Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Queen of Typoes
Default   #13569  

i've been lucky - my kids have gotten (and still get) themselves up and off to school when they're supposed to. i don't do 6:45 a.m. very well XD

currently reading: Gone With the Witch by Heather Blake (#25) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-04-2017, 01:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
That would require being able to trust my son to handle a bus ride or a walk to school. I most emphatically cannot do that, due to his disabilities.

Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-04-2017, 01:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #13571  

ah, well, there is that then. what time do you have to be up?

currently reading: Gone With the Witch by Heather Blake (#25) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-04-2017, 01:12 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
My alarm is set for 7, but he usually wakes me up earlier than that. x.x

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-04-2017, 01:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #13573  

my younger daughter starts her day in high school at 7:20. she's not very happy about it,

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-04-2017, 01:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer

I certainly hope by the time my son is in high school that he's sufficiently able to take care of himself reliably. He has all of the requisite SKILLS now, but his ADHD means I can't rely on him to make sure it all gets done or to follow his tasks through to the end without supervision. Fortunately I've got time before I have to worry about that.

When I was in high school, my alarm was set for 5:30 AM so that I could hit the snooze button a couple times in the process of waking up and still have time to get to band practice at 7:00.

Old Posted 01-04-2017, 01:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #13575  

yep, that sounds like my daughter. i'm pretty sure her first alarm is set for 5:30.

she has band every other day, but it's the last period of the day. last year, in 9th grade, she had it first thing in the morning, and this year has decided 'never again' does she want to have band first thing in the morning. she plays flute. =)

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-04-2017, 01:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer

I'm a clarinetist, myself, and marching band practice was before school every day during football season. Concert band practice started at 8 after football season was over.

Old Posted 01-04-2017, 01:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #13577  

She’s in Symphonic Winds, which you have to try out for. All but like 5 kids are in marching band, and she's one that's not. She does theatre, and marching band doesnt allow for anything other than marching band. XD

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-04-2017, 01:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I was in symphonic band for my sophomore through senior years, in addition to marching band. Marching band was a big thing at my school. EVERYONE in band was in the marching band. :P The only way you got out of it is if you were also on the flag team.

Old Posted 01-04-2017, 03:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #13579  

heh, she's one of the few in symphonic winds that's not marching band... but they wear a marching band uniform. she hates the uniform. a LOT.

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-04-2017, 12:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Yeah, I didn't like the uniform either. Way too hot, especially for the last concert of the school year.

Old Posted 01-04-2017, 01:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #13581  

she only has three actual concerts - one in december, and she was 'dying from heat exhaustion' on the stage. there's one in may, and then they play at graduation.

i'm pretty sure not too many people actually like the uniform. XD

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-04-2017, 01:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I didn't so much mind marching in it. I got sweaty, but football season in Kansas gets pretty cold by the end of it. But concerns, where you're performing in a room with hundreds or thousands of warm bodies, while breathing deeply in order to play a wind instrument? Yeah, heat exhaustion sounds familiar.

... geez, that's been a long time ago.

Old Posted 01-04-2017, 01:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #13583  

this year's musical is Pirates of Penzance. she's doing something backstage... costumes, and maybe something else. she really wanted to be assistant stage manager.

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 01-04-2017, 01:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer

My school's drama team didn't do musicals, just stage plays. I was in The Mouse That Roared, You Can't Take It With You, Romeo and Juliet, and... huh. I know I had to have been in another one, but I can't remember what it was anymore.

I did a LOT of musicals with my church growing up. Having a vocal solo when my voice was changing was... tricky. I lost my access to the part's high note in the climax like a week before the performance and I didn't have time to retrain. I've seen a recording of that performance so I know EXACTLY where my voice cracked.

(Honestly I've always wanted to see Pirates of Penzance.)

Old Posted 01-04-2017, 02:43 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
be wary of the coda, damnit toho!, galla did it, teehee