Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #33  
Maybe I'm picky (I am with everything, after all), but it takes a certain kind of person to be interested in/active on an avatar site like this. I, personally, would want to be careful about the crowd Tris advertises to. Though the inactivity is annoying at times, I like how close-knit of a community it is, and would hate to have it go the way of Gaia.
Old Posted 03-25-2012, 03:58 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
On another note, how good is the Tris server? how much extra traffic is it set to handle?
Old Posted 03-25-2012, 04:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Professional Monster Hunter
Default   #35  
i do have to agree with espy we can reach that goal with out spamming people an do know that all the people i invited to tris are the only ones who would join as well
Old Posted 03-25-2012, 04:08 PM Reply With Quote  
The Elusive Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
That would be true if you bluntly go around on forums asking random people to join. This is why I said friends, and not random people. Do you really think your friends will report you for asking them to come talk to you on another site?
See that's the whole joy of forums and profiles. Everything is public and it can be reported by anyone. It's one thing to do it in Private messages but it's a different story when you do it in a public place where everyone can see it.

And I'm sorry but making friends to just bother them in a private message to join another site is also on off way to me. It's one thing for it to come up in normal conversation or if you are leaving the site for another. But just harassing friends in a private message to join a site is one way to lose those "new friends" because than it just makes it seem like you just wanted to be friends with them to Advertise another website. And to answer your question, some friends might because they want to follow the rules of the site they are on.

Don't get me wrong, I'm good about the "trying to get your friends here". While I don't have many friends I do try to direct the conversation's I have with these friends to some-how get it to the point where the "advertising" part is taken out and it's just a normal none advertising post or comment. But the minute you say "Hey join here" that is advertising.

Also while I see the point of advertising and trying to get more people here. The whole thing is, if there is nothing to keep them here, they wont stay. To be quite truthful, if it wasn't for the item guide showing poses and the fact I can make little animals to help me get those items, I have no clue how interested I would be in trisphee because I'm not a huge poster or a roleplaying person. However since starting a thread for help and moving about the site, I have a new home. But some people may not have the same kind of luck.

One last part. You said something about your referrals and while I do agree with you, 32 referrals is quite a bit of people, but how many have stayed if you know and are active or semi-active posters? I mean it's one thing to get people to join but that's not what you are asking for, you want people to be active or semi-active. So while I do see your referrals it just makes me wonder..

Also Illusion, I am in no way picking on you or anything. I hope it doesn't look that way. I just want to get a better understanding and it also helps with the thread and the site when it comes to this topic.
I disappear at random times, with or without notice because I either am making something to eat (lunch, Dinner) or just got caught up in pixeling some animals. Sorry about that.
** For the next week to two weeks, my random disappearing may also be do to me having to take out our new dog. She is not house trained yet and Hubby isn't home to help.
Old Posted 03-25-2012, 04:08 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #37  
тнє ℓσνє σƒ мαgι¢ ιѕ вєуση∂ ƒσяgσттєη
»·,´·˙(´·˙¸ ¸˙·,)˙·,´•·˙·,¯´·˙·• •·˙·,¯´·˙·•╭☆╯•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•´`·.(`·.¸ ¸.·´).·´`·»

☪ஐﻬ☽ I'm honestly on both sides of this. On the one hand.. getting new
members is a nice idea. More people to talk to.
But on the other hand, where I mostly am.. I agree
with Cupcake. I really don't want Trisphee to turn
into Gaia. I love how small we are and how close
we all are. We all love each other, which is really
nice to be around.

I feel comfortable being here. Like I am completely
accepted and no one will judge me on my oddness if it
comes out. I fell in love with Tris the first day I
joined and I haven't stopped loving her. The items
are beyond gorgeous, especially considering this is
a small site. Everything is just amazing here and I
really don't want to see anything bad to happen here.

I am on other avi sites and I always talk about Tris
to my friends. One in fact joined but she doesn't really
have stable internet so she doesn't come on her that
often. But I won't ever stop talking about Tris to
anyone. I love her too much. So I am trying to promote
it. Just to people I know who are really nice and would
be a good addition to the site.

»·,´·˙(´·˙¸ ¸˙·,)˙·,´•·˙·,¯´·˙·• •·˙·,¯´·˙·•╭☆╯•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•´`·.(`·.¸ ¸.·´).·´`·»
uǝʇʇoƃɹoɟ puoʎǝq sı ɔıƃɐɯ ɟo ǝʌol ǝɥʇ
Old Posted 03-25-2012, 04:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Art Meiser
I would never, ever be ok with people spamming or asking people on other websites. I never have been ok with it and I don't want us to get that reputation.
The Almighty Fen-God
[8:25:15 PM] Galla: o3o ty for amusing my peen obsession
Married to: Galla, Aurelia, Sei, Demonskid, Arrikanez and Ashy.
Batty is My Girlfriend!
Mizzy is my Family.
Belial is my Cookie Monster!

Mon-Mon is my rainbow popsicle!
Chi is my Famiry!

Old Posted 03-25-2012, 04:45 PM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Default   #39  
Honestly, getting people by word of mouth is probably our best option.

No spamming, advertising, or other such things.
When someone asks what you're up to? "Oh, just hanging out on Trisphee, ya know, its a really great site, maybe you should check it out!"

Best course of action, IMO.
Mama bat to a beautiful baby bat <3
Old Posted 03-25-2012, 05:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
I'll stick with my fanfic ouo it's been.. productive ^_^

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 03-25-2012, 05:38 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #41  

☪ஐﻬ☽ I'll keep talking about Tris to my friends on other sites.
Just did awhile ago. Told her I was trying to find
something to do here.

Old Posted 03-25-2012, 05:49 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
well personally i have been on those sites with oodles of posters and money-spenders and i have noticed two things they all have that tris does not, hordes of vile little spammers and a crashed market >>;

you invite the trolls when you do the kinds of things you are proposing and you don't even seem to care you just keep repeating yourself in a manic and sorta creepy way, step back and reevaluate, we want what is best for tris

also i agree with this; http://trisphee.com/forums/showpost....6&postcount=37
Last edited by littl3chocobo; 03-25-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old Posted 03-25-2012, 06:07 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #43  

☪ஐﻬ☽ I hate to say this, but Choco is right.
And the one site I always think of is Gaia and then
Crysandrea seemed to start to turn into a mini gaia
which was one of the many reasons why I left it.

Old Posted 03-25-2012, 06:09 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Ok, let me just evaluate some things here.

We do want more people, but not too many people because we want to be able to maintain a close knit community of people so we feel we know everyone.

Advertising should be maintained by friends, in conversation with them but, but not going around saying "Hey join this site." So we should maintain a word of mouth.

Spamming is a no no, unless it's on domains like Facebook. But a lot of people like to get away from some people on other sites. (I've heard that plenty of times.) And others are already on Trisphee, or aren't interested in this sort of thing. So Facebook would be ok, but we don't want to overdo anything.

Alright now I want to ask some questions

Question 1: How many people would you be comfortable having online daily/at the same time?

Question 2: How do we maintain a hype to have people go out and mention the site to friends?

Question 3: Do you feel OK using Facebook as a use of advertisement? (Sharing, using likes, ect.)

Question 4: Should Trisphee be advertised IRL? (Banners, Cards handed out at conventions, ect.)

Question 5: How do you want Trisphee NOT to turn out like.

Question 6: How do you want Trisphee to turn out like.

Last edited by Illusion; 03-25-2012 at 07:04 PM.
Old Posted 03-25-2012, 06:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #45  
I always wanted to take the Logo thats at the top and put it on a T-shirt or Sweater of some sort and wear it around.. =w= be a walking billboard xD

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 03-25-2012, 07:07 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!

☪ஐﻬ☽ That is an awesome idea DK. You should do
that hehe.

To your questions Illusion~
For question 2... I will constantly talk to my
friends on other sites about Tris. I always bring
it up at least once a day to someone on a few
different sites.
Question 5 is easy. Nothing like Gaia. Or anywhere
near there either.
Question 6. I want Tris to stay close knit like she
is right now. Where everyone is so close and very
helpful. This is site is truly a family.

I'm not really sure what to say about the other
questions. I will have to think about them for awhile.
I would mention Tris on facebook, but the people on
my friends list would never take an interest in
a place like this so I don't want to get embarassed
from them because of it.

Old Posted 03-25-2012, 07:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Professional Monster Hunter
Default   #47  
@Dk thats what i wanted to do at a convention that local in the area
Old Posted 03-25-2012, 07:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
I second DK's idea of a Trisphee shirt! I would gladly pay $15-$20 for a Trisphee shirt!

I mention Trisphee to my friends on campus all the time. They've seen me on Trisphee on the school computers several times, and Maya is one of my real world buddies.

I don't update my Facebook status with Trisphee stuff because my mom and her religious friends are able to see what I post there. Trisphee is one of my few safe havens from them, and I don't want them bugging me here.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 03-25-2012, 08:02 PM Reply With Quote