Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Dragon Reborn
Default Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   #1  
Reckoning comes out tomorrow. I'm buying it. Anyone else? The demo is out, so I guess I can ask what you think of it.
Old Posted 02-06-2012, 11:34 PM Reply With Quote  
The Dragon Reborn
Well, I guess no one else bought it, but you know what? You all should. If you liked Fable at all, than know that this game is everything that Fable should have been. In the short amount of time that I've had it it has become one of my favorite games. There is just soo much to do. And not in a Skyrim way where the world is huge but not very deep. In this game, the world is huge and deep. There is great story and gameplay throughout everything I've seen so far.
Seriously, go play it. It'll be awesome.
Old Posted 02-10-2012, 01:19 AM Reply With Quote  
Professional Monster Hunter
Default   #3  
I acctually have it and its freaking amazing and i agree each area has its own feel and im only about lvl 7 i think >w< its an amazing game so far
Old Posted 02-10-2012, 01:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Wandering Blade
I love it so far as well I watched Obbie play it and immediately than went and got it for my compy. I love's it so far.
Lace and Chains: Hearts Intertwined
Airina's and Renata's Quest Thread

Airina's Auction House: Incogninja
Airina is my GirlFriend <3 Hurt or Mess with her and you pay!
The Lab's Immortal Janitor Pet
Nexess' Immortal Pet

Buying Inventor's Dream

The name is "Renington"
Old Posted 02-11-2012, 11:52 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #5  
I can't say the demo did great things for it. From playing through the demo I got the impression that it was just your average generic RPG. A safe bet sort of thing, it will sell well enough on the whole RPG premise and doesn't have to risk doing anything new.

That's just the demo though, so I'm fully open to anyone changing my mind. I just feel it did a bad job as far as demos go. That along with having to make a stupid EA account just to play a demo.. that's ridiculous.
Old Posted 02-12-2012, 12:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Professional Monster Hunter
I agree with ducky on the EA account thing I really dislike how EA has been doing that as of late but as far as changing your mind well i would reccomend renting it as only you can really choose if you like it or not thats how i go when i think i might like a game but so far this game is amazing i love the look and feel of the game honestly the scenery is really what gets me. Its no Skyrim where every cave is pretty much the same at least they switch it up a bit with plant life as well as one had various magical runes scattered about honestly im likeing it so like i said i woul rent it and see how you like it
Old Posted 02-12-2012, 02:30 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #7  
I don't even like the idea of having to make an account to play a full game, let alone a demo.

The game does look pretty and all, but is there anything actually new or innovative in the game play? Are they stretching the RPG boundaries? I just feel like it's your stock average RPG with a fancy skin on.
Old Posted 02-12-2012, 12:12 PM Reply With Quote  
The Dragon Reborn
I don't understand what you mean by average rpg. There a a ton of different rpg styles. You have turn based like final fantasy, or item based like baldurs gate, or action based like fable. Now if you are asking what it is like, it is very similar to fable except you have a much wider variety and freedom to fighting. There is also a reckoning mode where you can finish enemies off with style andget extra xp.
The greatest thing is that you have the freedom to play however you want. Do you like to use a bow and shoot lightning? You can do it! Do you want to wield a greatsword and throw sharp magic disks? You can do that too! Do you want to be stealthy with twin daggers but have a massive hammer for greater damage? Do it!

Today actual inovation in a game is incredibly rare, and thinking that without it a game isn't going to be fun is going to make you miss out on some awesome games. A game that does something right instead of new can be just as good as a new feature.
Old Posted 02-12-2012, 03:28 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #9  
I have played the demo and I didn't enjoy it, so I think I have my right to be weary of paying money to buy it. To me is simply felt like a lot of there games i have played in the non-strategy or turn based RPG style.
I'm am not saying that i dislike any game that doesn't have any sort of innovation, I'm simply asking if there is anything that the demo didn't present me with that may make me change my mind about it.
Old Posted 02-12-2012, 03:44 PM Reply With Quote  
The Dragon Reborn
I guess that depends on how much of the demo you played. To me, the crafting and fighting mechanics were a win. Those, along with the awesome looking world and depth in the story made it a must buy.
Old Posted 02-12-2012, 03:50 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #11  
I'll admit I didn't get all the way through the demo because of some issues with the game, like entering my inventory and then returning to the game to find only a black screen with the hot bar and minimap on it..
This may have also influenced the negativity I have towards it.

My computer should be able to handle the game fine, nad has no issues with any other games :/
Old Posted 02-13-2012, 02:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Wandering Blade
Um Kyza this thread is about the game Kingdoms of Amalur.
Lace and Chains: Hearts Intertwined
Airina's and Renata's Quest Thread

Airina's Auction House: Incogninja
Airina is my GirlFriend <3 Hurt or Mess with her and you pay!
The Lab's Immortal Janitor Pet
Nexess' Immortal Pet

Buying Inventor's Dream

The name is "Renington"
Old Posted 02-13-2012, 03:56 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #13  
I find the game to be amazing so far.
I have yet to buy it myself but I plan to as soon as I have the money.

Ren, please refrain from mini-modding
"It's in the stars.
It's been written in the scars on our hearts.

Your head is running wild again, my dear.
We still have everythin'.
We're not broken, just bent.
I'll fix it for us.
Our love's enough. "
Old Posted 02-17-2012, 12:55 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I think I may end up buying it. I've been seeing a lot of positive feedback from people who started off with my opinion.
Old Posted 02-17-2012, 03:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Necromancer
Default   #15  
I've watched a lot of people do reviews and walk-threws of this game and I have to say I wouldn't even pyrit it, as much as that pains me to say. I had some high hopes for this game. The world is so pretty, the battle macanics are innovative and fluid, LOVE the crafting! I just lacks a story that grabs me in the way other games do.
Old Posted 03-01-2012, 12:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
I didn't play the demo, but I watched a bit of a LP and decided I'll probably get it when it's about $20.

I do that for most games these days, so..
Old Posted 03-01-2012, 04:30 PM Reply With Quote