Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

*twitch*
Default My moon fish requires naming assistance   #1  
Here's a contest! Name Behemoth's moon fish for a chance at 1k aurums. If you'd like to stay and chat, in-character banter is always encouraged.

Greetings, terrestrial denizens of this puny land continent. I, the mighty and handsome and extremely masculine Behemoth, have risen from my cave palace between the waves, located in the heart of a marvelous coral reef, in order to study your human culture. Look, I even put on your quaint human garments! I do believe this jacket is made from the hide of a domestic bovine. I'm afraid that I had to cut it somewhat for my fins to fit comfortably through the sleeves, but it was a necessary modification. What if I encountered a female and had to fight off rival males using my poisonous spines? I have never actually met a female of my own kind or, in fact, anyone else, but to be prepared never hurt anyone.

At any rate, I digress. This festival of yours is intended to honor a celestial body called the moon, on which your dead are said to live, no? I find that concept very fascinating. Is there anything on this moon? What do these dead mortals subsist on? Is it possible to reach them with a very large rocket ship? What are these bodiless people doing on the moon anyway, building a school for magical youngsters? Perhaps these dead people are plotting something and we should cause their moon to explode.

When I left the ocean for your realm, I brought with me many guard fish to watch out for predators and to clean my hide of parasites. Are there sea lice on land? One of my fish servants in particular, the kindly blue one that is not the silly youngster in my grasp, has become fascinated with your moon full of dead people. I do not understand this obsession, because your moon is not colorful and is full of ghosts, but nevertheless, it is the first thing that this fish has fallen in love with. In the coral reef, fish are only given a name after we fall in love and because my fish has fallen in love, he requires a name. It is a very silly custom, but do not question the affairs of fish. However, I do not understand the process of naming very well, and I require your assistance.

Have you any ideas as to what my fish servant should be called? I would be most delighted if you would help me in this endeavor and the humanoid whose name that I and my fish find most pleasing will be rewarded at the end of the festival with an offering of your currency. Aurums, they are not? I think 1k of them would do.

So, have at it then, little land dwellers! My fish requires a name fitting of this season.
Old Posted 09-22-2010, 11:15 PM  
Human/Succubus/Angel Hybrid Sorceress
Hmmmm, I'm not very good with male names.... But I'll give it a try.

How about Akira?

TWALF*UPDATE*/Solar Kiss/dA

I like girls

"Demons, Zombies, Vampires.... I love 'em all!! Especially if they're great in bed :p ~Me

Rule one of the skies: Every airship captain must own one impossibly awesome robot
Old Posted 09-23-2010, 02:40 PM  
Thief of Always
Default   #3  
Psychopomp, the blue fish guide for the dead.
Old Posted 09-23-2010, 03:01 PM  
Resident ghost caracal
Oh, greetings to you, Behemeoth! I am joyed to see that you have joined us in this time of celebration.

May I suggest a name as well? In a far away world, there is a language I know and I find the name for Moon beautiful in it - Meness. And sky is Debess. If you ever find any of the names appealing, I shall be honored!
~ Hello, I am Sadrain, a ghost Caracal, but you can call me Rainy.
Nice to meet you. =^-^= ~
~Questing: Yearlies, RIGs, Lot of MIs, RUNES (always), Aurum
Shop: Selling MOST EIs | NOT updated buying thread ~

|~ Status:
Questing so much things I don't know where to start ~|

~Manning Crow's Nest on Haunted Galleon under Captain Lawtan's rule ~
Old Posted 09-23-2010, 03:24 PM  
Spare change?
Default   #5  
How about Moonbeam? Or Starfire?
Your friendly neighborhood panhandler.
Old Posted 09-23-2010, 03:25 PM  
Mother Ship
Hello. :) I will drop in and give a few suggestions for your fishie friend's name. I hope you like them.

Moongazer.

Mare Pisces.

Blue Moon. (or Sapphire Moon or Indigo Moon)

Aquas Luna.

Moonheart.
Old Posted 09-23-2010, 09:07 PM  
Harmless
Default   #7  
I'm partial to Aquas Luna.
Out of the two, Snow White was always remembered before Rose Red.
A 'mule'
Old Posted 09-24-2010, 09:55 AM  
Harmless
Nereid Rising, although mules perhaps may not count. I just had to suggest it.
Snow White's lesser known and slightly ...darker sister
A 'mule'
Old Posted 09-24-2010, 10:15 AM  
Mother Ship
Default   #9  
I just had to comment to you that I loved the story of Snow White and Rose Red when I was young. :)
Old Posted 09-24-2010, 06:15 PM  
Resident ghost caracal
-wanders in and ponders if Behemoth has been anywhere near the Trisphee world recently-

|~ Status:

Old Posted 10-04-2010, 04:17 PM  
Mother Ship
Default   #11  
I hope he announces any winners for the naming.
Old Posted 10-04-2010, 08:17 PM  
Wanderer
Blue Moon? XD
I'm lame, I know.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 10-04-2010, 08:22 PM  
*twitch*
Default   #13  
Humanoids! Regretfully, I missed much of your holiday festivities, having found myself need down below in the ocean, but I am glad to inform you that you and your naming suggestions have been most helpful to me and my fish in the naming process.

My fish and I have decided that Debess is a very good name for a fish in love with the moon, because it requires a great deal of time spent in the sky. That is nearly unheard of in aquatic species, but love makes many species act in strange ways. For instance, I have heard rumours of a human holiday in which courting is done by exchanging flowers and chocolate! Such a curiosity is rarely found down below, where we prefer to impress others with shows of bright colours and the occasional duel to the death.

I will give gifts of brightly shining coins to the humanoid known as Sadrain. While I do not understand the attraction that you land dwellers have towards metals, I accept your quirks and recognize their place in your culture. May you continue to take oxygen into your lungs for many years!
Last edited by Behemoth; 10-04-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Old Posted 10-04-2010, 11:40 PM  
Psych
>.> I love the introduction.
Anyways, how about Hydra.
Old Posted 10-04-2010, 11:55 PM  
Resident ghost caracal
Default   #15  
Humanoid? Why do you call me so, when I am clearly a feline? I do thank you for your gift, though, and I am glad to hear your fish found a name that it felt fitting and feel honored that it was my suggestion.

|~ Status:

Old Posted 10-05-2010, 07:47 AM