Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Illusionist
Default   #49  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
Illusions, we work for Trisphee as a whole, not just you. Keep that in mind. So while your opinion is appreciated, I know plenty of users perfectly happy with us using themes, Not to mention themes are plenty diverse and give direction so we don't have too run everywhere trying to figure out what we are doing. We have done a theme every year. I do not see this changing.

Butterfly is a theme also. So your argument is not making sense.
I'm lost at somewhat at the beginning of your sentence because I'm not sure what you are trying to refer to by saying we work as a whole, not just you. o.e...

And how is JUST butterfly wings as a one pose focus for an entire item a theme? I thought I pointed out the differences between nicely, or was butterfly wings a bad example?
Sorry I'm just losing sight of your point of view other then every year the yearlies have a theme.

Just forget this conversation and move on. I don't want to wild up anyone and tear me limb for limb for my opinion. :/

Old Posted 09-17-2012, 04:14 PM  
It's over 9000!
Your attitude about the work that the art staff puts in on this items for the members of trisphee is unkind and harsh. You're allowed to have opinions, but the way you word them is what we are having a problem with. Its more of a personal attack then anything. It would have been better if you worded it kinder, or just sent a pm if you truly had concerns.

And on this

"I'm lost at somewhat at the beginning of your sentence because I'm not sure what you are trying to refer to by saying we work as a whole, not just you. o.e..."

She meant we on the staff do not just design for you, but for all of the members of trisphee. While your opinions matter, it is not just you that needs to enjoy the items.
"It's in the stars.
It's been written in the scars on our hearts.

Your head is running wild again, my dear.
We still have everythin'.
We're not broken, just bent.
I'll fix it for us.
Our love's enough. "
Old Posted 09-17-2012, 04:17 PM  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #51  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post

And how is JUST butterfly wings as a one pose focus for an entire item a theme?
a butterfly as a theme.. do you know how many different kind of butterflys are out there? xD

the wings could be styled from so many different butterflies. like monarch wings, swallowtail wings ect.

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Last edited by Demonskid; 09-17-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old Posted 09-17-2012, 04:20 PM  
Art Meiser
You're opinion matters, the point is you presented both harshly and like you have say for what all users want. If you posted constructive criticism you might be received better, this is something you have not even given me the respect of. While yes it hurts, you aren't going to be torn limb from limb. The first theme was dark and light, the second was tarot cards, and this theme is just as broad, if not broader than the first. Why I say butterfly is a theme: Because you still have all the poses based on one sole thing, not only is that theme small there is very little that can be done with it. When we choose a theme, we make sure its broad enough to do many items.
The Almighty Fen-God
[8:25:15 PM] Galla: o3o ty for amusing my peen obsession
Married to: Galla, Aurelia, Sei, Demonskid, Arrikanez and Ashy.
Batty is My Girlfriend!
Mizzy is my Family.
Belial is my Cookie Monster!

Mon-Mon is my rainbow popsicle!
Chi is my Famiry!

Old Posted 09-17-2012, 04:20 PM  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #53  
I have to disagree on the item size, the over arching theme ties the yearlies together. The size and poses are comparable with smaller monthly items, i directly counted a few to check. My only suggestion would be that the yearlies have a more broad color selection in the future. Monthlies have typically 3 colors (Gall, Ashy, and every one who colors don't kill me) but if the yearlies had like 6 or more color options the time that they are in the shop would be better suited. Even gradually releasing the new colors in them over the year that they are there to lessen the load at first and to make them more pursued as the year goes on to keep up interest.
Old Posted 09-17-2012, 04:47 PM  
Pocket Demon Ninja
I'm gonna post this because this is how I translated Illu's thing.

he see's year 1 had shawls, skins, and halos, and so on where each item was just that. an item with different poses to it. and year two was just representing cards which could be considered different themes themselves.

thing is he missed the theme of the items where it was light vs dark. :3

So our first yearlies.

Theme: Light and Dark
Item Types: Shawl with many ways a shawl could go, Skins with tails/without tails, Halo's with many different poses ect.

our second set of yearlies

Theme: Tarot Cards

Item Types: Lovers, The World, The Tower, Strenght. each items represented their respectible cards from the tarot theme. :3

I can see where Illu is coming at.

the thing is the theme was tarot as a whole. :3 it is a theme just like light vs dark but with much more variety and options for users to choose from. people interperate themes differently i guess.

I'll go back into my hole now >x<

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 09-17-2012, 04:55 PM  
Art Meiser
Default   #55  
Tiva, more color options for yearlies has already been in discussion. I'm not upset at Illusions, or his point. He does have one even if I feel he did not present it well. My biggest worry was how he presented it. If his first post had been;

"I don't really agree with how the yearlies have been in the past and this is why..."

It would of been constructive and not just "the current yearlies are bad"

Which sounds hurtful.

The reason we do a theme is it gives them a feel, a direction, something for us to work with quite easily without short cutting us. I apologize to Illusions because I do feel like everyone rises to defend me, and what I do. I was trying to be nice when I was counter-pointing him. I feel bad because it did not seem to come off that way.
The Almighty Fen-God
[8:25:15 PM] Galla: o3o ty for amusing my peen obsession
Married to: Galla, Aurelia, Sei, Demonskid, Arrikanez and Ashy.
Batty is My Girlfriend!
Mizzy is my Family.
Belial is my Cookie Monster!

Mon-Mon is my rainbow popsicle!
Chi is my Famiry!

Old Posted 09-17-2012, 04:57 PM  
It's over 9000!
Also a theme helps more then one artist design for the items and keep them all tied together~
Old Posted 09-17-2012, 05:00 PM  
Derp
Default   #57  
1. Sew sew stitch me away, put me together and play.
Tailor items? needles and the like! WOO

2. I'm Mr. Bad Temper, everything I touch.
Hot headed? Fire? Sweetness.

3. I'll get you and your little Kyun too!
Dorthy I don't think I'm in Kansas anymore. OZ here we come!

"In a land far, far away, all the beasties come out to play."
Grimm Fairytale take one~ ACTION!
Old Posted 09-17-2012, 06:27 PM  
Snap!
1. Sew sew stitch me away, put me together and play.

This makes me think of voodoo dolls O.o
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 09-17-2012, 11:08 PM  
I've got the Gewds.
Default   #59  
Without reading the other guesses, because I didn't wanna taint my own thoughts- here are my guesses:
1. Voodoo doll, or rag doll. Some sort of doll.
2. All I can think of is.. "IM MISTER HEAT MEISER, I'M MISTER 101." xD
3. Uhh, wizard of Oz much? xD

Then for the yearly clue..
Where the Wild Things Are.
:3
If your blindfold comes off, then should I blind you instead?
✘ ✘ ✘
FurAffinity
DeviantArt

✘ ✘ ✘

I'm SOOOOOO Sexy ;3
Old Posted 09-17-2012, 11:46 PM  
Delicate Soul
1. Marionettes
2. Fiery hot
3. Wizard of Oz

Quote: I thought about Halloween Town at first but that seemed too pin point. The last thing I can think of is the Chinese Zodiac?

Broken Spirit
Last edited by Chi; 09-17-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Old Posted 09-17-2012, 11:48 PM  
The Illusionist
Default   #61  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonskid View Post
I'm gonna post this because this is how I translated Illu's thing.

he see's year 1 had shawls, skins, and halos, and so on where each item was just that. an item with different poses to it. and year two was just representing cards which could be considered different themes themselves.

thing is he missed the theme of the items where it was light vs dark. :3

So our first yearlies.

Theme: Light and Dark
Item Types: Shawl with many ways a shawl could go, Skins with tails/without tails, Halo's with many different poses ect.

our second set of yearlies

Theme: Tarot Cards

Item Types: Lovers, The World, The Tower, Strenght. each items represented their respectible cards from the tarot theme. :3

I can see where Illu is coming at.

the thing is the theme was tarot as a whole. :3 it is a theme just like light vs dark but with much more variety and options for users to choose from. people interperate themes differently i guess.

I'll go back into my hole now >x<
Me in a nutshell.
*Scampers off to the planet made out of sprinkles and ice cream"

Old Posted 09-18-2012, 01:59 AM  
Wanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
Me in a nutshell.
*Scampers off to the planet made out of sprinkles and ice cream"
...Wait, so where the problem? -confused-
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 09-18-2012, 02:15 AM  
We're all mad here.
Default   #63  
Illusion and I are opposite sides of the fence. I prefer the current yearlies to the past ones, though what I have of the past ones I have used a lot.

I find that no matter how many items something has, most often there are only one or two poses that I use but some of those I use all the time.
Old Posted 09-18-2012, 03:12 AM  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
...Wait, so where the problem? -confused-
Instead of having a yearly with a shirt, pants, hat, and braclets inside he would prefer to see a yearly of a hat of many different colors and poses, a yearly of a shirt with different colors and poses and what not. just like the first set of yearlies were xD shawl, halos, skins ect...

That is what he is getting at I believe. ^-^

Illu - I know you so well OnO give me cookies yo!

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 09-18-2012, 07:32 AM