Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Đıνıηε ıςοηοςļαѕτ
Question Auctions and Quests   #1  
I wanted to ask this in the help thread as opposed to writing individual help threads in the separate forums... and this is the help forum after all, so should I just post any and all Trisphee forum-related help questions here?

Anyway, I was wondering... I've explored some of the auction threads in the Auctions forum, and I'm interested, but I'm very confused as to what it is. What exactly is primarily auctioned... an artist's already drawn art? Their artistic talents, like bidding for commissions? Do people auction to have their art bought via file share, or do they send them their actual art or something via mailing address? Are the auctions paid for in any one thing in particular, or are they auctioned for with anything (avatar items, aurums, runes, etc.)? Are they ever paid for with actual money? I'm just completely confused with how auctions actually work.

I'm also confused with how quests work... I've looked at multiple quest threads in the Quests forum, and like auctions, I am completely lost. However, unlike auctions, I have no idea how quests work in the slightest. Just... I don't understand. Do you ask for an item, and people give it to you if you meet a certain requirement of theirs, or? I really need an in-depth explanation on quests. I'm interested in it a lot, though.

I'd be extremely grateful if anyone would take the time to explain auctions and quests for me, please. I'd really like to get more involved in what they are.
Old Posted 11-03-2012, 04:45 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
questing is basically you asking for freebies though some questers offer stipulations like art, having the donator's name added to a list or some other tidbit offered, charities however usually have a requirement to acquire an item/au for an item

generally auctions are for items and art, have not seen anything else for sale though not for real money, at least not on tris and it is /through/ tris
Old Posted 11-03-2012, 04:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Đıνıηε ıςοηοςļαѕτ
Default   #3  
Ohhh, okay, thank you a lot for the information. So, quests are typically freebie giveaways or something, though sometimes with stipulations and such? I'll have to look through some more quest threads to get an even better understanding of how the typical quest works, I suppose.
Old Posted 11-03-2012, 05:28 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
A lot of people prefer to sell things/give things away to people with quests, because they know that user wants the item they're questing to use it, not just resell it.

I used my quest just as a list to keep track of the names of items I want, and what I'd already gotten.

Quest threads also provide you with another place of your own to chat with people and earn aurum together.

Charities are the giveaways, and not all of them are limited to new users only. If you want to get stuff, but don't particularly feel like advertising what you'd like (or even just know yet and want some inventory filler), charities are the way to go.

The difference between quests and charities is that with quests, you ask anyone who looks at your thread to help you without any limits in place and you might very well not get anything more than some conversation. Charities, you ask a very specific group for something, following all the requirements they have in place.

Auctions for art are usually auctioning off a commission slot. If you win, you get to request a piece from the artist, within the rules they have. Usually this work will be posted as an image (or a link to an image) that you have to save to your own computer. Whether the artists accept items, currency, or actual money can all vary. Whether or not they'd be willing to mail a traditionally drawn piece would vary on the artist as well, and many of our artists only work digitally, so there is no physical copy in the first place.

Old Posted 11-03-2012, 05:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Đıνıηε ıςοηοςļαѕτ
Default   #5  
Thank you so much for all of the information, it was all extremely informative. I think I'm pretty good on knowing the difference between quests and auctions and even charities, now. I think I might try to look into all of them because they all seem pretty fascinating.

Also, one more question... besides trading methods, is posting the only way to manually and freely receive aurum on Trisphee?
Old Posted 11-03-2012, 01:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
You can post to get aurum
Sell items to get aurum
or donate to the site to get runes and then sell the runes to get aurum

:3 those are the 3 top methods.. there is a guide around here about aurum making.. i'll dig it up for you ^_^

edit: ermm never mind that guides info was taken down by the original poster ._., sorry

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Last edited by Demonskid; 11-03-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old Posted 11-03-2012, 02:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Đıνıηε ıςοηοςļαѕτ
Default   #7  
Thank you a bunch for the help; I didn't know you could sell runes. ^^ I personally don't have any money, so I can't donate anything at the moment... I may in the future whenever I get a steady income, so now I'm curious - how much aurum can you get for the average rune?
Old Posted 11-03-2012, 02:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
It really depends on what you want to sell them at.

right now prices jump for 3k aurum per 20 runes, to 5k aurum per 20 runes. depends on the seller

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 11-03-2012, 02:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #9  
You can also win Aurum through the Crane Game in the bottom right corner.
It doesn't happen every time, but it pops up every now and again.
It could be anything from 100 Aurum to 1000 Aurum.
You just have to hover over the coins when you see them to see the amount.
Old Posted 11-03-2012, 05:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Đıνıηε ıςοηοςļαѕτ
Demonskid: That's quite a bit of aurum... runes, from what I remember correctly, are about $1 per 10, right?

Pathosis: I had no idea you could get them from Crane Games, too. I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for the aurums, then. I also need to learn to not spend all of my Pandora Tokens in one sitting every time I get them. :I
Old Posted 11-03-2012, 07:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #11  
Yes. 1$ is 10 Runes. :3 the prices bounce up and down depending on how many people are selling runes.

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 11-03-2012, 07:19 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
auctions, bidding, forums, quests