Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #1409  
Couldn't you spin the gym to get the pass right before you participate?
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-26-2017, 09:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
if its one a day, and there are 3 gyms and I can only get out there when ever my aunt visits, I'd still need 2 more passes o3o

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 07-26-2017, 09:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #1411  
I mean... I don't guarantee that it's only one raid pass per day, but I only ever have one at a time.
But also, gyms seldom have raid battles occurring at the same time (although I don't know how it is in areas with only a few gyms). But if you get a pass one day and then save it for the next day, you can actually do 2 raid battles by using the raid pass you have, then spinning to get another one after that and using it right away. (I mean, I'm guessing your aunt doesn't visit too often, so it could take some time to get around to using the raid pass if you do the suggested save and use for 2 battles technique, but it could be worth it.)
So even if all three gyms had level 1 raid battles, you could probably only do 2 of them. But really, I don't even do raid battles that often (compared to a lot of people). 1 per week usually depending on my free time, what raid battles (I can only do level 1 and I only need a couple of the pokemon from those) are nearby, and how much battery life my phone has left. And what time of day it is. Late-ish morning to early evening, maybe. Anything between around 9pm to 9am, nope.
And also, depending on your levels, you and your aunt could possibly take down a level 2 raid battle together. (Based on the info that shows after the battle is beaten, I'm guessing you don't even have to be the same team.)
Old Posted 07-26-2017, 08:01 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I only have one raid pass at any given time. I get them from gyms, but unless I think I a shot at a raid, I won't do it. Plus, I not always patient enough to wait for the stupid thing to start.

I used my lucky egg! Alas, what I thought was a close raid was actually in the other gym that I didn't feel like walking to, but I made my 7 day streak evolved a whole pile of pokemon, and got another level and a half. I'm 22 now. I've been holding off on evolving until I had an active lucky egg so I now have Butterfree, Umbreon (I actually looked up this thread on my phone because I couldn't recall the name), Nidorino, Ninorina, Ledian (who reminds me of Megaman for some reason), Ledian's spider buddy whose name I can't remember, Wortortle, Clefable, Parasect, Persian, Poliwhirl, Cloyster, Haunter, Furret, and Xatu. I also picked up a Phanpy (he was taunting me while I had no pokeballs! I hit the stop and walked back to go get him) and another Ryhorn.

I also discovered little sloth-pig thing has feet. If you tap it, it rears up and you can see them. Mine is named Tim-bit.

Is there a hatching event or something going on? I started a 2.0k egg and it switched to 0.7 right away.

My top 6 for cp are now Vaporeon, Kingler, Flareon, Cloyster, Clefable, and Umbreon.

I almost have enough candies for a ninetails but my vulpix isn't very good and they are hard to find around here. I'm wondering if I should wait until I go on another egg spree.
Old Posted 07-27-2017, 04:42 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #1413  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonskid View Post
if its one a day, and there are 3 gyms and I can only get out there when ever my aunt visits, I'd still need 2 more passes o3o
To my knowledge, it's one a day provided you don't already have one, so you could do two raids on one day if you already have one to start, but after you'd be stuck with just the one.

No luck on the evo item front, but I'm not sure how big the pool is. I have an upgrade and now a sun stone. I need a water stone (I think) and whatever slowpoke and polyfroggo use.

I also just noticed that Pika and Pikahat have two separate candy pools. That's a little annoying.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 07-27-2017 at 04:48 AM.
Old Posted 07-27-2017, 04:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Ending today at 5pm PDT is an extended event where you only have to walk 1/3 of the distance to hatch eggs and get candy for your buddy plus you get double exp, candy and stardust for everything too!

Kadering and Quiet are both correct that you an only have one raid pass in your bag at any one time, but if you collect a pass on a previous day then you are able to collect another once it is used. Raid a far and few between and both me and my partner are able able to take on level 3 raids with just the 2 of us.
We are both over level 30 though. Also Articuno legendary raids will be gone after Sunday and will be replaced by Moltres until August 6th and then Zapdos will be available from then until August 13th. Lugia should be available throughout this time at least.

The Pikachus should have the same candy amounts as each other, mine has no problem regarding that. Also it would be a Kings Rock needed to evolve a Slowking or a Politoed.

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Last edited by Awen Moonshine; 07-27-2017 at 05:16 AM.
Old Posted 07-27-2017, 05:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #1415  
The raids here always happen one after another.

It's really not worth it to me.

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 07-27-2017, 12:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
That sucks then... Although if you could get on a gym a few times you'd be able to afford extra raid passes in no time...

We went out yesterday in a last ditch attempt to get an Articuno before they leave today and did a few Legendary raids! My partner got extra lucky and managed to catch 2 Articuno AND a Lugia, I only managed to get the one Articuno but it's a 100% IV one <3 Super happy to have managed to get one before they go ^_^

My Dice Store
Old Posted 07-30-2017, 07:03 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #1417  
I hatched a Pichu! With a hat! It's so cute!

Why is Valor's leader appraising my pokemon?
Old Posted 07-31-2017, 11:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Pichu with the hat is officially one of the cutest things I have ever seen.
Old Posted 07-31-2017, 11:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #1419  
I finally got a Moltres! Now just to wait until I can try for Zapdos ^_^ Plus we aren't far from where a whole bunch of Kangaskhan and Unown are spawning at the moment (part of the Europe event)so hopefully we'll have the time to go and try to capture some of the too ^_^

My Dice Store
Old Posted 08-06-2017, 06:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I am super jealous.

But also have knocked a couple more pokemon off my list. Evolved Porygon2 and Meganium the other day.
Old Posted 08-06-2017, 07:08 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #1421  
Cool.

I made my 100km milestone today. I'm sitting with 2 rare eggs at 9.8 and it's driving me nuts. I can't do a lot of moving about too much because of the ash and such in the air from the forest fires so these last couple of clicks have been a really slow go.
Old Posted 08-06-2017, 07:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quieet Man Cometh View Post
I am super jealous.

But also have knocked a couple more pokemon off my list. Evolved Porygon2 and Meganium the other day.
Who still plays Pokemon GO here?
Last edited by Jenkins; 11-09-2021 at 03:17 PM.
Old Posted 08-11-2017, 03:39 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #1423  
Most people still posting here.
Old Posted 08-11-2017, 03:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Yeah, pretty much all of us that have been posting for at least the last 10 pages, if not longer.
Old Posted 08-11-2017, 04:36 PM Reply With Quote