Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It's over 9000!
Default   #17  
"No, its alright, just didn't think I'd draw any attention considering I'm playing so poorly. I'm completely out of practice, I'm letting my emotions control me too much, and my hands are cramping horribly. But I just had to get that out. People some days just really tick me off and I haven't had a good vent in a while and just had to find a piano." A bit nervous with Vincent being there he tries to cover it up by massaging his hands some since they were a bit sore from the unusual use he was putting them through. After doing that for a bit he stretches his fingers by spreading them apart as much as possible, small snapping sounds audible from the pressure in the joints being relieved.

"If you want I could play a song for you, as long as I know the piano piece anyways. I haven't looked at a music score in ages, I feel out of touch in a way." He sighs a bit, a bit frustrated that he's playing so poorly. Don might have been a genius at playing as a kid, but he could tell how bad he was doing from lack of practice, even if most people probably wouldn't be able to tell. "Oh, by the way, there's apparently different mathematical equations that have been discovered in notable pieces, whether it was by chance or not I don't know, but for a math degree that class is required and figured it would expand my horizon."

Old Posted 01-09-2015, 12:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Vincent tilts his head a bit. "Well, I still think it sounded good, it definitely sounded better than me at least." He says smiling a bit. "And sometimes, emotions put into it....well, it can make it sound better." He shrugs a bit. "I think it's a good way to vent." He used to do something similar when he used to have a guitar. "How long has it been since you've played?" He asks.

"Ah, I just came up here to listen, so if you want to play play something, if not...that's fine too." He doesn't want to Don to feel like he's trying to force him. "Well, that kind of makes since with the golden ratio, maybe it applies to music too?" He has no clue.
Old Posted 01-09-2015, 12:26 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #19  
Positioning his hands over the keys, Don takes a relaxing breath and begins to play a more soothing song. "This one is pretty soothing, I would play this for my parents a lot when they were home, which wasn't often and they usually didn't have much time." While talking he plays the song several times since its a short one, going from the end into the beginning again smoothly. "And yes, the Golden Ratio is one, but I believe there was also the Fibonacci Sequence as well that some songs were following along that. Though after a number, thirteen I think it was, it would basically repeat from the beginning again." Quiet for a moment as he plays, he debates whether to actually tell Vincent or not, and sighs mentally and decides to just go ahead.

"I haven't played since my last competition when I was about twelve, and the reason why I stopped playing was because I got into a fight with some of my classmates and hurt my hand. It was only a scrap, but I wasn't allowed to stretch my hand like when I played because then because it would slow down the healing process with constantly breaking the scab. That was actually when people started making me mad to be honest. Bullies don't normally get caught and have their behavior corrected mostly because the victim is too scared of them to tell or doesn't believe an authorize figure can help them for whatever reason. So I took things into my own hands. And since you mentioned playing an instrument, what was it you used to play?"

Old Posted 01-09-2015, 01:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Vincent just moves and sits nearby, smiling a bit. Music makes him happy. Especially when other people are enjoying it too, whether they're playing it or just listening to someone else playing it. He frowns a bit. "Why weren't they home?" He asks. His parents were never there, but they were literally never there. He doesn't know if they're alive or anything...and he can't find it in himself to care. They didn't take care of him so he has no real connection to them. He chuckles a bit. "You know a lot about this?" He at least feels like Don does.

"Why'd you get into a fight?" He has to ask. He doesn't fight, mainly because he doesn't see the point, at least for himself. "Why didn't you go back to playing when you were healed?" He's curious, but if Don doesn't want to say, he'll leave it be. "Or it just isn't worth it...plenty of times, if you tell someone, it just gets worse." He says, having had it happen to him a few times before. "Used to play guitar...someone at a home taught me it."
Old Posted 01-09-2015, 01:26 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #21  
He continues to play the piano for a few moments before finally answering, "My mother is the Dean of the college and is always busy, my dad is a popular local artist so he goes out playing and doing tours a lot, so they were just not home often. Mostly only home for the holidays really. I know they love me, they spoiled me a lot as a kid, but I was always sad seeing them go. They would always come to my recitals, which at times did cause complications with their schedules. They would at least try to come just to watch me and then leave, so I was usually with my nanny a lot, and she would always have me play for her. As for the mathematical equations, not as much as I'd like to know, and I could take the class that talks about it in more detail, but the professor that teaches it couldn't do the class this semester because one of the other professors had a baby last semester." Tired of playing the song he switches to 'Mary had a Little Lamb' and plays that several times over while talking before answering the last part.

"I had seen those boys picking on another boy, the kid was just minding his own business with his assignment when the other students took it and ripped it up. The boy was a little better than me grade wise, so I think he might have been picked on for being a 'teacher's pet' and it just made me mad because the kid had worked so hard to get a good grade on it. Next thing I know I'm punching the kid. My mind just kind fo goes blank when that sort of thing happens and I act without thinking, so I usually got into trouble. But as I entered high school the sports guys thought that was pretty cool of me, even though some of them had once done those things I beat people up over. Probably had something to do with my explanation to them. I don't remember exactly what I said, but it was along the lines of 'no one has the right to take away a person's happiness by bullying them since I wouldn't like someone doing that to me.'"

"As for why I stopped playing I had been banned from competitions for a while because of the fight, and since my parents ever really listened to me play when it was a recital it just didn't feel as exciting anymore." Coming to the song of the song again he finishes it and stops playing. "Guitars are interesting since there are so many different types, and they can make their own unique sound based on how they are made, who's playing it and how they are playing it. Maybe we should get together some time and play together, which would make for an interesting combination to be honest." Smiling he laughs a bit, trying to think of a good way to mix a guitar and a piano together.

Old Posted 01-09-2015, 02:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Vincent frowns a bit. "That's kind of sad though...you all not getting to spend time together." Which is funny in a way, he never knew his parents and he doesn't consider that sad, but that Don knows his parents and didn't get to spend time with them? Sad. Very sad. "But it's good they tried to go and everything, even if they had to leave right after." His foster parents didn't come to anything he did, but he couldn't blame them. Usually whatever family he was with had other foster children, and they couldn't just leave them alone. "Maybe you can take it some other time." He says simply, smiling a bit when he changes to MAry had a Little Lamb.

"People are dicks." He says simply. "Remember that. That way if you meet one that isn't a dick, it'll be a pleasant surprise." Of course, even though he says that people are dicks, he'll still try to be friends as long as they're willing to try. "People seem to bully because they're unhappy about something, like a lack of power or something. Or in rare cases, because they like the person and won't just say it like a normal person." He shrugs a bit.

"But the fight wasn't during a competition or anything." He frowns a bit. "I would've gave you a second chance...a second fight would've gotten you banned for awhile." He says shrugging a bit. "I played guitar because I liked it...so no real recital like things for me." He says simply. He didn't learn to get attention or anything, he learned, well, because someone offered and he found he liked it. "I would love to, but I don't have a guitar anymore."
Old Posted 01-09-2015, 02:16 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #23  
Smiling happily, Don stops playing, "Yeah, it was always nice to see them. Before I'd sit down at the piano I would look for them, and spot them near the exit. So even if I didn't get to see them much I wasn't sad, just a bit lonely is all. Because of all the practice and recitals I didn't really get to make many friends, and let's just say the other kids that competed didn't really like me." He laughs a bit nervously, a little embarrassed by how his playing abilities made him enemies.

"Oh, I know they are, which is why I get ticked off. When I do see a nice person though I'm not surprised but rather happy. Unfortunately for me because of this issue I have people tend to get scared of me easily, even if they've done nothing wrong. I guess that's what happens when you get violent with bullies." Spacing out while looking at the keys he does Do Re Me on the piano.

"And no, the fight wasn't at a competition, it was at the private school I went to that I also took my piano lessons at." He avoids looking at Vincent's reaction, expect a surprised reaction. "Anyways, I have several different instruments in the practice room back home if you's like to take a look some time."

Old Posted 01-09-2015, 11:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Vincent smiles a bit. Even though he does he best to act and try to feel like it doesn't matter, it does hurt that his parents wanted nothing to do with him or anything...and foster parents, well, they had to spread themselves among multiple children. And he was a relatively good child so they focused on the not as well behaved ones. They needed the attention more. "At least they tried.." He wishes he had someone like that back then, but too late now. "Eh, people shouldn't get jealous of each other, they're better than others in different ways, even if no one sees it."

He just nods a bit. "Well, unless they know the bullies are bullies, unless they know the reason for the fight, they will be like that." He shrugs a bit. "Maybe you should put yourself out there more or something?" It's a suggestion.

"Private school? I hear kids there can be even more dickish than the ones at the private schools. What's it like at a private school anyway?" He just hears how brand named things matter more since everyone can afford it comparitively to those in public schools. "Back home? Where's that?" He doesn't know if he wants to go there.
Old Posted 01-09-2015, 01:25 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #25  
"Well, in private school you're separated by how well you do grade wise, and you can tell the difference. In the classes that don't do as well the students are...very unfocused in what they are supposed to do. While in the classes with the better grades for the most part the students were well behaved, besides those getting jealous of one another anyways. And of course we all wear uniforms, but that didn't really mater when it came to money. Some private schools offer scholarship programs but you'd have to check you're area for that." He closes up the piano, standing and stretching his arms.

"I've tried reaching out before but its usually apparent when people don't want to talk to me, so I've just given up. As for where my house is, about a thirty minutes drive from here, on the edge of the woods near the Rangers station for the woods. We have one of those wave emitting fences that deters wild life from roaming onto the property, and there's a lot of windows in the hallways and rooms like the living room. We do have a couple of guard dogs too, so you'll have to let me handle introducing you to them."

Old Posted 01-09-2015, 02:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Vincent tilts his head a bit as Don talks. "I kind of wish public schools were like that....so those who need more attention get it...and the smarter ones aren't sitting there bored as hell not wanting to do any of the work because they know it already." In some classes, he did need some help, but in most? He was good. "They need to realize that school isn't a competition. Do your best and figure out what you like and what you're good at." That matters more in life.

"That's true, but there's probably been a person or two who would've liked to try and be your friend, but they were intimidated or something of the like." He frowns a bit at how far away the house is. "I don't know if I'd even have a way there...." He says. "I'm usually good with animals, but none of them have been guard dogs."
Old Posted 01-09-2015, 03:21 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #27  
"Well, I could always give you a lift. My car is not fancy since I bought it myself, and it has some school stuff thrown in the back seat, but I wouldn't have a problem taking you there. Is there anyone you need to call first before you go over? I know sometimes parents can be over protective with their kids. And if that's the case then Wolfie and Bobbie should like you, just don't make sudden movements because they are part wolf." Grabbing his bag he slings it on his shoulder. "Though its a bit of a trek to get to the parking lot I parked in, didn't think I'd be coming to this side of campus to be honest."

Old Posted 01-09-2015, 03:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
"I don't care about fancy cars...all cars are good as long as they work." Vincent says, it's that simple to him really. He shakes his head. "Nah, no one to call, no one's waiting on me anyway." He says simply. "Part wolf?" He asks. "Hope you all actually looked up things and stuff...cause some people don't and then their precious pets end up killing them instead." He's watched a couple of shows where that happened. "I walk here from my place, believe me, any parking lot is closer than that."
Old Posted 01-09-2015, 04:11 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #29  
Don chuckles at Vincent's comment, "We own three acres of land, two acres is used for hiking with them. They have free run of where they want to go on the property, and they have deterred plenty of people trying to break in as is. We've trained them to only lam a person or animal, not to kill, which took a LOT of training. We even have signs posted along the property warning people that our guard dogs will bite. As for the walled off area where they usually roam, that's the other acre around the house with a low wall. They wear e-collars that vibrate to tell them not to go over it. My parents also made sure to inform local authorities that these pups were meant to be guard dogs and that they've been fully trained and certified to do such, but just like any dog if they attack them we can't promise they won't have scars. The Rangers and Police are fine with it, they've even tested them themselves and are satisfied with what we've done." He leads Vincent to the parking lot and to his dark green Saturn Ion. "You can just toss you're stuff into the back seat." Opening the door on his side he does that himself, his bag landing on a pile of music and math text books. In the pile are books from Calculus I through Advance Calculus, some other random math books of lower levels, and music books of historical musicians.

Old Posted 01-09-2015, 05:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Vincent smiles a bit. "Damn...I mean, I know you went to a private school and all, but damn. How much money do you all have? You're almost sounding like Bill Gates to me over here." He couldn't help but say it. Owning stuff like that is beyond his realm of comprehension. "Well, I don't want to know how you trained them, but that's a good thing to do..." If they kill a mentally challenged kid who just wandered there somehow, that would be bad. He nods a bit, to show he's still listening. He just gets in the car, putting his stuff in the back as he does. "So, do you keep a library in your car?" He asks, smiling a bit. He doesn't have a car. But he doesn't know if he'd have that many books in the back. He's kind of poking at them, looking at them a bit.
Old Posted 01-09-2015, 11:28 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #31  
"Most of that was inherited actually, my mother was an only child and her aunt and uncle didn't have kids. They had a small business that they made a big profit from, you know about sprinklers right? My uncle invented the newer version that most people use now, the ones with the patterns and stuff. So when they both passed they left everything to my mom since they didn't have kids. The house itself has only five rooms besides a living room, kitchen and two full baths. Just the music room it the biggest and we also use solar energy, my mom is all over being energy efficient and everything. So we actually get money back from the town for the energy my family gets since we don't use most of them. She even had all the lights recently changed to LED bulbs because they use less energy and everything. At times it can be rough having to put up with it but I know she has good intentions." When Vincent says something about the books, he covers up his embarrassment by clearing his throat, focusing on the road a bit before replying.

"I like to keep my books to look back over them, though I haven't made a spot in my room yet, I might make a bookshelf out of some wood. The local home improvement store carries a lot of pre-cut wood and I can just ask them to cut it down if need be. Then all I have to do is nail it together after sanding and I'll have a new bookshelf. Though I don't know if I want to stain it or paint it yet, both would help preserve the wood after all." Finally they reach his house, the gate doors swinging open when the car come near. He pulls up to the three car garage, the solar panels on them shining in the sun light. Loud barking could be heard from the garage entrance as to large wolf looking dogs wait there and growl at the car.

Old Posted 01-09-2015, 11:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
"Well, that's kind of lucky I guess? For her at least." Vincent isn't sure of what to say at this point. His parents abandoned him, so maybe it's better those two didn't have kids. Or maybe they would've been awesome parents and everything and they just didn't get the chance. Sometimes he thinks too much into things and everything. "I can understand that, though for me it would be more I want to be self sufficient and not have to worry about someone else messing up my stuff." Now that he has his own property, he is a bit protective of it.

"Ah okay....you do know you can get a bookshelf for cheap at stores....or get a computer desk that has some built in. I always like those." It's the multiple use thing that he likes."Well, on staining or painting, it depends on your room, and whether you want it to match or draw attention." He likes colors, though his place doesn't reflect it really. He just takes what he can get to use. "This place looks gigantic." He states when he sees the house. "Big puppies!" He kind of squeals like a little kid. He likes animals, especially if they just want to be petted and loved on, though he isn't stupid enough to try that with these dogs.
Old Posted 01-10-2015, 03:27 AM Reply With Quote