Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #977  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
If you like them, more power to you -- wear them for comfort! -- but it should be noted that the supposed health-benefit claims that the manufacturer makes have been shown to not hold water, and that a shoe with a proper arch and ankle support and heel padding is better for your feet, ankles, knees, and back.
Yeah, I submitted a claim when they started taking 'em for that... but to be fair, my feet were hurting really bad when I first started wearing them, and over time, the parts of my feet that hurt the worst started feeling better. Likely because they were getting decent support and having a chance to heal in a good alignment instead of wonky like they'd been. (Years ago, my younger brother decided he'd be an ass and stomped on my left foot really hard, and since then, I've always had the part of the foot that he stomped on act up regularly. Nowadays, it's very rare for that part of my foot to act up.)

But yeah, it'd be nice if I could find more comfortable shoes like my fivefingers. I would have loved to have been able to buy a pair of black KSO-style ones, both for winter purposes and for cosplay purposes (Good shoes are CRUCIAL for that. I don't care if the character wears 5 inch spike heels. I refuse to put myself in a situation where I'm limping within an hour of being in costume!), but sadly, the style got discontinued...
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 01-28-2016, 02:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I know how hard it is to find good shoes that fit. >_< I was PLEASANTLY surprised by the Chuck Taylor II when it came out -- that is seriously the first big-name shoe I've been able to put on my foot without replacement insoles or weird lacing or break-in time that fits my arches right.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-28-2016, 11:56 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #979  
Quote:
Then you have fairly flat arches. It happens.
No. Actually, I don't.

Quote:
I know how hard it is to find good shoes that fit. >_< I was PLEASANTLY surprised by the Chuck Taylor II when it came out -- that is seriously the first big-name shoe I've been able to put on my foot without replacement insoles or weird lacing or break-in time that fits my arches right.
And that was me with the toe shoes.

Like Den said, it took a little while for my feet to adjust, because the muscles had atrophied from years of being squished into normal shoes. But once they got used to the new shoes, which was pretty quick (and involving nearly zilch blisters) my sense of balance got better too, and I stopped twisting my ankles and kicking myself in the ankles.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Last edited by Tam I am; 01-28-2016 at 09:01 PM.
Old Posted 01-28-2016, 08:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Haunted AND the thing that haunts you!
Haven't been to Unification in years, I hardly got into that place.
I came to this topic expecting to see that it's closed as well. It was less active than Ernya last time I was there.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 02-06-2016, 07:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #981  
o3o RedRum = Murder

it was pretty active in the UC2 chatbox xD the UF6 forums not so much.

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 02-06-2016, 07:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonskid View Post
o3o RedRum = Murder

For various reasons.

Quote:
Old Posted 02-06-2016, 08:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #983  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonskid View Post
o3o RedRum = Murder

Never used it. I'm not a chatbox person.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 02-06-2016, 09:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
I'm normally not either.. but that chat box was fun -sniffle- Kijame DK misses you! D; GothicDemon too

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 02-07-2016, 12:17 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #985  
Redrum, I have a rp character with that name.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 02-07-2016, 03:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Sweet Tam I Am.
In my senior year of high school, my Urban Legends project team in English used the team name 'Red Rum She Said', and yeah, I don't know for sure but I'm betting the dude who came up with it got it from 'The Shining'.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 02-07-2016, 03:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #987  
On the topic of shoes, no shoe is comfortable to me, not really at least. My feet have like no arch...and it's hard to find shoes that fit.
Old Posted 02-07-2016, 10:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
didn't we have this discussion, either in this thread or somewhere else? that sounds really familiar. =)

currently reading: Gone With the Witch by Heather Blake (#25) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 02-07-2016, 10:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #989  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokuutsu View Post
On the topic of shoes, no shoe is comfortable to me, not really at least. My feet have like no arch...and it's hard to find shoes that fit.
That sucks, I just can't stand on anything with heels. Not even the smallest ones.
~ Red Rum She Said
Old Posted 02-08-2016, 04:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRum View Post
That sucks, I just can't stand on anything with heels. Not even the smallest ones.
I've never really been able to tolerate heels for long, aside from ones where the height of the heel is no more than an inch and a half above where the ball of my foot rests, because that's the part of my foot that starts aching the worst after a little while.

It's incredibly difficult to find heels or platforms that fit that restriction (in addition to being available in wide widths).

Quote:
Old Posted 02-08-2016, 06:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #991  
I stick with flats when I bother to wear shoes in the first place. Even my boots normally are low-heeled.
Old Posted 02-08-2016, 04:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
i ave always worn flats because I am very tall. I've had a number of guys turn me down because I am taller than them. SO I don't know how to wear heels. But I am an alien, so I have to wear shoes with some sort of arch support because of flat feets.

Old Posted 02-08-2016, 05:13 PM Reply With Quote