Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

isn't that funny
Default weird stuff with trisphee   #1  
there are problems with the user-count on tris and it has been going on for a little while now and i am concerned

users who have been offline for hours, days, weeks, months or years are randomly showing up in the active users rosters at the bottom of the forum tab(clicking on them will show their status and last log-in)

threads are showing 'guests' at all hours even when the threads ought to be empty and there are no registered guests at the guest count section usually matching how many actual users are in the thread

users who are actually in threads are not showing up at the bottom but are in their profiles listed as there and sometimes when this happens posts made by those users are not showing up until several minutes after they are posted

this is happening to other users besides me or so i have been told and i am a little concerned
Old Posted 05-24-2013, 10:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Huh. That is weird. Not sure what would be triggering old users showing up as online. I've not seen it for myself, but if you could catch names and times for me (PM them to me) I could see if there's something going on.

As for the guest count, that's because the front-page guest counter and the thread guest counter are looking at different things. Most of the time, it's going to be search engines -- Baidu in particular is pretty aggressive.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 05-24-2013, 07:12 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #3  
can do, most of it is in the wee hours an hour or two before and after the maintenence though on maintnence related crazy, it may just be me but in the wee hours of the morning sometimes i cannot see the new-posts section(it does not finish loading) unless i go to an actual thread, same if i go to a particular forum that one has been the last couple weeks, actually all of this has been around the same time within the last month or so maybe a little less

it looks to me like some sort of erroneous coding but i could just be crazy since my hacking and this website are two different types of nut entirely
Old Posted 05-24-2013, 07:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
...What the...?
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 12-01-2013, 11:36 AM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Default   #5  
The older users showing up might actually really just be the users, I put out things on Facebook and Twitter every few weeks about what's up with the site, so it might actually be them checking in.

Old Posted 12-01-2013, 07:41 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
except when you go to their accounts the 'last visited' dates are for weeks, months, or even years past
Old Posted 12-01-2013, 10:54 PM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Default   #7  
Ohhh! Ok, I know what your talking about, I had noticed that awhile ago, I can't remember what was discussed about it though.

Though we did know the cause of the user counter at the bottom going bananas! For the most part that counter at the bottom just takes search results into account too and adds them as a guest. I'm pretty sure that's what Coda said when I noticed it going crazy.

Old Posted 12-01-2013, 11:08 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
jeez, that would def explain the stupid numbers there XD
Old Posted 12-01-2013, 11:14 PM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Default   #9  
Yea lol I noticed when the Largest Number of User Online was 777, I went and jabbed Coda and he explained that bit. I'm figuring alot of it is in part because of our social media, like FB and Twitter, people tend to see those things and click them or when someone searches avatar sites those things pop up too.

Old Posted 12-01-2013, 11:18 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
any way to fix it or is it not a priority?
Old Posted 12-02-2013, 12:47 AM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Default   #11  
Coda was looking into it last we talked, might just be a few lines of code he has to take out. It's actually kinda good to have cause it does let us know when we have crawlers on the site to, which are like bot type things that kinda just chill around and lag the site. So it's good to know, so we can deal with it, cause the counter really doesn't effect anyone.

Old Posted 12-02-2013, 12:53 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
here is where i would say jus put in the couple lines to remove them but my fiance already explained that they are beneficial for making the site known to searchengines
Old Posted 12-02-2013, 12:56 AM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Default   #13  
^ He is correct, which is why we're probably going to leave them, they connect us to search engines and allow us to pop up on related searches for things like Forums, Avatars, Pixel art, things of that like, if we remove them we won't show up when people search anymore.

Old Posted 12-02-2013, 12:59 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
yeah, he and i had a fight when i told him to make my site invisible, he said we needed it but i explained that until it is more than a half-coded base-forum it is useless
Old Posted 12-02-2013, 01:13 AM Reply With Quote  
The Mad Scientist
Default   #15  
Nah, it's better to have it Cho, that way even if your not completely set you still show up and people will see it, that way you can get people interested before hand.

Old Posted 12-02-2013, 01:14 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
but noone will be able to join before 2015 unless they are invited personally to be alpha testers and i have pretty much everyone needed for that
Old Posted 12-02-2013, 01:18 AM Reply With Quote