Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Lazy
Default A Cumbersome Introduction   #1  
Ah! Hello there! Please, do come in! What's that you say? It is I who is the visitor, and you who is the host? Why, I suppose you're right! Now, you may be wondering, “Who is this person? And why is he using all this exotic punctuation? Does he think himself too good for periods?” Well, the answer to your question is “No.” The last question, at least

As you may have guessed, I am the kind of guy who fancies himself clever. I'm quick to a good joke, and even quicker to a bad one. I like to consider myself as something of a scholar of the internet, exploring its vast expanses that I might show my findings to my uninterested peers. And yet, until recently, I had never even heard of an avatar website. The concept of purely textual internet role-playing was also novel to me, though I have dabbled in old-school table-top roleplaying. So I figured, why not?

I apologize if I come off as long-winded, but not enough to stop being long-winded. I go to great lengths to present the facade of a gentleman, often using more words than necessary, or even advisable, and arranging my grammar such that, while technically correct, it leaves my message unintelligible to the reasonable person. If I had an avatar that could reflect that, I would be quite thankful. I don't find begging terribly gentlemanly, so I apologize if this is a breach in etiquette. Really, if someone could just point me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated, as I should have little trouble acquiring money if all I must do it say words. I am quite partial to top hats and bow ties. As a personal hero of mine once said, “Bow Ties are cool.” And I endeavor to live by those words every day of my life.

So here we are, a whole paragraph after I apologized for my lack of brevity. This seems like a prudent place to sign off. The TL;DR of this is that I like to say things that I think are funny. You're welcome to join me in thinking that.
In all likelihood, you just read a clunky wall of text. There's no need for me to make you read even more in my signature.
Old Posted 02-07-2013, 09:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbow Goddess
//slow clap
That was probably the best introduction ive ever read. Ever.
You sir win the Internet.

Anyways glad your first avatar site is tris~ its is a great one.
So welcome!

Since this is your first one ever you're probably not familiar with anything but I see you've got your avatar started! That's a big feat here!
I hope someone comes and posts all the links you'll need to read or look at ^^

We also have tons of "gentleman" styled items :3 so hopefully someone can help show you those as well.
Im not really able to do it since im on a kindle~ but ill help where I can!

my closet
Dark is my puppyi luff hermes<3
Old Posted 02-07-2013, 09:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #3  
Why, hello, hello! A cheerful welcome to Trisphee, I greet unto you. :)
I do hope you enjoy yourself here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them. We're a friendly bunch here. We don't bite, honest! :P

...Aaaand, I'm too busy to type anymore. XP That'll have to do for now. Sorry. D:

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 02-07-2013, 09:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
I appreciate the hospitality. I had hoped to use a picture of Aang as my avatar, (I'm a fan of puns, you see) but it was to no avail.

Don't let me stop you from doing things of value. I may even join you some day, in the realm of the productive.
In all likelihood, you just read a clunky wall of text. There's no need for me to make you read even more in my signature.
Old Posted 02-07-2013, 10:07 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #5  
what a strange and wordy fellow you are XD welcome to tris
Old Posted 02-07-2013, 10:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
You're too kind. If I had a hat, I would tip it to you.
Old Posted 02-07-2013, 10:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbow Goddess
Default   #7  
That would be rather punny.
I hope we get arrow tattoos or something close to that for a cosplay perhaps.
It would be interesting and such.

my closet
Dark is my puppyi luff hermes<3
Old Posted 02-07-2013, 10:29 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
we only have three hats and two are too expensive X'D but i hope you like the items i had on hand, it was worth it to have an intro that was not the usual 'hi i am adorable and i came from a big site lets rp/pic post' XD
Old Posted 02-07-2013, 10:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #9  
I've never been particularly fond of tattoos, but if I were to get one, it would be a Triforce on the back of my hand, likely with the Triforce of Wisdom filled in.

It is now dawning on me that you were likely referring to tattoos for your avatar. On the avatar website. Through which we are currently communicating. Indeed
Old Posted 02-07-2013, 10:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyphlan View Post
I appreciate the hospitality. I had hoped to use a picture of Aang as my avatar, (I'm a fan of puns, you see) but it was to no avail.

Don't let me stop you from doing things of value. I may even join you some day, in the realm of the productive.
Aang? o3o What's that? I'm afraid, my brain's rather distracted by hockey right now. >_>

Eh, I'm multitasking between doing real life work, Tris work, and now watching hockey (as of an hour and a half ago when the game started).

*pokes your signature* Also, in response to what it says there, I'm interested in reading a long signature. o3o
If you don't wish to impede others with a long one, perhaps place it in [spoil][/spoil] tags to hide it? :o

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 02-07-2013, 10:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #11  
He's The Last Airbender, whom you surely recognize from that movie that M. Night Shyamalan made, which I loved totally unironically.

I had a couple of quotes in my sig, but I thought they looked weird with all the things I was saying. If you're curious, they were:

"If you can't have fun playin' with a toy truck, then it's time to reevaluate your life." Ray Smuckels

"Revenge is a dish best served by dinosaurs with lasers" - SMBC

" To me, you are no more than a prompt from the audience, a setup to a punchline" - Me

"There's more to people than pithy profile quotes" - A dirty liar
Old Posted 02-07-2013, 10:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Yeeeeeeeaaah, I've never actually read or watched any of The Last Airbender stuff. >_>

I like the second one. That is awesome. Period. :D
The others were great as well, but the second just takes the cake. X3

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 02-07-2013, 10:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #13  
It really is quite the best. And rigorous scientific experimentation has proven it true.
Old Posted 02-07-2013, 10:58 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Oh wow...

I welcome a new comer...

And might I say, I got lost half way through your introduction.
I guess I'm a simple kind of guy. Like things to be simple. XD

Anyways, welcome and it's would be a blast to talk to you. XD
Old Posted 02-07-2013, 11:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #15  
Well, dinosaurs are awesome in general, but add lasers to the mix?! Hot damn, what a combination that is! X3

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 02-08-2013, 12:18 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Hello. Welcome to Trisphee. ...I'd tell you to ask whatever questions you may have, if I wasn't about to pass out from sheer exhaustion.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 02-08-2013, 01:45 AM Reply With Quote