Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 04-13-2012, 11:36 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.¤ ⊹⊱⋛⋌⋚⊰⊹ ∰ ⊹⊱⋛⋌⋚⊰⊹ ¤.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•

I'm sorry I haven't been around lately ladies and gents.
I've been feeling like major crap from a new pill
I'm on... It loves me so much... But I am feeling
a ton better. And I have a new post style and avi
to go along with it!!

Old Posted 04-14-2012, 01:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Woo, Graduated High School
Default   #851  
Welcome back, Sai! Sorry to hear about the pill. Sometimes it takes time to adjust to a new one.
Gall's Cheiri
Questing for Pretties!

art by Gallagher
Old Posted 04-14-2012, 02:57 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!

Thank you.
I know. Its just that this is the first pill
that I took that took a toll on my body when
I first took it. My other meds never did anything
to me until I've been on them for quite sometime.
I'm just glad I can stomach having more than water
for majority of the day lol.

Old Posted 04-14-2012, 03:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #853  
I'd hate to lose my appetite...
Gall's Cheiri
Questing for Pretties!

art by Gallagher
Old Posted 04-14-2012, 03:44 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!

I didn't mind it that much. Just sucked I couldn't
even stomach a cup of coffee and no matter what
I did, I was sick to my stomach til late that
night and that lasted a few days ~_~ Then I got
really tired as heck lol. Now it's pretty much
all done with. Thank god.

Old Posted 04-14-2012, 04:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #855  
HOLY CATS! This place has been quite busy whilst I was gone o_Õ

This last week has been a trial and a half... a week ago (last Friday), my eldest kitteh, Lil' Miss Sassy Pants (Sassy, for short) was scheduled for a vet appointment - her last vet appointment, to be more precise. Well, 24 hours before she was supposed to go in, she started eating again and was more like her old self. So, I cancelled the appointment.

This past Monday, I found a lesion- a tear in her lip- where the cancerous tumor is growing. I talked with the husband-creature about it, and he told me to call and make a new appointment. So, I called, and set her appointment for Thursday at 11:45am.
I hardly ate anything all week (I lost about 1 dress size *silver lining*), and I cried so much my eyes hurt (thus the no posting online).

I spent as much time with Sassy as possible when I was awake, and made sure she was right by my side when we slept. I was hand feeding her at least half the time she ate. I knew that I had to let go for her to get some peace... and I honestly thought that was what she wanted, too.

I told Eric on Wednesday that I couldn't go through with it. I couldn't give the kill order AGAIN! He was uncharacteristicly understanding and said, "Alright. I'm saying it: we have to put Sassy to sleep. There. It's off your shoulders now."

I felt a little better- but not much.

I stayed up all night with Sassy Wednesday night through Thursday morning. I didn't cry (not in front of her, at least). I read Psalms to her and promised her that she was going to be reunited with her brothers- her littermates, and the momma-kitteh who raised them. I told her that this was the only was for her mouth to heal. I was strong for her.

Thursday morning came, and since we had been up all night, I stayed with the normal "fooding the cats" routine, but didn't expects Sassy would want to eat.
WHOA, was wrong!!
Not only did she eat, she demanded seconds!!
She was talkative and active, and even got up in my bay window (which she has never done in the almost 2 years that we have lived here!). When I went to pick her up, she ran from me every time.

She was not acting like a cat on her deathbed.

My in-laws came over to pick us up to take us to town, and I had to fight with. Sassy to get her in the carrier. I sat in the back seat with her for the 40 minute drive. She did not stop talking the whole trip. She was practically tearing open the door to the carrier by shoving her paws and not-small claws through the grating. I was trying to pet her through the grating, and I have some pretty nasty cuts on my hands and arms to prove it. She was so strong!

I already didn't want to do it, but her strength and determination seemed to me that SHE didn't want to do it, either!

Both my Mom and Dad in-law were firefighter/EMTs for over 10 years in Kat's community where old age is the highest cause of death (of the residents... MVAs are #1 for the people passing through thanks to the winding hill one must take to get in or out of town). They started asking me "quality of life" questions about Sassy. It turns out, she's not in the range low enough to qualify for euthanasia. I said I'd talk to the vet about it when we got there. We'd explore all options before putting her to sleep.

The vet agreed with Mom and Dad. Sassy was out of her carrier, wandering around the exam room, talking up a storm when she wasn't on the exam table with the doc.

He confirmed, based on the quality of her fur, the fact that she hasn't lost even half a pound since her Feb 28 appointment, her muscle tone, activity, ability to use her litterbox (which she hasn't had a single accident), alertness, and desire to eat and interact - this cat was NOT ready to be put to sleep. OHMAIFREAKINGGAWSH! PRAISE JESUS!

The vet gave me another 14 day supply of pain meds, and an injectable antibiotic (Eric gets to do THAT!), and told us the signs to watch for that indicate that it's "time". (Eric met us at the vet's office.) He said we could pick up more meds as needed without an actual visit with Sassy for as long as we need them.

She's already showing improvement from the injectable antibiotics, and is EXTREMELY happy to be home, as am I!!

I know her cancer is terminal, and I don't want her suffering at all, but I would totally be lying if I said I wasn't happy that the vet let me bring her home.

So, for those of you still awake, Sassy is doing great (or, as great as anyone with a cancerous tumor in their mouth can be expected - better than that, actually) and is safe and comfy right next to me on her heated blankie and I am back from being a grief-blinded basket case and almost functional again ^_^ (aka I'M BACK!!)

*YaY!* for happy endings!

Now I have 50+ pages of backlogging to do in this thread alone.

Saiyouri, I hope you get used to your new pill quickly <3
If you are having a major issue with nausea, as your doc to prescribe you generic Phenergan. That's what I take on the days I'm sick from oral chemo. BUT- be careful. It's main side effect is that it's as potent as most prescription sleeping pills. It knocks me right out >.<

(((HUGS))) I hope you guys haven't forgotten me yet >.<
Old Posted 04-14-2012, 04:16 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!

That is amazing Kat. I am so happy she is doing great.
*hugs* *hugs kitty*
I hope things keep improving for the baby!~

My nausea is gone finally. I get a small issue
of it here and there in the mornings now and
then but it's alot better. No where near as
bad as before. Thank you for the tip. I will
keep that in mind for when it happens again.
Especially if it's as bad as before and worse.

And of course I haven't forgotten you *hugs*

Old Posted 04-14-2012, 04:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #857  
*hugs* Kat, I'm glad you get to keep your cat for a bit longer. I went through the same thing with one of my dogs. You'll know when the time comes, the cat herself will tell you. It's hard, so hard, but you know that you're doing it out of love, because you don't want your baby to suffer any more. *hugs again*
Gall's Cheiri
Questing for Pretties!

art by Gallagher
Old Posted 04-14-2012, 04:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Phantom Squirrel
/rawrs about thread/
Old Posted 04-14-2012, 07:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #859  
*Hugs Saiyouri and Calypso, rawrs back at Zane* LOL

Well, it seems that as soon as I return, I must ago go. To sleep, that is >.<
In fact, I'm going to take some Phenergan to help me get to sleep. My sleep schedule is SOOOO freaking off right now *flails*

Oh! I did make a banner in my time away. It's not very good, but *shrug* I'm no artist :P Also, I screwed up the thread name when I made the banner *D'OH!*

Imma go take my meds, then try to fix the banner, then try to upload the banner to Photobucket it TinyPic.... though, the uploading and posting of said banner will moat likely not happen tonight.
Baby steps LOL

Goodnight, all!!
I hope to bring my activity level back up to where it was before I went AWOL :3
Muleh-muleh of the Kiddiss
My Current Theme Song >clicky<
Old Posted 04-14-2012, 07:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Phantom Squirrel
Hurrooos and goodbyes? XD
Old Posted 04-14-2012, 07:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Default   #861  
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Zane View Post
Hurrooos and goodbyes? XD
*GLOMPS Zane*
I figured everyone would have gone to bed by now >.<

I got so caught up in uploading and resizing the craptastic banner I made, so I'm gonna post it here. I'm doing that for two reasons:
1. So you guys can point and laugh at it;
And
2. So that I can see the size in a thread post.

I will make more banners- smaller and most likely without images (no PhotoShop for me until I get an external hard drive *gerk*).

I haven't even checked the first page to see if we have any entries for our first contest :/

I KNOW YOU PEEPS HAVE ARTISTIC TALENT- WHATCHU WAITN' FER?!

Okies... after I post the POS banner, I'm going to backlog the thread to see what I've missed *eyes already start to bleed*

So, after my next post, THEN I shall say, "Goodnight and Sleep Tight" <3
Old Posted 04-14-2012, 08:37 AM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
Okeydokey, here be the same banner; two large ones )
(I added text to one), and the medium/small banner.

If the larger banners end up page stretching, I will remove the IMG code and then them in to links instead.

I'll try to make some smaller, siggie sized banners later today.

I really do have to get going for now- church is in less than 5 hours, and it's not just Bible study this week. The Feast of Unleavened Bread ends on Sunday, so we'll be going over the who's and why's of the Feast of Unleavened Bread. It will certainly be educational.
Up until 3 or 4 years ago, I had no clue as to why we celebrate the Passover, since, ya know... we're Christians. Well, it turns out that when Passover was given to God's people all those millennia ago, He said very plainly that ALL of the future generations were to keep that day holy. "The Last Supper" was Passover.
*shrug* If it's good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for me!! ^_^

Here are the banners:
Large 1

Large 2:

Medium/Small:

Old Posted 04-14-2012, 08:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Phantom Squirrel
Default   #863  
I rarely read the first page of anything xD;;

And if you're a gerk for having an external I'm a total nerd for having a 2 terrabyte external and 2 158 gb externals xD as well as like 4 laptops and almost every gaming platform lol.
Old Posted 04-14-2012, 09:01 AM Reply With Quote  
I have three laptops but only one is functional. What the heck do you do with dead laptops anyway?
Gall's Cheiri
Questing for Pretties!

art by Gallagher
Old Posted 04-14-2012, 10:23 AM Reply With Quote