Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The King of Hell
Default People are weird.   #1  
For those who don't know me, I'm homeless, so I travel around, my mail goes to my grandma, along with someone elses(in my name).

Today I got my mail after it being piled up for months, and who in the bloody hell sends /USED/ womens clothing to a 17 year old boy??

I got 4 packages, in my name, gmas address, with two ugly shirts, ugly pajama pants, and heavily used sketchers! Nobody knows who the fuck bought them, who the fuck sent them, or really where the fuck they're from some of the labels are hand written, the ones that aren't I can't seem to find an ebay account for.

People are just fuckin weird.
(There's no purchases on my account, nor do I have any money for people to steal, I'm not too worried about ID theft, but it's still fuckin weird.)

Also on IMVU @SaturnineCT if you add me let me know you found me on Trisphee.
Last edited by Satan; 09-05-2017 at 05:34 PM.
Old Posted 09-05-2017, 05:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
that is really weird . . . could you return to sender? XD

Old Posted 09-05-2017, 05:34 PM Reply With Quote  
The King of Hell
Default   #3  
These packages are from June! I was just now able to pick them up.

I also opend them all out of curiosity.
We're just going to put the clothes in a donation box. Possibly throw away the shoes they are really well used (ick)

I just wish I knew who had them sent! It's so fucking weird.

I also got a letter from GameStop saying my card info has been stolen, I don't have a card :D!!
Old Posted 09-05-2017, 06:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
I heard gamestop does things like that to scam people, but yeah, maybe someone thought of playing some bizarre joke on you. Also, wash the clothes first because who knows where they've been.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 09-05-2017, 11:35 PM Reply With Quote  
The King of Hell
Default   #5  
Hmn, maybe they can wash them >_> we don't own a washer.

Gamestop scams people?!? Really D; I didn't know that!

I looked it up some and random packages are comon with scams where they don't want something going to their own house? so they'll send two items at once like a dummy package with cheap shit, then go snag the expensive shit. It just seems kind of odd though, where did they get my name if that's the case.. That house would be a pretty good place to do it though seeing how the UPS leaves shit outside the gate.
Old Posted 09-05-2017, 11:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
That's what I heard, but I mean about calling to say you haven't paid your subscription. Then again, it might have just been that one store and no other stores do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
the galla beast does not create the words that are posted in official capacity. the galla beast merely summons the proper incantations from the void and shares them with the world.
Old Posted 09-06-2017, 05:45 PM Reply With Quote  
The King of Hell
Default   #7  
I looked it up, apparently gamestop had a legit security breach, I've always paid with cash though so I'm confused... and really confused as to how they got my Gmas address, the island doesn't have a game stop for 70 miles.
Old Posted 09-07-2017, 02:16 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
GameStop doesn't do it to scam people. They do it because people got scammed. They're a reputable business and their credit cards are managed by a reputable bank (Comenity).

There ARE fraudsters that will send out notifications like that with fake information for the company, trying to trick you into telling them your personal information by calling the number on the letter -- the number goes to a call center that asks you for information to 'verify' your account and then they use that for identity fraud.

It can be hard to tell the difference between the two. The safest way to deal with it is to ignore the phone number on the mailer and call the number on the back of your card. If you don't actually have an account with them, then look up their customer service phone number somewhere else because it's possible someone took out an account in your name as a way to commit fraud.

The thing with the subscriptions isn't technically a scam, just bad communication. They don't have a good way to tell if your subscription is up-to-date or not, so if you've ever had a subscription ever they contact you just to be sure. It's annoying and possibly a little bit sketchy, but the system works well enough that you shouldn't get double-charged for it -- you ought to get what you pay for.

As for the address... Probably they got an address update notification to tell them that someone already in their system (i.e. you) has a new mailing address and it automatically updated, regardless of where you are relative to a brick-and-mortar store.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 09-07-2017, 04:16 PM Reply With Quote  
The King of Hell
Default   #9  
Ehhh, thank you for the explanation Coda but I understood none of it aha.

I figured out the letter wasn't a scam by looking it up, I don't have a gamestop account though, that's what confuses me, while I've purchesed games before I never gave them a name or address (that I recall) however my moms ex got the same letter so maybe he has something to do with it, who knows, I just ended up with a lot of odd things that day :D
Old Posted 09-07-2017, 06:18 PM Reply With Quote