Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Poconut Overlord
Default Unbridled Paranoia   #1  
Okay so origin of this idea: I was working at walmart in back corner of the store that's crowded and there's never people there. While heading out to the floor I see a piece of paper on the floor with big words stating "RUN" Now what it meant was "put items on this pallet on shelves" Well my brain went another way. I started panicking as the psycho theme played in my head. Fearing someone was get the jump on me and kill me while I was defenseless surrounded by tall pallets and unable to move.

This paranoia that someone is out to get me extends further than that. Does anyone have stories or particular things that they do to ease their mind/ensure that if someone tries to kill them they'll be ready?
Old Posted 04-20-2011, 06:22 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
I keep a gun close at hand...and my house alarm set. I'm usually the most paranoid when I'm at home alone at night. I don't trust people, and I don't like the dark because I can't see what, or who I should say, may be lurking in the shadows. So I'm a little paranoid myself. I think that if I saw something like that I would freak out and call the cops. >.>
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 04-20-2011, 11:10 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Default   #3  
I used to work grave(oh the irony of that title) shift with only one other person. We joked the store had a 'ghost' because you'd see things move from the corner of your eye, but if you turned your head there was nothing. I wasn't too worried about it until the year I watched Resident Evil and then all of a sudden I was FREAKED every time I saw something. It got to be I couldn't get home in the dark without being CONVINCED something was going to come out and eat me. I'm not sure how I moved past it, to this day if I think too hard about it I'll get jumpy again. This is why I like having pets, I know they see/hear/know more than me, so they'll warn me if something isn't right.
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 04-20-2011, 11:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Resistance agent
I have a practice katana in my room. Though I don't really have anything worth stealing so that doesn't bother me.
I find my spiritual wards keep me feeling fine and dandy. Even when signs start looking as if I should be sprinting for the nearest exit.

Old Posted 04-21-2011, 01:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #5  
@Athilea: Finding a sign saying "RUN" at home...yeah I might too. But just as in the movies the phone finds a way to hide in times like that. Or it dies. I keep a bamboo stick. I heard there's a law that you are not responsible for murder if you kill someone within 8 seconds you wake up cause at that point you're all instinct.

@Fey: haha yes I'm exactly like that if I watch anything scary or even think a little on them. My 17 year old brother got Fear 1. I haven't seen it but I know a little about it and what Alma looks like. Tonight I had a dream where she was out to get me and several others. It was a combination of the plot summary I read for "My Soul To Take".

@Taiania: Spiritual Wards?
Old Posted 04-23-2011, 01:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Resistance agent
The spiritual guards that keep the psycho's and ooky spooky stuff well away. :)

Old Posted 04-23-2011, 01:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #7  
Still dont' answer my question pbbt :p
Is it like keeping a bible nearby to ward off demons kind of thing?
Old Posted 04-23-2011, 01:57 PM Reply With Quote