Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Illusionist
Default   #129  
Coda... I'm not going to lie but that 1st sentence in your reply to me pissed me off beyond relief. This is no event, it's a feature.... Enough said.
And now I hear we get special items from achievements? I'm fine with that as long the special items are permenate not short lengthy event items.

Old Posted 05-19-2011, 11:03 AM  
Developer
It's a feature but it ties directly into the event. I mean, by that argument, the Taskal War battle system was a feature.

And yes, we announced that there would be items -- I said that in the very first post of this thread. Some are temporary as part of this event; some are permanent. Each event that has achievement-based items will also have enough achievements available to let you get them.
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 11:05 AM  
The Illusionist
Default   #131  
No the taskal battle system was part of the event. Do you see it now? That's why it was an event not a feature.
Achievements is something we will have forever, so it's not part of anything. It may be used for events we have but it's not leaving us when the event is over. Hence it's a feature.

Old Posted 05-19-2011, 11:10 AM  
Developer
This is just quibbling semantics. Considering this is a "user appreciation event", I'm pretty sure that giving you guys something that you'll enjoy qualifies as appreciating the users. The RELEASE of the achievement feature IS part of the event, whether you consider the achievement feature itself part of it or not.
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 11:15 AM  
Manners
Default   #133  
I get what Coda is trying to say... It's like unveiling a statue at a carnival. The statue is going to stay forever, but it was part of the festivities at the carnival!
Leaving Forever
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 11:19 AM  
Developer
Yes, exactly! :) Thank you!
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 11:20 AM  
The Illusionist
Default   #135  
Before this becomes a battlefield I'm just going to stop while I'm ahead.
It seems I can't make my point across, and a lack of AN ACTUAL EVENT which I've been hoping for is really pissing me off. I should consider a long break from trisphee right now x.x

Old Posted 05-19-2011, 11:21 AM  
Art Meiser
I really think I need to step in here because things are being thrown around, words put in mouths etc. Just because there are secret achievements we won't tell you about doesn't mean you can't tell others about them. The point of the user appreciation event which as I stated already was a small event to bring out a feature users had been asking for for some time because we appreciate you. The reason there are limited items is because an event is pointless without something to collect for. Also while you may see this as an I will never get all of them. Many of the hidden ones you will get over time through regular posting and each higher level of an achievement gives a higher Amount of Anka tokens. There are currently over 15000 points in achievements in the system. Flat out some of them are impossible to get for awhile especially the achievements worth 1000's of points. But its a permanent system in which you will have plenty of time to collect. I wanted the feature to be out for at least 24 hours to see how you guys do and how many tokens you collect so I can price the limited items fairly. There are a very small SMALL amount of limited token items and all are one pose. The majority of the items are for Aurum not Tokens. Despite people getting upset I did place a lot of thought onto this system and why there would be limited. But I can promise you the normal user should be able to achieve at least 2 event sets through achievements just by posting, Extremely active users will be able to get more than 5-10 sets. On top of the contests and other things we will be bringing out that will have even more tokens to get available and some of these will be things everyone can do.

We didn't have the man power to give every achievement an Icon, not that I don't plan on it. It would be more interesting with icons.
The Almighty Fen-God
[8:25:15 PM] Galla: o3o ty for amusing my peen obsession
Married to: Galla, Aurelia, Sei, Demonskid, Arrikanez and Ashy.
Batty is My Girlfriend!
Mizzy is my Family.
Belial is my Cookie Monster!

Mon-Mon is my rainbow popsicle!
Chi is my Famiry!

Old Posted 05-19-2011, 11:21 AM  
Art Meiser
Default   #137  
Also I am completely fine with a guide since I see it being mentioned.
The Almighty Fen-God
Batty is My Girlfriend!
Mizzy is my Family.

Chi is my Famiry!

Old Posted 05-19-2011, 11:25 AM  
Manners
I'm crazy excited for the silly secret achievements that were mentioned. I love surprises like that. Gotta post moar!

Thanks guys. C:
Leaving Forever
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 11:30 AM  
Art Meiser
Default   #139  
Im going to break my own triple posting rule as well because I wanted to state something else and I wanted you all to see it. (Assuming no one posts between now and then). The reason we are doing a small user appreciation event is because things have been slow, we apologize for that I know we need a big event. You won't be waiting long after our user appreciation event to bring out another event. (something like 2-3 weeks). In which this event is already mostly coded and just needs some tweaks. We wanted to give you this event sooner but beings the amount of work it takes to pixel for two events simultaneously, work on new layouts, work on monthlies, work on EVI's, work on commons, work on story etc it takes a lot. While I know you guys are getting impatient but my pixeling team gets smaller and smaller not bigger and bigger right now. But we are working on having small events every month and the next event is a BIG event. I am sorry if another small event isn't what you wanted to see, but I only have 6 pixelists and only one of those is full time.
The Almighty Fen-God
Batty is My Girlfriend!
Mizzy is my Family.

Chi is my Famiry!

Old Posted 05-19-2011, 11:34 AM  
Morning Star
Sorry people seem to be griping about it already, I personally love it (but I am a person who loves to unlock achievements) I'd like a guide myself, but if things happen and they don't I am fine with that. Like I know on NGs some games show how to get certain achievements but others are hidden to find on your own.
I know you guys put a lot of thought into this, and i thank you so much to do such hard, wonderful work on a small (but still awesome) site like this. :D

Old Posted 05-19-2011, 11:44 AM  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #141  
For what it's worth, I really like the achievement system, and really appreciate all the work you (all the staff) have put into this site.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 11:46 AM  
Snap!
Wow, what a great idea! I am really excited for this now n____n!!!
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 11:56 AM  
Derp
Default   #143  
I really enjoy the achievements, actually.
They're really fun and it's good that you'll be able to use the points you get. ouo
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 11:58 AM  
Art Meiser
Technically speaking you have a point count and an Anka token count. While your anka token count will go down when you buy stuff your achievement points won't.
The Almighty Fen-God
Batty is My Girlfriend!
Mizzy is my Family.

Chi is my Famiry!

Old Posted 05-19-2011, 11:59 AM