Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #113  
I just feel like I've kinda got nothing that could be developed into a fully fledged story...
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 10-28-2017, 07:41 PM  
Rebooting....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternum View Post
ZenKitty omg I didn't know you write!! I'd have liked to participate this year but I have college + a field immersion to deal with, so I won't be free until mid-December. (Plus the field immersion is in a village, so I'd have to rely on my hotspot...eh.)
What kind of stories do you usually write? And what rough directions are you exploring for your NaNo novel this year?
I write all kinds of things and have used NaNo to explore different genres. So in the 10 years I've done NaNo, I've written an urban fantasy, cozy mystery, chick lit, sci-fi, regular fantasy, a spin off of Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series, a couple of psychological thrillers, a humorous general lit story and attempted a horror novel.

This year I'm using the NaNo theme of superhero and writing the story of a meek and mild woman who rescues a crash landed alien who has superpowers on earth. But when she rescues him she gets some powers of her own and is actually the one who is helping him to do his work. His planet will get interested in Earth and they will have to work together to assure that nothing bad happens and in the end, my MC will own her power and danger will be thwarted.

At least that's the idea right now. I feel so unprepared. I've spent too much time working on getting everything scheduled for our region that I haven't had much time to focus on my novel. I'll be pantsing it this year for the most part. :P

And Trys is right. We have a lot of people who handwrite their novels and then I'll use a Lorem Ipsum word doc to have them upload it on November 30th to validate they wrote all of the words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
I just feel like I've kinda got nothing that could be developed into a fully fledged story...
If you run out of story you could have fun with writing prompts. It's good writing practice. :)
Last edited by ZenKitty; 10-28-2017 at 10:43 PM.
Old Posted 10-28-2017, 10:34 PM  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #115  
lol.... i don't suffer. =)

currently reading: Gone With the Witch by Heather Blake (#25) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-28-2017, 10:58 PM  
Rebooting....
Quote:
Originally Posted by trystan830 View Post
lol.... i don't suffer. =)
I guess the only thing I suffer through is having a blast all month. Tough thing to"suffer" through. LOL
Old Posted 10-28-2017, 11:01 PM  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #117  
i know, right? =)

currently reading: Gone With the Witch by Heather Blake (#25) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-28-2017, 11:15 PM  
Rebooting....
My NaNo is made even more fun coordinating the write ins and seeing how much fun others are having. It becomes a synergy of fun!
Old Posted 10-28-2017, 11:23 PM  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #119  
write-ins are fun! i went to one or two in the past. i'll have to see when and where they are this year to see if i can make them. =)

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-28-2017, 11:38 PM  
Rebooting....
Looks like there are a lot of write ins in your region, Trys. Hopefully you'll be able to make some.

Also - don't forget to activate your novel. You can use the TBD like I did. ;)
Old Posted 10-29-2017, 12:14 AM  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #121  
well. the two MLs have scheduled two so far... which are a fair enough distance from me.

yeah, i'll activate my novel... once i actually start up with it. XD

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-29-2017, 12:26 AM  
Rebooting....
Huh - there were 7 on the Google calendar when I checked, but they are only in two locations. (Spends way too much time on the NaNo website.)

You could always set one up yourself and see if anyone else would like to come. Might make some new NaNo friends that way.
Old Posted 10-29-2017, 12:29 AM  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #123  
oh, there they are - i didn't scroll through. but they're quite a way from me, between 30 and 45 minutes from me. so, yeah.

there's also an intro thread on our forum, and someone else is in my town, maybe we can coordinate something near us. =)

*eyes Zen suspiciously* are you stalking me on the NaNo forum?* XD

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-29-2017, 12:38 AM  
Rebooting....
Quote:
Originally Posted by trystan830 View Post
oh, there they are - i didn't scroll through. but they're quite a way from me, between 30 and 45 minutes from me. so, yeah.

there's also an intro thread on our forum, and someone else is in my town, maybe we can coordinate something near us. =)

*eyes Zen suspiciously* are you stalking me on the NaNo forum?* XD
(Realized before I went to bed last night that might have sounded creepy. Sorry about that.)

I'm interested in what other regions are doing so I follow a boatload of them and check in on others to get ideas for our region. I guess you could say I stalk a lot of regions. :P

This is especially true when I'm looking to travel during October and November to see if there are write ins where I might be going.

Did I mention I practically live on the NaNo site during NaNo Season? ;)
Old Posted 10-29-2017, 08:21 AM  
Writer
Default   #125  
Shh, I was attempting to use reverse psychology on Den. But maybe I'll just spike the food in here with writer's brew and maroon a few plot bunnies on the vegan table.

As you take a bite of the chicken empanada, you notice a strange taste. You have encountered it before - the spice of life, with just the right dash of creativity. While your stomach grumbles, all of a sudden you feel the sudden urge to sit down. The fluffy bunny to your left seems to grin. How can a bunny even grin? "Write!", it whispers. Holy cow. You could've sworn you only grabbed soft drinks from the table, and now... are you halluzinating? A vision forms in front of your eyes, but not of the blurry, alcohol-induced kind. You blink and stare at the novel that hovers in front of you. Your name on the cover. One of these unflattering photos in the back. But before you even got time to furrow your brow, the pages start turning all by themselves - and this is how your story unfolds.
Old Posted 10-29-2017, 10:18 AM  
Rebooting....
Ooo... You should consider doing NaNo Death by Mirrors. That was an awesome scene!
Old Posted 10-29-2017, 10:29 AM  
Writer
Default   #127  
*hides underneath the dinner table*
Old Posted 10-29-2017, 11:20 AM  
Queen of Typoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenKitty View Post
Did I mention I practically live on the NaNo site during NaNo Season? ;)
yeah, you might have mentioned that a time or 20. million. XD

but it makes sense for you to follow a number of regions, including where your friends/writing buddies are. i guess my region shows up in my profile.

@Death - that sounds really good - maybe that's the opening paragraph of you NaNo novel.... you know you want to take that trip down the plot bunny rabbit hole.... XD

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 10-29-2017, 12:14 PM