Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In
Closed Thread

Manners
Default   #65  
This mysterious Calico cat, flicked her tail as she walked; a tiny hint of the scent of another cat caught her attention. It wasn't enough to be alarmed, however, so she didn't think anything of it. The smell was fresh, but far.

As she neared a slightly opened window, however, the scent thickened, and she raised her nose to the smell. Just before she saw the two cats spying on her, she heard a loud crash of some metallic objects from inside the door she was standing next to. She leapt a foot into the air and skidded off the sidewalk and into the road. Staring at the door with her back arched in terror, she didn't notice the delivery courier headed in her direction.

((Not quite positive about time zone here, I figured "Delivery Courier" was pretty time-zone independent.))
Leaving Forever
Old Posted 05-21-2011, 10:28 PM  
We're all mad here.
(not prob, though if I read things right, Quintus was already out the window and Mirri appeared a few seconds after.)
Old Posted 05-22-2011, 12:31 AM  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #67  
Rin slowly stood up and wobbled around trying to get her barrings. "Ow.." She haunched down then shook herself out to get rid of the dizziness that plagued her.

After the world stopped spinning she looked up at the spot in the window where felines were jumping out. Leaving her bell, and attacker where they were she slowly climbed up to see what they were doing.

Outside was a calico in the street, back arched and ready for an attack. Not far from the cat was a vehicle headed towards the feline. "Is she gonna fight the metal monster? It's gonna squish her!" Her eyes had a small look of terror in them as she watched.

((I thought he opened the window and was looking out @-@ ))

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Last edited by Demonskid; 05-22-2011 at 03:08 AM.
Old Posted 05-22-2011, 12:32 AM  
Posty McPostsALot
((No, I jumped out the window already XD ))
The sound of the bell, inside, scarred of the Calico cat into the street before Quintus could even touch the ground.
"Blasted cats!" Quintus thought, in anger. That anger, however, quickly turned into fear when a Delivery Courier Truck was heading directly towards the Calico cat.
Images flashed before Quintus' eyes ending with the death of one who he found to be truly beautiful, a cat among cats. There was no Eccentric to save her and without so much as a thought, he rushed towards the sidewalk, and in turn the street. Knowing that he couldn't possibly make it in time, he did the one thing a cat could do.
"MOVE!!!" he screeched, hoping that the words, if not the tone, would get her out of the way of what would be certain doom.
Old Posted 05-22-2011, 12:56 AM  
Wanderer
Default   #69  
Ciaran was out the window before Quintus even heard anything; with a snarl, he made a mad dash towards the strange cat, shouldering her and sending her tumbling towards the other side of the street. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the the metal monster a mere few taillengths away, pushed off the sour-smelling black ground with one leg, and careened straight into a streetlight.

He could've sworn he saw stars. And the monster had passed so closely that he had felt the breeze on his tail.

On the same side of the street as the strange cat now, Ciaran would later be embarrassed to find that he had passed straight out.

((Yeah, go ahead and do whatever you want with him while he's out cold; I might be gone for a bit.))
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-22-2011, 01:34 AM  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Frightened by the site in front of her she had curled up into a ball, eyes closed tight and her paws over her ears. Rin's nub of a tail vibrated with the rest of her body as it shook. She whimpered, to scared to look to see what happened.

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 05-22-2011, 03:10 AM  
Wanderer
Default   #71  
((...Ciaran is totally not clumsy when he's actually being nice...))
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-22-2011, 03:11 AM  
We're all mad here.
"The calico is fine." Mirri said above the bundled kitten (Rin), having moved in from the window to watch out the door. She didn't look at Rin but kept her eyes on the still form of Ciaran, who was on the walk but she could not tell if he was hit or not.

With a strange cat, a limp one, and Quintus currently the only one outside in the possession of his senses, Mirri hopped back over to the window and slid through the opening, squeezing just a little bit to fit through the space Quintus had left.

She kept her carefull eyes on the road, crossing at a brisk trot when no vehicles were coming and no humans were looking this way.

(writing this now but Rin can still interrupt Mirri if she wants to before she leaves through the window)
Old Posted 05-22-2011, 03:57 AM  
Wanderer
Default   #73  
((-muffling laughter at that first line in the second paragraph-))
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-22-2011, 03:59 AM  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Rin slowly un-balled herself and peeked out the window. The calico was in deed fine but it looked like someone else was hurt. Slowly and shakily she stood up and followed Mirri out the window and across the street. Her short kitten legs doing the best they could to keep up.

"Did he die?" she asked the older cat.

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 05-22-2011, 05:10 AM  
gnometastic
Default   #75  
Having returned to her book Sekhmet had done her best to tune out the various noises her flat-mates were making. Rin was going to find that bell missing if she had much to say.... But when nearly three quarters of the shop went out the window she let out a long suffering sigh.

Feeling a bit of a breeze waft in she nosed into her pile of fur-bits and slid on a ratted grey rabbit cuff. It was a snug fit, but was warmer as it covered most of her upper chest. Leaping quietly to the sill she looked out at the tableau going on in the street. If they needed her they could call, but for now she was going to stay to the high ground.
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 05-22-2011, 10:33 AM  
Posty McPostsALot
As the truck seemed to pass straight through the Calico cat, Quintus' heart skipped a beat. As the truck passed in the other direction, half of Quintus wanted to breath a sigh of relief while the other half wanted to roll on the floor laughing.
The Ciaran was busy seeing stars and continuing towards a state of unconsciousness, and the Calico cat seemed to be safe. "However, she hasn't gotten up yet, so I should check on her first," Quintus thought before looking back at Ciaran. "Ciaran has a hard head. He should be fine."
Looking both ways to check for cars, Quintus crossed the street to examine the Calico cat.
Old Posted 05-22-2011, 08:05 PM  
We're all mad here.
Default   #77  
Mirri immediately frowned upon seeing the little bobtail follow her out the window. Without answering she picked up the little kit by the scruff of the neck and carried her the rest of the way across the street, movign at a slightly faster pace then before. On the other side of the street she met up with Quintus and put Rin down between her front feet, moving forward slightly to sniff at Ciaran's prone form.

"He's not dead," she announced for the kitten's benefit. "We'll bring him back to the shop."

Remaining close to Ciaran, Mirri watched as Quintus approached the calico cat.
Old Posted 05-22-2011, 08:46 PM  
Manners
The events passed by so quickly, it was hard to tell what happened next. The Ragamuffin's ears tilted to the sudden call of another cat, then to the sound of a large truck barreling towards her. Not a second later, a ball of fur pressed hard into her shoulder, throwing her onto the sidewalk on the other side of the street. She let out a surprised gasp and quickly flipped onto her feet, her tail poofed from the adrenaline. She looked at the cat who saved her, an Abbyssinian. Her ear flicked as she stared. Why wasn't he waking? Her heart was pounding; not from the events that occured moments before, but because another cat had risked it's life for her, and if he was dead, how could she repay him? She cautiously leaned down and licked the cat's ear, hoping to wake him. With no response, she raised her head and trembled... He had to be okay...

Her thoughts were broken as she smelled another cat approaching, possibly more. She couldn't tell with the dust in her nose. Looking up, she saw a Russian Blue followed by a Norwegian Forest Cat with a kitten in her jaws. She took a step back, fearing the other cats would think this was her fault. It was, somewhat, but how could she have wanted this?

"I'm sorry," she whimpered, flicking her tail and trying to calm down, so she wouldn't appear as a threat to these possibly aggressive cats. "I don't know what happened; I think he saved me." She mewed quietly. "I didn't mean for this to happen..."

She flicked her ears as she heard the Norwegian say to the kitten that the other cat was alive, and let out a sigh of relief.

((So sorry. :C))
Leaving Forever
Old Posted 05-22-2011, 11:59 PM  
Wanderer
Default   #79  
((That last part was actually reminiscent of my KO-ing myself in an ice-skating rink...Also, how exactly are you going to move Ciaran...? He's heavy as heck.))
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-23-2011, 12:33 AM  
Posty McPostsALot
Quintus stared quaintly at the calico cat, tilting his head as he did. Everything around him seemed silent as the cat he stared at went on to her apologies. "You heard Mirri already, and Ciaran is a tough cat. He'll be fine. Anyhow, what about you? Are you okay?"
"The sigh of relief seems to indicate that our stray cat, here, is fine." Looking to Ciaran and Mirri, Quintus decided to help carry the unconscious cat to prevent anymore cats from the dangers of Delivery Vans.
Old Posted 05-23-2011, 03:04 PM  
Closed Thread