Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It's over 9000!
Default   #33  
╔═════════════════════════════════╗

(。◕‿◕。) I didn't see it yet, my husband did.
He told me this time round they kept
everything from the book in the movie.
Without taking things out. He also said
that this movie was unbelieveable with
how amazing it was. Better than all
the other movies. Which makes me excited
to see it. Otherwise I don't care much
for HP since she killed my favorite
character in a book >.>;

╚═════════════════════════════════╝
Old Posted 07-23-2011, 09:31 AM Reply With Quote  
writing machine in bad repair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
EDIT: And for Rowling making more books, I doubt it. She went from being poor to being a billionaire. Why would she make more? Even if she made a whole new series that was completely different, it wouldn't have the same luster and fan-base as Harry Potter did.
Writers don't... really work that way. People who love writing don't just "stop" because they've made enough money. Making up stories is something that's constantly going through a writer's head, and considering the large, expansive world that JK Rowling came up with, it's hard to believe she'll just stop thinking about the characters, backstories, etc. After all, she actually came up with an "ending" for each of the characters - who they married, what they ended up doing for a living, children (including the names of said children). When someone is that invested in a story, they're not just going to retire to count their money piles.

Writers don't write for money. They write because that's what they do. It's hard to explain but, just know that there's not a writer out there who thinks, "If I keep writing, I'll get rich!" We pretty much resign ourselves to being poor, and we keep writing anyway - why on earth would any writer stop, just because they made money?

I personally don't know if I'd like more stories in the Harry Potter universe. The whole thing wrapped up pretty nicely, and after all - what would the story be? The Evil Overlord is done with and, as the name suggests, there can only be one "Chosen One", and that was Harry. The story is essentially over, and the rest of England's wizarding world should be at peace.

However, I wouldn't put it past J.K. Rowling to come up with something that I wouldn't even consider, and make it a success.

Old Posted 07-23-2011, 10:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Master Ninja, and Thread Eater of Doom!
Default   #35  
I doubt it will be the end. Movies always seem to get re-released as box sets, sets with 'never before seen footage' and 'extended' versions/director cuts.

So, I would expect these things to come along sometime within the next ten years.
Old Posted 07-23-2011, 03:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
@Saiyouri

They changed some things. Believe me. Not major things, but one thing I wish they had kept the same. Wasn't vital to the story line unless she writes more books then it could possibly become a problem if Harry Potter has any involvement
Last edited by Yokuutsu; 07-25-2011 at 02:54 AM.
Old Posted 07-25-2011, 02:51 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #37  
╔═════════════════════════════════╗

(。◕‿◕。) I'm glad it wasn't big important
things that were changed. Its sad the
series is over but I guess all things
have to come to an end.

╚═════════════════════════════════╝
Old Posted 07-25-2011, 06:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Well, so am I on both of those. Except one thing they changed...it would've been more respectful (for the character's actions) if they didn't, but oh well. At least it wasn't a big disappointment like Prisoner of Azkaban was.
Old Posted 07-25-2011, 11:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Resident Crazy Cat Lady
Default   #39  
Indeed, I wasn't as disappointed with this one as I was with the others, so I'm happy~

( ´ ▽ ` )ノ ★

*:・゚ ✧*:・゚

new comic by pachi.
go check it out. ñ 3ñ
Old Posted 07-25-2011, 02:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Squishy Blob
saw it a few days ago, was soo good! everyone should see it, though apparently they cut good fighting scenes from the book off :| not sure if that is true since i havent read it yet. But if someone can confirm that is true i should read it... :D
Old Posted 07-25-2011, 10:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Aigoo!
Default   #41  
I just got back from watching it it was good but it was shorter then I thought it was going to be.
Old Posted 07-26-2011, 09:21 PM Reply With Quote  
draws the naughty bits
Honestly I was disappointed overall, too many things that were quite important to me were cut or changed and some things were added that were silly and unnecessary.

But there were some things left true that were done amazingly well and some things that were added that made it better. Bit of a mixed bag. XD
But overall it didn't leave me satisfied. However, being what it is and that nothing can change that, I'm definitely glad I saw it and I plan on seeing it again. :3

i won't rot ∙ not this mind and not this heart ∙ i won't rot
Old Posted 07-26-2011, 10:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
Default   #43  
i read the book last year and i knew what was going to happen and who was going to die but yet when i saw it i cried when fred dies :( and other parts in the movie. i cried worse then when i saw titanic, and thats saying alot.
Old Posted 08-06-2011, 12:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Cheeky Monkey
I just saw it for the third time yesterday and I still cried.

-Hiatus-
Leave a message.
Old Posted 08-08-2011, 10:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Kookie Book-obsessed :D
Default   #45  
To be honest this was probably my favorite Harry Potter movie out of all of them, and McGonagall's line, "I've always wanted to use that spell!" was just a memorable event:)
Old Posted 09-24-2011, 02:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokan-jin View Post
To be honest this was probably my favorite Harry Potter movie out of all of them, and McGonagall's line, "I've always wanted to use that spell!" was just a memorable event:)
I also like the convo between Dumbledore and Harry.

Paraphrase go! Since I don't remember it exactly

Is this in my head?

Why of course it is...but that doesn't mean it can't be real.
Old Posted 09-24-2011, 02:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Wild Tiger
Default   #47  
Oh, I was SO disappointed when I saw this movie.
They could have done it so much better. They left out so many important things and canged some REALLY vital stuff, too. It was horrible =(

Some parts were really awesome, but some just ruined the entire movie.
And it was definitely not too long to add some of those scenes. It could have been 20 minutes longer and 100% better. :<

Old Posted 09-24-2011, 11:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Person, what Person?
The special effects were great, the actuall movie not so much. Paraphrasing and leaving out scenes just kind of left me there going like you really did not just cut that out did you? It would probably be better to those who have not read the books.
Puppy to Asami
Gallagher is Nursy~
Broken Muse is my girlfriend
And Ducky is awesome!

Quote:
That is the general nature of things! An equality, a mutal need!

What? To kill and be killed? To love and to feed? That is what you support! There is no equality between the pet and the master.
-Elizabeth & Jason (From The Thirteenth Season)
Old Posted 10-01-2011, 10:23 AM Reply With Quote