Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In
Closed Thread

gnometastic
Default   #49  
Giving up on identifying the random boxes Sekhmet looked around. "Well, really, all of this is purely academic in nature.... We're quite capable of doing what needs to be done to survive. And now that we've a way out, and the ice-box open two of main concers are taken care of. I think, while I let my dinner digest, I'm going to tackle the tome I pulled out yesterday."

Leaving the kitchen she sauntered back to the room full of books. The one she's started previously was sitting open on a raised mat and had excellent light. She would never admit it, but this one was taxing even her excellent vocabulary. Silly writer this Chaucer, whomever speaks like this?
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 02:44 AM  
We're all mad here.
Mirri nosed around in the fridge, decidely less than satisfied with what she saw. Giving up the inspection she padded over to where Quintus was toying with the window latch and, sitting on a nearby shelf, continued her staring out the window, eyes watching the people as they strode around, the bags they carried, the hats on their heads, the other people they spoke to, every once and a while her eyes spotting someone who would look towards the shop for just a little bit longer than passing glance.

She didn't say as much, but she in part hoped and in part feared that the other men might know about what happened to their Eccentric. She had seen more than enough dead or crippled animals and scratched her share of children's hands that reached roughly for her kits to know that some men were careless and others nasty as angry racoons.

She ignored Quintus, preferring to wait until he asked for help if he needed any.
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 03:04 AM  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #51  
Tiny ears flickered back and forth as small sounds reached them. Sounds of other cats moving around caused tiny blue eyes to open slowly.

On the top shelf of one of the book shelves, a white, brown, and black head peeked over some dusty books. Blue eyes peered out and a little pink nose twitched. Standing up slowly the kitten, known as Rin, wobbled her way over to a small opening she made. Glancing down at the long drop, she shuffled back and let out a small mew. It was a very long way down, and it was a scary sight.

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 05-19-2011, 03:48 AM  
gnometastic
Her ear twitched at a small sound. Normally, has she been fully engrossed in her tome Sekhmet wouldn't have heard it...but this one was taking too much work. Peering up she grumbled as her eyeglasses made the distance blurry. Pawing them off she looked up into the shelves and spotted the tiny bit of fluff all the way up on the shelf that housed The Bard and a few selected contemporaries.

Thankfully, the bookcase was her playground, she knew how to best get up there without any undo effort. A few jumps and a scrabble or two and she was nearly nose to nose with the tiny kit. "Hello there, doing a bit of research on the tragedies?"
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

Old Posted 05-19-2011, 11:27 AM  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #53  
Jinx wiggled his way from underneath the other cat. By the time he was free he realized that the others had already investigated the ice box. He stood in front of its chill no longer interested in it as it stopped posing a challenge. He then took his route back to the window ledge. With an eager wag he continued to watch the Eccentrics below. Most of them had disappeared with the onslaught of aerial water. He then leap from his perch and bounced into the other room where Sekment and Rin where. Sneaking past them Jinx decided to go and investigate the rest of the shop for other things. He didn’t know what he would find but another Eccentric would have been nice. Quietly, jinx made his way up the stairs into the upper parts of the shop where the Eccentric used to call home.
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 12:38 PM  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Rin stared at the sphinx in front of her before replying. "Rin is stuck!" Her small stump of a tail twitched and her fur puffed up for a second. "How does Rin get down?" she questioned the other feline.

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 05-19-2011, 01:31 PM  
Wanderer
Default   #55  
Ciaran was padding softly after Jinx, planning on resuming his stacking of the brown boxes, when he remembered he'd need help. The kit wouldn't help much, he assumed...

He bounded down the stairs to find Rin and Sekhmet on the upper levels of the bookshelf, and clambered up.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 05-19-2011, 08:10 PM  
We're all mad here.
Hearing the noises in the other room and with Quintus apparently having the contraption in hand, Mirri went to investigate. From the floor she looked up to see Sekhment clinging to the bookcase - nothing at all unusual there - and Rin tucked away in a shelf in the very top. That might be something of a feat for the litte kitten.

Sitting on the floor and curling her tail around her toes, Mirri looked up at the pair. "You missed breakfast Rin," she said simply, though there was still the remnants of the cream in the icebox.
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 09:40 PM  
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #57  
Fiddling with the sill and the crank, Quintus worked hard, trying to focus on his task as much as possible until the crank finally stopped falling out of the gap left by the slightly ajar window. He looked back at the busy cats and grinned as much as a cat could saying, "I finally got it. If you guys really want to go outside, we now can do so."
Looking at the cats, Quintus saw that they were also hard at work, as he was a few minutes ago...except they were trying to get Rin down from the ledge, again. "Sigh. Rin, if you don't know how to get down once you get up, why go up in the first place?"
Quintus sighed again as he felt his stomach grumble. "Speaking of breakfast, I didn't have mine either." Quintus jumped from the ledge onto the floor and walked, at a fast pace, towards the icebox to see if he could get anything besides cream, which he had the day before.
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 10:00 PM  
Pocket Demon Ninja
"It's cool and comfy up here!" Rin chirped at Quintus. Rin once again looked down the shelf and wiggled backed up to where she couldn't see. She gave Jinx and Ciaran a small smile. "We go down now, yes?" her small tail stub wiggling.

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 05-19-2011, 10:33 PM  
gnometastic
Default   #59  
"Yes, we go down now." Grabbing the kit's scruff Sekhmet made her way down, careful of the small bundle in her mouth. Setting Rin down she eyed her critically, "I know it's hard to get down, but don't let them yell at you over it. If you get stuck again just call and I'll get you down." Giving Quintus The Look she snorted, "As if you never treed yourself, give the kit a break."

Old Posted 05-20-2011, 12:52 AM  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Rin purred at Sekhmet and gave her a small nuzzle. "Thank you!" she said as she bounded off to find something to do, and to get away from the tempting tall bookshelf.

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 05-20-2011, 01:06 AM  
Manners
Default   #61  
A somewhat young Ragamuffin cat flicked her bushy tail in slight annoyance and sadness as she pawed her way down the nearly-empty street; her paws dusty and weary from traveling far. She sat back on her haunches and licked the front of her chest swiftly before raising her head and watching a couple of birds flip through the air far above. Her stomach rumbled, but she ignored it; as she had done the past couple of days. Her ears suddenly twitched to a new sound, and her head followed. A young child was eagerly stepping up to pet her, and she stood up and let out a small welcoming purr. Her head reached up to greet his hand, and the feeling of him gently stroking her silky fur caused her back to arch up to him. Her tail swished happily and she mewed softly. "Please take me home?" She whimpered softly in her mind.

She longed for the company of a human, a warm lap to lay on, fresh food every night...She'd heard stories about the life from other cats, and it fueled her need. How could a human resist her? She was healthy, young; not quite a kitten but close enough to be able to live a full cat's life with a human...

The little human boy heard a call from somewhere down the street, and he quickly jumped up, scampering away from the sad, disheartened Ragamuffin. The cat let out a sad meow, and continued making her way down the street.
Leaving Forever
Old Posted 05-20-2011, 12:31 PM  
Pocket Demon Ninja
It didn't take Rin long to find something to do. After she wondered away from the bookshelf, she looked everywhere for something to play with. It took her all but ten minutes to find it. A bell. One that used to hang on the shop door, it would jingle to let others know someone has entered or left. The bell was under some stand and it took her a great effort to squeeze under it. Finally being able to reach the round object she batted it out from under the stand then climbed out after it. The chase was on.

Across the dusty floor, gliding over carpets, the bell tinkled and rang as it was pawed, pushed, and batted everywhere. Rin happily chased the silver orb every where it went. Even under counters and chairs.

At one point she nearly got stuck. She lost the bell under a low counter and went after it. She squeezed her head under and found it was far too tight for her. Using her hind legs she pulled her self free before pondering on how to get her bell back.

Looking around the room she saw a thin stick like object with a flat spatula like end. A fly swatter. It was perfect and thin, yet study enough to push the bell out. Dragging the swatter over to the counter, she laid down on her side, grabbing hold of the spatula part, and whacked at the bell. It was hard work considering how small she was but she managed. The handle of the swatter hit the bell dead on, sending it flying out from under the counter and over to a door. The moment the bell was free, Rin was off after it. She didn't realize just how close to the door her bell was, and ran right into it, causing more bells to jingle and one more to fall loose and hit her on the head.

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 05-21-2011, 01:38 AM  
Posty McPostsALot
Default   #63  
OOC: ooo. that's got to hurt
Quintus grinned at Sekhmet's words. The he did tree himself one time but instead of being taken down by Eccentric, who was with the other cats, he had to retrace his steps which took him over an hour. Quintus only got halfway down the tree before Eccentric realized that the fifth cat was even in the tree, and he took him down from the tree after. Quintus made sure that it didn't happen again.
"Huh," Quintus grunted before turning back to the crank. He looked out the window and saw something that he didn't think he would ever see again in his lifetime. His heart began to beat at a dangerous pace as his paws moved on their own, wedging the crank down to move the window up. Fitting his head through the gap, he pulled the window up and followed his heart to what his eyes had seen traveling down the street: a calico cat.
Old Posted 05-21-2011, 12:56 PM  
We're all mad here.
Mirri's eyes followed Quintus as heh squeezed through the window and ran across the street. She perched on the sill, leaning her head down and watching out the bottom of the window. She didn't persue the other cat, however, and instead kept an eye focused on Quintus and an ear focused on the sound of Rin's bell.

Periodically, she made glaces towards the gaps between the houses on either side of the shop, and pondered the forest just beyond them.

(yeah. Mirri is one of those sit and stare cats. Does that a lot.)
Old Posted 05-21-2011, 07:27 PM  
Closed Thread