Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

A good friend to talk to when things go to hell in a hand basket.
Default Chrismas on Trisphee   #1  
I was thinking since here on Trisphee they don't celebrate earths holidays why not do one that is close to it like I know it's sounds a bit silly like Hogswatchnight(Terry Pratchett's Hogfather). If you don't know what it is here is a brief definition of it:

The first of Ick is Hogswatchday, the Disc's New Year, and the winter solstice from the perspective of Ankh-Morpork. In the Astronomical Year the second midwinter (the year's midway point) is called Crueltide, but due to people using the Agricultural Year this is the same festival.

The 32nd of December, or the day before the New Year, is known as Hogswatchnight; The name is a pun on "hogwash", Hogmanay and Watch Night, and possibly on the ancient holiday of Samhain. Traditionally associated with pig-killing, to ensure there is enough food for the rest of the winter. Many Hogswatch traditions are parodies of those associated with Christmas, including a decorated oak tree in a pot, strings of paper sausages, and, of course, a visit by the Hogfather. Witches do not leave the house on Hogswatchnight more because of tradition than any practical reasons. The witch Nanny Ogg gets around this by simply inviting everyone to her house for the holiday instead.

In the Omnian religion, Hogswatchnight is called the Fast of St Ossory. Omnians celebrate with fasting, prayer meetings, and the exchange of religious pamphlets.

Hogswatch was also a holiday celebrated in The Dark Side of the Sun, a non-Discworld book by Pratchett.

So what do you think?

Please help me on my quest if you can: http://www.trisphee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7606
Old Posted 11-17-2012, 02:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
im all for killing a pig and roasting it over a spit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 11-17-2012, 06:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #3  
Though I think Tris has already established god and holidays. I know for sure that the Nox is one, and that there is an order to the god and hierarchy to the immortals but its been a while since I read the storyline.

It would be interesting to see how something like that would fit into the story line. Alot of the past story events have been some what melancholic and I think I would love to see how a Ryoko stole (Insert hoilday) story xD and you had to go around collecting gifts for orphaned kids on the planet of Quesaria. Something silly and fun to break up the series of serious stories that Trisphee has. I find it interesting that at at least one person dies in each story line outside of the main villain so something funny for the holidays wouldn't be too bad.
Old Posted 11-17-2012, 06:44 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
On the Trisphee Calender December (or whatever the Trisphee name for it is..) has no event (possessively, but it might had been reworked after beta) But it's the month of gift giving and love.

Old Posted 11-17-2012, 08:00 PM Reply With Quote