Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

On in to the future
Default Story Circle   #1  
You find yourself sitting around a fire with no memory of how you got there. You are not alone either. there are several others sitting on logs of various sizes around you. Quiet murmuring can be heard as the others try to figure out where they are, and how they got there. No one seems to remember, though. No one can say who brought you to those dark woods.

Suddenly, a soft voice drifts out of the darkness. The voice seems to come from everywhere, and no where, all at once. "Do not be afraid, my children." You feel something brush against your cheek, but when you turn towards it, there's nothing there. "I've brought you here to tell stories from the evening. I will give you the title, and you will create a scary story from that. the one who weaves the best tale shall win a prize."

There is a long stretch of silence before the voice comes again, "The Secret of Susan Wilson. You may begin now."

Prizes
1st place will get 8 boats
2nd will get 6 boats
3rd will get 4 boats
Honorable Mention will get 2 boats.

Rules:
1.) Use the title above as inspiration to come up with a scary story! It can start however you want.
2.) Limit story to 1000 words at the most. It can be shorter, but no longer then that.
3.) You may only enter once, do not use any alts.
4.) The entry must be in by November 7th.
5.) You may post entries in the thread.
Last edited by Athilea Majiri; 10-27-2016 at 08:53 PM.
Old Posted 10-24-2016, 08:19 PM  
On in to the future
Winners!

First

Second

Third

Honorable Mention
Old Posted 10-24-2016, 08:48 PM  
Rebooting....
Default   #3  
What is the end date for this? I'm not sure i can get it in on time.
Old Posted 10-27-2016, 08:06 PM  
On in to the future
Oh, I'll add that to the original post. It's going to run through November 7th.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 10-27-2016, 08:53 PM  
CHEEZBURGER?!
Default   #5  
Once upon a time, there was a seven year old little boy named Tommy. His parents were very busy people, who often forgot to come walk him home from school. One day, Tommy was sitting on a bench outside of the school, crying, when someone spoke to him.
"Why are you crying?" Tommy looked up to see a girl a few years older than him, wearing a plain brown dress, with long blonde curls down her back. She was leaning over, looking down at him crying. He rubbed his eyes and sniffled.
"My mommy and daddy aren't here to walk me home, and I'm not allowed to walk by myself." The girl frowned.
"That's not very nice of them. I'll walk you home, okay?"
"I'm not supposed to go with strangers, either" Tommy replied, wiping the tears from his cheeks with his palms.
"Okay, I'm Susan Wilson. What's your name?" She smiled brightly at him.
"I'm Tommy Jenkins." He replied, slightly confused. "Why?"
"Well, now we're not strangers! So, let's go. Lead the way and I'll walk you home!" Tommy, not sure what else to do, nodded and got down from the bench. He and Susan made small talk about the weather and his school work on his way home. After about ten minutes of walking, they approached his home.
"This is it, Susan. Thank you for walking me home." Tommy said, and turned to go in the door. Just as he was reaching for the handle, the door swung open, his mother standing in the doorway looking stressed. She was facing away from him, talking to his father.
"We forgot about Tommy! I'm going to get him!" She shouted, turning around. She was startled to see Tommy standing on the porch, and her face quickly shifted to anger. "Thomas Jenkins, what have I told you about walking home alone! It's dangerous!" She yelled.
"But Mom, I didn't walk alone. Susan walked me home!" He shouted back at her, gesturing behind him.
"Who is Susan?!" His mother demanded angrily.
"She's right.." Tommy turned around while speaking, to point at Susan, but no one was there. The sidewalks were all empty. Where had she gone in such a short time? Perhaps his mother had scared her and she ran away.. "She was right here! I met her at school. She told me she was Susan Wilson and that we weren't strangers and she would walk me home! Honest!" He insisted. His mother's expression turned to one of confusion and concern.
"Did you say Susan Wilson?" His mother asked him, sounding incredulous.
"Yeah, Mom. Susan Wilson." Tommy replied, confused himself.
"Okay honey, I believe you.. go inside." His mother sounded distracted, but Tommy took advantage of the sudden change and scuttled in the house and up to his room. Later that night, he was sneaking down the stairs to get a glass of water when he heard his mother talking.
"Honey, I don't know what to do. Tommy says Susan Wilson walked him home from school today."
"Susan Wilson?" His father replied, sounding shocked.
"Yes. He swears that's who walked him home. He even described her!" His mother sounded upset. Tommy didn't understand, but sat on the stairs to listen.
"But honey, wasn't little Susan Wilson hit by a car and killed on her way home from school the year before Tommy was born?"
They/them is (are?) my preferred pronoun(s?)
Old Posted 11-02-2016, 04:07 AM  
On in to the future
Awesome, thank you for the entry. I'll read over it in a few.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 11-02-2016, 11:06 AM  
On in to the future
Default   #7  
This is the last day to enter! Only on entry so far. I'm sure we could get at least one more. ^_^
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 11-04-2016, 10:29 PM  
On in to the future
Well, seeing as I only got the one entry, Set gets the grand prize of 8 boats! It's a good story, Set, I did enjoy reading it.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 11-05-2016, 08:53 PM