Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Red-aholic
Default   #33  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
The prices were chosen so it would be feasible to get multiple copies because we knew people would WANT multiple copies, especially for things like the armor where you need eight copies to wear the whole suit. Thinking of that as an item set that costs 80 souls instead of a single item that costs 10 might help you feel it's a little more balanced.
Yush, exactly. To get a complete set of everything in every pose (I know because I'm working on it, LOL) it's 5 guises, seven Harvests, and 10 Armors. That's 230 souls. Then you need 5 plushies, 5 Noxs, and then you have to buy two of each bundle because both staffs can be worn in both hands. So that's 375 shards; 275 if you don't care about the duplicate staffs. So 505-605 posts minimum, assuming you get the exact number you need of each type of currency, and I know that the souls are definitely rarer to some extent than the shards.

Seeing as we're going to need to save some of these for future Trispheeans too... I can understand the desire for some more highly priced items I guess, but 500+ posts just for a set for yourself (if you have perfectly luck, which is against the odds) sounds about right to me. When put out in numbers like that, how does everyone think?

This Sushi has been Fen-Bitten
Old Posted 09-23-2010, 05:40 PM  
Developer
630 posts on average, actually, I did the math when we were figuring this stuff up in the first place. (Actually... might be more now that the lanterns are in the picture. I haven't recalculated.)
Old Posted 09-23-2010, 06:25 PM  
Gackt's bodyguard
Default   #35  
I'm personally happy with 2 sets or something. I don't need all poses as once...

If you can read this it means you have passed the first grade, congratulations.
Old Posted 09-23-2010, 06:32 PM  
Red-aholic
Excellent, and I think it's perfectly fair to ask someone to make 630 posts (+~125 for the lantern) in two weeks for a set for themsevles. If you don't have a lot of time to post you can still do it, and the rest of us can save them to sell to others either now or in the future. Personally I'm very happy with the way the prices were done this event. And the bundles were genius--now you won't have one piece that'll inflate more than the rest because it was bought less at the time, they're all out there in sets. Perfect. Plus less shop clutter. xD

Old Posted 09-23-2010, 06:59 PM  
Art Meiser
Default   #37  
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraMinamino View Post
Excellent, and I think it's perfectly fair to ask someone to make 630 posts (+~125 for the lantern) in two weeks for a set for themsevles. If you don't have a lot of time to post you can still do it, and the rest of us can save them to sell to others either now or in the future. Personally I'm very happy with the way the prices were done this event. And the bundles were genius--now you won't have one piece that'll inflate more than the rest because it was bought less at the time, they're all out there in sets. Perfect. Plus less shop clutter. xD

Bundles is a feature we plan to keep. It is less clutter and less event items that way. Plus allows us to make that NPC outfits.
The Almighty Fen-God
[8:25:15 PM] Galla: o3o ty for amusing my peen obsession
Married to: Galla, Aurelia, Sei, Demonskid, Arrikanez and Ashy.
Batty is My Girlfriend!
Mizzy is my Family.
Belial is my Cookie Monster!

Mon-Mon is my rainbow popsicle!
Chi is my Famiry!

Old Posted 09-23-2010, 07:08 PM  
Mother Ship
I have not really had a chance to get into the event much yet, but it looks very good and fair so far. I hope to get a couple of those lovely multi-pose items in the event shop. :D I hope currency conversion is part of the next event. It would be so very helpful. Now I am off to post and get shards and souls.
Old Posted 09-23-2010, 08:56 PM  
SangKixChase
Default   #39  
What did you enjoy?
the story. very well done~

What could be better?
i understand the need to create activity on the site, but needing to post so much just to have a complete set (no duplicates) is not all that lurker friendly for me. we all cannot be posting machines and post 15o+ times in a few hours xD

but it's made up for with the length of the event and the number of currency needed for each item~ ^^

Things we could do in the future?
keep the bundle idea, 2 week long event, and letting us be able to see how many items, how much currency, and the poses of the items, either all at once or slowly added to the shop.

Where the items good?
most of them look pretty decent. favorites include the Guise and Bundle sets. i enjoy the bundle idea a lot.
the Withering Nox looks a bit weird; it looks harsh with the dark lines and then blurring at the same time. the Griffin looks a tad blurry as well. i still wish you only needed ONE of the items to use ALL the items. but i suppose you'd be able to get more revenue the way it is, seeing as people will want to wear more than one item of a set so will buy more.
Old Posted 09-23-2010, 08:57 PM  
Red-aholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
Bundles is a feature we plan to keep. It is less clutter and less event items that way. Plus allows us to make that NPC outfits.
Excellent, I'm glad to hear it! Less clutter, and it evens out the items for the economy, which is so great. And ahhh, the NPC outfit thing is a good bonus for you guys!! *grin*

Old Posted 09-23-2010, 09:00 PM  
Art Meiser
Default   #41  
The withering nox item is supposed to appear artistic and painted. so its going to look a bit different than the others. I understand not everyone will like that but some do. As for the griffin. The only thing a little blurred is the button eyes and that was to keep them looking like they connected to the item rather than like they were just sitting there.
The Almighty Fen-God
[8:25:15 PM] Galla: o3o ty for amusing my peen obsession
Married to: Galla, Aurelia, Sei, Demonskid, Arrikanez and Ashy.
Batty is My Girlfriend!
Mizzy is my Family.
Belial is my Cookie Monster!

Mon-Mon is my rainbow popsicle!
Chi is my Famiry!

Old Posted 09-23-2010, 09:50 PM  
Red-aholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
The withering nox item...I understand not everyone will like that but some do.
Hee. Like me!! *grin* Seriously, favorite item of the whole event. *pets it* I like them all, of course, but....the Nox has a special place in my heart <3 *cuddles my lantern*

Old Posted 09-23-2010, 10:19 PM  
More Magic
Default   #43  
I feel quite content with the event. It's lovely.
Old Posted 09-24-2010, 12:40 PM  
Resident ghost caracal
I am crazy, by wishing to get 12 items of each time - for all poses and for extra sets for friends, but if one posts a lot, I think it is quite possible. I am currently about halfway to my 4th set.
~ Hello, I am Sadrain, a ghost Caracal, but you can call me Rainy.
Nice to meet you. =^-^= ~
~Questing: Yearlies, RIGs, Lot of MIs, RUNES (always), Aurum
Shop: Selling MOST EIs | NOT updated buying thread ~

|~ Status:
Questing so much things I don't know where to start ~|

~Manning Crow's Nest on Haunted Galleon under Captain Lawtan's rule ~
Old Posted 09-24-2010, 03:00 PM  
Show Me Your Teeth
Default   #45  
Still amazing, and still love it.
Color me.
Old Posted 09-24-2010, 03:35 PM  
Dancing in the Rain
I like it a lot ^^
Old Posted 09-25-2010, 01:37 PM  
Jedi Ninja Cookie Sage
Default   #47  

I am enjoying the event. I don't think a browsing option should be added either. It will discourage people from posting. Plus it might invite people to use auto-refreshers.

I love just about everything so far. The only thing about the event that I do not like is the item with the clouds and lanturn. The clouds look like greyish lumps instead of fluffy stormy clouds.

Old Posted 09-25-2010, 06:08 PM  
I killed the muffin man. OMNOMNOM
I like the event and I am glad that it is encouraging people to post. :3

I think to make it more lurker friendly though (being a lurker myself) maybe we could still have two currencies, one you earn through posting and the second through some other means?

Dem is Lucid's Waffle. <3
Old Posted 09-25-2010, 07:30 PM