Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

L.E.D Sheep
Default I missed you guys.   #1  
I'm so glad to see Tris is still here and doing well. I was always a lurker, but the few times I went out of my comfort zone and posted here, I met some of the coolest people the internet has to offer. I've never been good at staying active in forums, but I'm slowly getting better, and hopefully I'll find it in me to stick around in chat this time. <3

So how've things been?
Old Posted 05-17-2016, 11:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Hello! Nice to meet you! I suffer the same thing unfortunately. But I've been making a pretty good run at staying active this year! Welcome back, how is life treating you? :)

Old Posted 05-18-2016, 12:12 AM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Default   #3  
Hi, Glitch! Your username is so familiar that I feel we may have met before, but it would have been so long ago that it's impossible to say. So either way, it's nice to meet you too!

I'm glad to hear you're having more luck with staying active recently. I have been extremely busy over the past year with classes, research, and teaching, but this summer I only have to worry about the teaching, so hopefully I'll have an easier time staying active as well!
Old Posted 05-18-2016, 12:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Ah I actually used to be Winter on here! I changed it when I came back ^_^ But I've been glitch everywhere else!

I managed to graduate college so no more classes for me, aside from the ones I do on my own.

What do you teach? I wanted to be a teacher . . . the intro class though, where you get approved into the program, was really rough. I aced all of the written exams but failed the multiple choice tests so they wanted me to take the class over before allowing me in. I felt so disheartened about it that I decided not to continue. I regret it now but can always go back!

Old Posted 05-18-2016, 01:58 AM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Default   #5  
Interesting! Then perhaps I know you from somewhere else, or I am remembering the name Glitch for a totally unrelated reason.

That's cool, what did you get your degree in? I finished my bachelor's degree in math a couple years ago, and decided last year to go back for a master's. It's been a huge pain in the ass, but it also gave me the opportunity to teach a couple of classes in the math department, so without suffering through grad school, I would never have known how much I enjoy teaching!

Actually, I was originally studying to be a secondary school teacher too! I changed because I thought I would be happier in math research. I was wrong, but at least I know that now. (And by the way, if you go back to get your teaching certificate, do it at another school. Any school that uses a multiple choice test to determine who will make a good teacher is completely missing the point of studying education.)
Old Posted 05-21-2016, 11:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
I think schools themselves kind of miss the point of being a teacher these days...

In America, anyway.
Old Posted 05-21-2016, 12:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #7  
I got mine in writing, but for writing like . . . forms and instruction manuals and things most people fine boring haha.

Old Posted 05-21-2016, 03:23 PM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Toho: The real problem is that the teachers, the people who actually understand what is needed to facilitate student learning, have very little say over how the school operates or even how they conduct their own classrooms. Outdated curricula, the shitstorm that is standardized testing, and so on - these decisions are often made by bureaucrats who have no teaching experience or knowledge of pedagogy but assume they know what students need just because at one time they themselves were students. And when their bad ideas fail, it's the teachers who take the blame. ><

Glitch: Haha, I would probably find that boring too, but this is coming from someone who thinks formal logic is fun, so... the pot's calling the kettle black. :P
Old Posted 05-22-2016, 12:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #9  
haha i just get so fired up about making a document that somebody has to fill out XD

Old Posted 05-22-2016, 12:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Glad to have you back!
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 05-23-2016, 08:32 PM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Default   #11  
Glitch: Well hopefully the documents you write are not as confusing and horrible as some of the ones I've filled out!

Ginger, you're still here! I'm glad to be back, haha. How've you been?
Old Posted 05-23-2016, 11:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Well . . sometimes i fill them out myself . . . just to see how it feels. xD

Old Posted 05-24-2016, 01:02 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #13  
hi there! it's actually be a few years since i have seen you around XD
Old Posted 05-24-2016, 06:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Oh hey, I remember you.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-25-2016, 02:45 AM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Default   #15  
Glitch: That makes sense. As a teacher, I always take the exams I write to check for anything that might be confusing.

chocobo: Yeah lol my last posts are from 2014. xD Your art in my sig might be much older than that!

Espy: Hello, I remember you too! How have you been?
Old Posted 05-28-2016, 10:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Eh, could be a lot better, but not horrible :P
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-28-2016, 01:32 PM Reply With Quote