Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Psych
Default A question regarding Social Groups.   #1  
I was browsing the social groups today, and I started thinking about creating one. This raised a question, though. The space I want to create is one where I think privacy should be assured for members as some of my target demographic likely wouldn't be comfortable without it. So, does Invite Only mean that the members list and any open discussions can only be viewed by the members of the group, or does it just mean that joining the group to participate in discussions is invite only but anyone can see the member list and discussions as they happen? If Invite Only doesn't close off the member list and discussions, is there a way to do that currently or planned in the future?

Let Us All Unite Autotune remix by Melodysheep
Old Posted 11-24-2012, 11:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Invite Only does prevent non-members from viewing the discussions but I'm not certain about the member list. I can't tell right now because administrator accounts can see everything anyway. ^^()
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-25-2012, 12:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #3  
From what I just tested with my mule, you can still see a group's memberslist even if you're not a part of that group, even if that group is set to invite-only.

EDIT: I cannot say anything about future plans for the social groups, but it is definitely a suggestion that we'll keep in mind during any future additions down the road.

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Trisphee Site Rules | Sei's Hideout
Last edited by Sei; 11-25-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old Posted 11-25-2012, 12:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Good to know about the discussions. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. :D

Edit: Ah, thank you, Sei. So, new question, are there any plans to make it so groups are able to hide member lists?

Old Posted 11-25-2012, 12:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #5  
Right not I do not believe that social groups are high on the list. We have a few more pressing issues to resolve and features to add before then. However, that is not to say that we're not listening to suggestions for down the road. It's definitely a good one for a future addition, whenever we can get to it. :3

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Trisphee Site Rules | Sei's Hideout
Old Posted 11-25-2012, 12:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Priorities, I completely understand. Well, thanks again. :D

Old Posted 11-25-2012, 01:11 AM Reply With Quote