Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #17  
This IS a lot more lurker-friendly than the original plan. We spent some time discussing payouts and prices before going live with the event because we wanted it to be reasonable for someone who doesn't post a lot to pick up the items. That's why the event runs until October 4th, and that's why we're running so many contests and games along with it. It's also why the items are all tradeable, including the currency itself -- it lets users who have more than they need share with the people who can't get it.

We intend to have future events be a lot more interactive but we just wanted something to kick off the site with that wouldn't be too hard to get ready while we're still trying to get everything settled in.
Old Posted 09-22-2010, 06:03 PM  
Red-aholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
This IS a lot more lurker-friendly than the original plan. We spent some time discussing payouts and prices before going live with the event because we wanted it to be reasonable for someone who doesn't post a lot to pick up the items. That's why the event runs until October 4th, and that's why we're running so many contests and games along with it. It's also why the items are all tradeable, including the currency itself -- it lets users who have more than they need share with the people who can't get it.

We intend to have future events be a lot more interactive but we just wanted something to kick off the site with that wouldn't be too hard to get ready while we're still trying to get everything settled in.
And I think you did a great job n.n And the prices are perfect, IMO. Kudos, guys. <3

Also yay, this is my 2nd quote xD

This Sushi has been Fen-Bitten
Old Posted 09-22-2010, 06:05 PM  
Shinigami
Default   #19  
What did you enjoy?
The event items. I love earning meh some lovely items ;D
What could be better?
I didn't really like how the plushies pixeling looked. It looked blurry to me? I'm not sure. I know I don't have that bad of eyes though 8D
Things we could do in the future?
n/a
Where the items good?
I love them for the most part :3
The scythe. I've always wanted a nice on a site, and this site did it! I applaud you guys greatly for that !!!! My dream scythe 8DDD

Call me Jandi.
- - -
"How did you fall from heaven, you morning star, you son of the dawn;
how did you fall to earth, conqueror of people."

Old Posted 09-22-2010, 08:00 PM  
Red-aholic
New item is wiiiiiiiiiiiiin. <3 Best. item. ever. *dies* Especially the tree + lantern and stump + lantern poses. WIN, guys, Epic, epic win. THANK YOU!!

Old Posted 09-22-2010, 08:52 PM  
Heavenly Angel
Default   #21  
What did you enjoy?

I really enjoy the event items and how active some users are becoming plus there are more activities throughout the site now than ever before and that's really really good. :3 Congrats Trisphee!

What could be better?

Make the event shorter, I think the one we have right now is here for kinda too long. Just one week is more than enough already for this event, unless there are more event items to obtain or something. Though it is still nice because it give those who can't make it all the time or post slow be able to enjoy the event too.

Hide some event items around the site and let users find it. :3 We can also do a GACHA machine where user can use the event currency and then place it and then get a random event item. :]

Where the items good?

It is totally amazing! The best items on the site so far! I especially like the moon one a lot.
Old Posted 09-22-2010, 09:11 PM  
Thorns and Claws
I love the items, really for a first event I think it's rather well done. ^^ the items are nice looking and all though I'm not really sure on how hard or not it is to get them maybe sort out the information a little more on the event forum seeing as it was a bit confusing.. >.< or maybe i'm just slow tonight could also be possible.

On another note I like that the event is more then a week long, I have a lot of things going on in my life so I don't get to post as often as I would like to.. but being a few weeks long allows me to have a chance to get at least a set of the items for myself. ^^
Last edited by Rosekitten; 09-23-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old Posted 09-22-2010, 11:28 PM  
Show Me Your Teeth
Default   #23  
What did you enjoy? I enjoy the items and the event's theme. It was well set up. Thank you.

Where the items good?
They were amazing! I love them all. <3
Color me.
Old Posted 09-23-2010, 02:14 AM  
Keeper of Secrets
I started this site yesterday. I must admit the items are wonderful, better than most other sites of these kinds I have played. I agree with Yuki though it could be a bit more lurker friendly. It would be nice to have a conversion system and even on a rare occasion get more than one shard, but perhaps having a 1 in 10 chance of it happening and ranging the shard drop between 2 to 4
Old Posted 09-23-2010, 03:54 AM  
Red-aholic
Default   #25  
I don't like the idea of random items, personally.....then one item always ends up more rare than the others (even if they all have equal chance) and inflates...or the more popular one inflates, etc. I like it the way it was done n.n

Old Posted 09-23-2010, 09:25 AM  
The Illusionist
What did you enjoy?
I enjoy posting for the new currency, well balanced but a little to easy to get currency.

What could be better?
The balancing of souls, too easy to get. Getting the soul items were easier then then all the shards. Super expensive soul item yes?

Have something appear on the screen at random, and you click it to get the rewards/tickets for the items. Add some super costly item for the event, something everyone would want.

Where the items good?
The bundles were awesome, the withering nox wasn't quite good, and the armor was missing platebodys and leg guards.

Last edited by Illusion; 09-23-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old Posted 09-23-2010, 09:28 AM  
Resident ghost caracal
Default   #27  
@ Panda I like knowing what I get, please and thank you. XD
And it's so long because it's not more lurker friendly than others will be, so they stretched it out some.
~ Hello, I am Sadrain, a ghost Caracal, but you can call me Rainy.
Nice to meet you. =^-^= ~
~Questing: Yearlies, RIGs, Lot of MIs, RUNES (always), Aurum
Shop: Selling MOST EIs | NOT updated buying thread ~

|~ Status:
Questing so much things I don't know where to start ~|

~Manning Crow's Nest on Haunted Galleon under Captain Lawtan's rule ~
Old Posted 09-23-2010, 12:33 PM  
Spare change?
What did you enjoy?
I enjoyed how the event items weren't so costly and that they were trade-able along with the currency to get the items. I think that makes it a little more fair for the people who don't get to post as much and as often.

Where the items good?
I love them <3
Your friendly neighborhood panhandler.
Old Posted 09-23-2010, 03:31 PM  
King of Games
Default   #29  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
What did you enjoy?
I enjoy posting for the new currency, well balanced but a little to easy to get currency.

What could be better?
The balancing of souls, too easy to get. Getting the soul items were easier then then all the shards. Super expensive soul item yes?

Have something appear on the screen at random, and you click it to get the rewards/tickets for the items. Add some super costly item for the event, something everyone would want.

Where the items good?
The bundles were awesome, the withering nox wasn't quite good, and the armor was missing platebodys and leg guards.
A super-costly item means that it inflates even DURING the event, not just after. Which means it inflates even more after, which hurts the economy. Nothanksplease.
Mule of SakuraMinamino ^^
Old Posted 09-23-2010, 04:45 PM  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Sakura - With how easily some of us were/are getting Souls, I think it would have been nice to have some Soul items that were worth more than 15 of them. Not super expensive, but more expensive than 15.

Mystic Menagerie (Temp Art) | The Alchemist's Den | The Alchemist's Desire | IRL Commissions

♔ Trisphee's one and only Vampire Prince ♔
Currently working on "Dream World Is Mine" art.
Let me catch you in my Dark Void...

Old Posted 09-23-2010, 04:54 PM  
Red-aholic
Default   #31  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Linden View Post
Sakura - With how easily some of us were/are getting Souls, I think it would have been nice to have some Soul items that were worth more than 15 of them. Not super expensive, but more expensive than 15.
Okay, maybe it's just a matter of semantics then : ) Agreed that I got the soul items I wanted (a set of them to wear) within a day and a half pretty easily--I just finished a few minutes ago actually xD So a more expensive one, certainly. I guess I saw "super expensive" and thought, like, a hundred+ for one item with multiple poses. xDD

EDIT: Though also, especially with this being the first event, it's not a bad thing that we can get more than one set apiece--helps there be enough in circulation for later users. But agreed, if the event is 2 weeks long, this is a bit cheap. If the event were only a week long, I'd say these prices were perfect. You shouldn't have to post constantly just to get a wearable set. I'm still working on enough shards for my one wearable set. Have enough souls though.

Last edited by SakuraMinamino; 09-23-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old Posted 09-23-2010, 04:56 PM  
Developer
The prices were chosen so it would be feasible to get multiple copies because we knew people would WANT multiple copies, especially for things like the armor where you need eight copies to wear the whole suit. Thinking of that as an item set that costs 80 souls instead of a single item that costs 10 might help you feel it's a little more balanced.
Old Posted 09-23-2010, 05:17 PM