Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Posty McPostsALot
Default Skyrim: Dawnguard DLC!   #1  

Soooo is anyone else really looking forward to the DLC for Skyrim? I know that I am! Every time I think about it I get all giddy, it's weird. I'm actually too excited, if that's even possible. I haven't played Skyrim for a while now so hearing and thinking about the new DLC has gotten me back into playing it.~

You will also now be able to wield weapons while riding horses! I'm looking forward to figuring out how to do that so that I can be good at it. o wo

Here is the official trailer for it if you have yet to see it!
Quote:
The expansion features two new factions: the Dawnguard, housed in Fort Dawnguard; and the Vampires, who reside in Castle Volkihar. The strongholds serve as new homes for the player, with each featuring unique bonuses. In addition, the Soul Cairn can be visited, which is a plane of Oblivion filled with undead.
Joining the Vampires allows the player to transform into a Vampire Lord at will, along with special accompanying abilities, which can be chosen from a dedicated skill tree. Vampire Lords will be attacked by almost all NPCs on sight, while regular vampires no longer trigger a hostile reaction. A Lycanthropy skill tree is also added, granting new powers and abilities for Skyrim's werewolves.
Dawnguard adds a variety of new enemies throughout Skyrim, including powerful Legendary Dragons, Gargoyles, Death Hounds, and Armored Trolls. New weapons, such as the crossbow and Dragonbone weapons, are available, along with new shouts such as Soul Tear, which rips the spirit of a slain enemy from its corpse to fight for the player. Also included is a new NPC in Riften's Ratway, who can alter a character's appearance (but not race or gender). The Soul Tear shout is taught to the Dragonborn by a dragon located in the Soul Cairn itself, as was revealed in an E3 interview with Todd Howard on G4TV. Vampire Lords have the ability to summon Gargoyles to their aid, while the Dawnguard seems to be the source of Armored Trolls. Vampire Lords can fly or walk, and are equipped with melee strikes as well as a variety of spells that are unlocked through the dedicated skill tree. These powers range from increased health recovery through biting and sucking the blood of enemies, to an enhanced form of the Vampiric Drain spell used by Vampires that seems to be combined with a more powerful version of Telekinesis, allowing you to lift enemies into the air while draining health.
So I'm thinking I'll have one character become a Vampire Lord and the other fight against the Vampires. Also from the trailer I can see that there will be a new horse ( maybe new horses? ). Ahhhh I can't wait! What does everyone else think? o uo

call me grem
they/them
Last edited by gremlin; 06-06-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old Posted 06-06-2012, 02:45 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
The best thing about being with the vampires is that you will use an elder scrolls to get rid of the sun, thus making vampires actually useful in the game.

I'm tempted to be a vampire so I can block the sun, then cure myself and become a werewolf instead xD.

There's a new werewolf skill tree, and vampire skill tree also <3. Hopefully they raise the level cap so I can update my guys in the new skill trees.

I'm not interested whatsoever in joining the Dawnguard, sorry but Vampire killers? BOORRING. I'm sorry but a crossbow is not exciting... I'll probably have my warrior dude join the Dawnguard just to see that half. And my main Mage to become a vampire and join the Vampire Lords.

I'm very excited, but for some reason... I want to see what the next DLC will be. <3

Last edited by Illusion; 06-12-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old Posted 06-07-2012, 06:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #3  

Pfffft saving Skyrim will be boring. o wo
I'm going to do it just to see what differences it makes, and there will probably be an achievement! Being a Vampire Lord is going to be so fun omg.~

call me grem
they/them
Old Posted 06-11-2012, 01:15 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I've seen the ads for it on Steam. Haven't look at it much though. Weapons on horseback sounds pretty nifty. Would your horse still run scared at times? That the annoying I found about fighting dragons is that the thing would inevitably go after my horse when I dismounted and my graphics card isn't quite good enough to handle fast turns so it was more luck if I managed to attract the dragons attention before my horse took off. It likes me but not quite that much.
Old Posted 06-11-2012, 06:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #5  

Usually my horses go after the dragons and attacked them. Especially Shadowmere... o Ao
I've never seen my horse run away from an enemy, that's odd or maybe I've just never seen that and it does happen? - shrugs -

Anyways... I'm going to play Skyrim sometime this week, hopefully, so I'll finally get to ride on my horse and use weapons!

call me grem
they/them
Old Posted 06-13-2012, 06:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Professional Monster Hunter
I seriously cant wait xD im very tempted to be a vampire hunster but alas there are no whips so a belmont i can not make D=
Old Posted 06-13-2012, 07:56 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #7  
I made a new character a couple of days ago just so he will be a awesome vampire hunter. I forgot just how many big quests I missed.... I skipped like... 5 Awesome daedric quests. One of which gives you a freakin shield that blocks almost all magical attacks, and dragon breathe! And I keep finding more and more good quests that I miss.

Just comes to show that 300 hours of skyrim, and I only scratched so little of it.

Old Posted 06-13-2012, 10:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee's Mad Hatter
I tried for the Beta and didn't get in so I'll have to wait till I get paid.
Whenever that will be.

I'll just be jealous of the people who get it right when it comes out.
Old Posted 06-14-2012, 12:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Magic
Default   #9  
didn't know about it, now looking forward to it
Old Posted 06-14-2012, 12:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee's Mad Hatter
I saw on Google that the DLC will have dragon bone weapons.

Should have been a no brainer since every other smithing component had armor AND weapons but it's nice to be able to use all these bones I have stored away.
Old Posted 06-16-2012, 01:30 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #11  
They are adding dragon bone weapons? Well my weapons are now going to be replaced with something stronger I suppose....

I keep hearing rumors about werebears being added. Its funny too, in the Betheseda fourms someone who claimed to be a beta tester said werebears were in Dawnguard. And the thread he posted in was deleted, so was 5 other werebear threads. VERY FISHY STICK.

Old Posted 06-17-2012, 09:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot

Werebears lmao that sounds hilarious.
They may have been deleted because they are false claims or because they are telling the truth and they aren't suppose to reveal anything about the beta. >___>

call me grem
they/them
Old Posted 06-20-2012, 02:14 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #13  
I want my Dovahbear!!! <3

Old Posted 06-21-2012, 05:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot

I told my brother about the information leaked and he started to laugh. Werebears sounds so funny but cute, how? xD
How can those exist?

call me grem
they/them
Old Posted 06-22-2012, 12:37 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #15  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neirra View Post

I told my brother about the information leaked and he started to laugh. Werebears sounds so funny but cute, how? xD
How can those exist?

Wearbears have been said to be living in large populations in Skyrim since Morrowind. That and werebears were featured in the Gamejam 2011 video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SE5o...ure=plpp_video

I highly suggest watching it, it's amazingly awesome. And the song remix Bethesda did is my favorite remix of all time. xD

Old Posted 06-22-2012, 04:17 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Werebears sound most cool. I might have to make another character for that since I like my werewolf so far, not that I've used her wereness much, just in the stupidly hard fight against the Skinner.

I'm kind annoyed that in Skyrim you can't layer cloaks with armour. I have a character concept in mind but I can't pull it off the way I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neirra
Usually my horses go after the dragons and attacked them. Especially Shadowmere... o Ao
I've never seen my horse run away from an enemy, that's odd or maybe I've just never seen that and it does happen? - shrugs -
It depends on how much your horse likes you. Early on, horses are more likely to run from danger but as they bond with you they will fight things instead. First time I found that out was when I got off my horse nearby a bandit camp so I could go and fight and the horse prompty took off and proceeded to take out said camp by itself while I ran after it trying to make sure it didn't die.

Dragons have killed my horse a couple times. If I'm on my horse when one shows up, it nearly always goes after the horse when I get off, and running away to a safe place to dismount means I lose the dragon half the time.

How much your horse likes you also determines how far it runs away when it does get scared. The first time my horse bolted it was nowhere to be found. When I was dealing with a dragon, it only ran off to stand on the next hill.

Shadowmere is fancypants as far as I know, so it's likely she tougher than the "regulars" are. I know there are two fancy horses you can get in game (I hope they add more sometime) but I like my Queenie. :)
Old Posted 06-22-2012, 09:17 PM Reply With Quote