Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Đıνıηε ıςοηοςļαѕτ
Question Color BBCode and "Wishlist"   #1  
I hope that I'm posting this in the right place... I'm not supposed to be posting suggestions in the actual suggestion thread, am I?

I also skimmed through the first page of posts on the suggestions thread and didn't really notice anything that mentioned things like this... so, would it ever be possible to implement something like a designated forum text color for users? Like, in the settings, you could set what you want your primary text color to be on the forums, so you wouldn't have to set the color code every time you want to make a post.

>inb4 that's just lazy d00d

Another thing is... I don't know if Trisphee already has this, and I've looked around a bit and haven't seen anything like it, nor have I seen any suggestions on it (though I can assume it's been suggested before)... what about a wishlist system for Trisphee? Something where you can look through items you want in the shop and then "save" for later, specifically for when you have enough aurums to buy them, then the item will disappear from the wishlist after you've bought it (or perhaps you can manually delete it from the list instead).
Old Posted 11-03-2012, 01:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
It's on the list already, just... way down the list. We've got a number of other shop-related things that have to be done before we can add a wishlist.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-03-2012, 02:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Đıνıηε ıςοηοςļαѕτ
Default   #3  
I thought so... I noticed that the "making one item with all the colors with it" suggestion was the very first thing in the suggestion thread. Does that mean that's probably going to be the very first thing that gets worked on shop-wise? And I'm still curious, but what about the forum text thing? May that be too small or unneeded of a Trisphee addition?
Old Posted 11-03-2012, 02:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
That's on the list too, except it's actually going to be more than just colors. The intent is to allow you to specify formatting codes that automatically get added to the beginning and end of all of your posts; this will make aurum payouts more fair and allow users who want a less cluttered forum experience to turn the feature's visibility off.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-03-2012, 02:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Đıνıηε ıςοηοςļαѕτ
Default   #5  
That's pretty cool, I can't wait until that's implemented - and I'm also wondering (I'm majoring in Computer Science in the Programming field, though I haven't had much experience with actually programming stuff like websites), how long does it typically take for something to get newly implemented to the site? I know it'd vary from thing to thing, but just approximately, how long does it take, and does it take, like, one or more people to work on the average addition?

I think I'm too curious a person.
Old Posted 11-03-2012, 02:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Heh, I'm not going to answer that one. ^^() Trisphee isn't a typical project. It's primarily a labor of love and its development and production are done by the staff whenever we can find time to work it in. So it's hard to give any sort of useful estimate on how long any given feature takes until we actually get started on it. (Once we're started on it, coming up with an internal estimate isn't too bad, because by then we know what we want to do and who's working on it.)

Old Posted 11-03-2012, 03:21 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
bbcode, color, shops, wishlist