Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Illusionist
Default   #17  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
That. I've tried it before; most of my friends are too busy.
Well keep doing it, and if you run out of friends, make more. There is nothing bad about making more friends. ;D

Old Posted 03-25-2012, 03:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
.....It's that simple-yet-doesn't-quite-work logic that bugs me a bit. I'm not one to shove sites into friends' faces. Funkie, Stray, and Len are the only ones who've joined, despite my efforts.

No offense and all.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 03-25-2012, 03:30 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #19  
Trust me, just getting one person makes a difference. Especially if you can get that one person to help get more people.

Old Posted 03-25-2012, 03:34 PM Reply With Quote  
The Elusive Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
Do you go on Gaia or any other customizable avatar sites? Go to rally, or their forums and just talk to people. Make friends, and go hey there is this awesome customizable avatar site I go on. You should join.
If they say no just reply "Well I'll love to see your awesomeness on the website."
Or you can simply go to friends profiles and go "Hey here's an awesome avatar site I go on! Go sign up!"
While I do see the point in this, on some sites and this includes gaia. Doing that is against the Terms of Service of the site. Because you are "post advertisements or solicitations of business"
I disappear at random times, with or without notice because I either am making something to eat (lunch, Dinner) or just got caught up in pixeling some animals. Sorry about that.
** For the next week to two weeks, my random disappearing may also be do to me having to take out our new dog. She is not house trained yet and Hubby isn't home to help.
Old Posted 03-25-2012, 03:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #21  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crevan View Post
While I do see the point in this, on some sites and this includes gaia. Doing that is against the Terms of Service of the site. Because you are "post advertisements or solicitations of business"
....That's very true. Was wondering what was wrong with that suggestion, and couldn't word it right.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 03-25-2012, 03:36 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crevan View Post
That would be true if you bluntly go around on forums asking random people to join. This is why I said friends, and not random people. Do you really think your friends will report you for asking them to come talk to you on another site?

Old Posted 03-25-2012, 03:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #23  
If it makes you feel better Illu.. I advertise through my fanfictions when I can get around to updating them. One of them is actually based on Trisphee itself ouo. Its a trisphee/Gundam wing cross over..

^-^ I managed to get Quiet here through that Fanfic hehe

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 03-25-2012, 03:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
It doesn't who it's to, it is still violating the Terms of Service. You aren't supposed to, and frankly it is just annoying. Especially if you don't know the person that well, or just go jumping from one "friend's" page to another posting things like that.
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 03-25-2012, 03:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #25  
Taiki's a genius at bringing people over.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 03-25-2012, 03:42 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
So your saying you can't have a good conversation with a friend and go hey theres this one site, ect?

Old Posted 03-25-2012, 03:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #27  
No you are popping from wall to wall posting the exact same thing to people you don't quite know, it is like a spam-bot, annoying.
Old Posted 03-25-2012, 03:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
I've tried that, Illu. Got quite a few awkward convo endings.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 03-25-2012, 03:49 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #29  
Well I'm not saying to do that xD
I'm glad were talking about this, that way I can post it up in the 2nd post a step by step so we won't have this problem.

@Espy
Really? Never happened to me, last time I did this on Gaia was last year. I was also silly and put it in my signature. (Don't make that mistake.)
And look at my referrals today. Still the same amount, but 30 is quite a bit of people. Especially if they get people also.

Old Posted 03-25-2012, 03:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon of Ice
You have been doing it. I know of at least three cases where you have been randomly posting on peoples walls. It is spam, especially since it is the same things minus a change in the name.
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Old Posted 03-25-2012, 03:52 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #31  
The only people I have on facebook who would be interested in joining Tris are all ready here, so I can't help in that respect. (I got ridiculed in school for my interest in sites like Tris) I literally don't know a single person in 'real life' that would use a site like this.
As for advertising on other sites I use.. I only use one other, and Tris was a way to escape certain people there. I'm not sure I want to take steps that could bring them over here..

Personally I don't think this is the way to go about things.
Old Posted 03-25-2012, 03:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Ok, I think getting to that goal is feasible, but not in to ask-everyone-regardless-of-their-preferences sort of way.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 03-25-2012, 03:55 PM Reply With Quote