Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #1553  
The research only temporarily motivated me. Now I'm back to just sort of playing randomly when I feel like it. Mainly because of the raid one. I have literally not had the time to do a raid battle in like 5 months. Why do they suddenly think I'll be able to do 2 of them any time soon?
Old Posted 04-12-2018, 08:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Haunted AND the thing that haunts you!
As I mentioned, I don't get riads much where I go even if I had a battle sufficient team which I don't.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 04-12-2018, 08:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1555  
Okay, so ignore my previous rant. Thanks tk the snow mucking up the gps just enough and my boss being gone, raid battle tasks done. Thankfully they don't require that you win the raid.
Old Posted 04-12-2018, 08:28 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I like the research so far. I'm amazed right now because I've had a guy in the local gym for a couple days now. Someone local must be checking in and boosting up everyone now and then, as I saw the hearts fill while I was out walking.

I did the 'great' throw one alright, mostly with easy pokemon.
Old Posted 04-13-2018, 03:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1557  
Nice! People here don't generally bother boosting pokemon on gyms, which sucks. I think my longest streak (not counting the almost 8 days one when it was like 15 below zero so no one was out doing gym battles) has been maybe 32-ish hours.
Old Posted 04-13-2018, 06:36 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
He's still there! 3 days now, and looking quite happy so someone came by again.

Funny how gaming can make life just a little bit more fun. I'm working on a paper right now, and have no plans to go out today, but I'm on a 4 day streak! Can't really justify leaving the house in the rain to go walk to the gym, and I'm not especially inclined to. Enter my sister in law who asks if I can go pick up her niece from school later. Huzzah! A justifiably productive excuse to leave the house and get game points! (and to not stay out too long because she want's to come straight home).
Old Posted 04-13-2018, 07:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1559  
So, I got my first full stamps on the field research....AND THE BIG REWARD WAS A CHANCE TO CATCH MOLTRES AND I GOT IT!
Thankfully those operate like a reward stamp card instead of having to be a streak or I'd have had to start over a few times on getting them.
Old Posted 04-13-2018, 09:15 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
He's still there. Someone is taking care of this gym, I'm too short on berries to do much.
Old Posted 04-14-2018, 06:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #1561  
I've got 3 more 'Great' throws to go before I complete my final throw research assignment.
I completed 'make 3 great throws' and 'make an excellent throw' assignments yesterday when I walked my dogs.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 04-14-2018, 07:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Currently, I've got a "make 20 great throws" one. It's definitely taking a while. Mostly my great throws are sheer random luck because I am usually walking to work and don't have time to stop and take my time aiming.
Old Posted 04-15-2018, 11:56 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #1563  
The gym persists! I'm assuming that someone in there lives in one of the houses next to it. I walked to it today but there was a raid going on so I attempted that (haha, good joke) to get one of my raid ticks.

Walking with my mantine now for some candies to boost him. After walking 72.5k with little Mighty, I have the candies to evolve my arcanine! Huzzah! Not Mighty though, but my higher CP guy that I got later I called Howitzer, and I keep thinking about calling him Howlitzer and I blame Coda for that.
Old Posted 04-15-2018, 07:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I feel like I'm probably strange in that I seldom to never actually bother naming my Pokemon...

There were a ton of people gathered for a raid while I was walking around after work, but I couldn't ask to join because even just the thought made me feel sick, sk I just wandered to hit pokestops a bit, took down a 4th gym, and went home. Hatched a lot of my 2k eggs, although I should have been focusing on my 5k ones in case I was lucky and got a shiny mareep. Forgot about the community day until too late though.
Old Posted 04-15-2018, 09:37 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #1565  
I have no idea what's actually going on in the game. I just load and play.

I name some pokemon, but not all of them. The name usually has something to do with where I caught it, or it comes from a name that pokemon had in a previous game.
Old Posted 04-16-2018, 01:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
When I was younger, I used to name them all when I would play Pokemon games. Generally something lame like "Rocky" for geodude. Stuff like that. But it's just so tedious.
Old Posted 04-16-2018, 01:28 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #1567  
Yeah. I started naming my pokemon but I found i would get annoyed with the names after a while and couldn't always change them, so I just name the ones I feel like now, and only if a name seems to fit.

For instance, "Canuck" I caught on Canada day, "Queen" I caught at a rock concert, "Mighty" is a reference to a reference, and "Howitzer" has a longer explanation than I want to type.

My eevees have names though. Seems weird not to give them one.
Old Posted 04-16-2018, 01:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Currently, I've got a "make 20 great throws" one. It's definitely taking a while. Mostly my great throws are sheer random luck because I am usually walking to work and don't have time to stop and take my time aiming.
Crap, I was looking forward to being done with the throwing research assignments after I reach 10 which I am 3 away from.
I as well get them with sheer luck and considering that most of the playtime I get is when I walk my dogs (which handicaps my aim because I'm not a thumb thrower) even those odds are below average.

To my memory, I've only once bestowed an uncreative nickname even if it was inspired.
It was the Pikachu starter in Yellow, my first game. I felt compelled to name it Zapper because my best friend's was Zappy.
She's the reason I wanted the game in the first place.

Admittedly, sometimes I am less creative than other times due to drawing blanks but I always try and with something satisfactory.
~ Red Rum She Said
Last edited by RedRum; 04-16-2018 at 02:36 AM.
Old Posted 04-16-2018, 01:57 AM Reply With Quote