Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It Won't Stop
Default   #8001  
Any character that attempts to have everyone like them (as in through character design, not through actual character behaviors) is an immediate turn-off. You're right, it's alright to not be liked, but the fact remains that even if a character isn't liked, it can be appreciated that they have a strong design.

I'm named after an OC as well, but I don't mind using his name.

I'm also blonde, but not of the dumb variety. I'm quite happy with my hair.

Old Posted 02-14-2012, 07:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Wandering Blade
Ren is one of my Oc's as well I have no problem going under that name
Lace and Chains: Hearts Intertwined
Airina's and Renata's Quest Thread

Airina's Auction House: Incogninja
Airina is my GirlFriend <3 Hurt or Mess with her and you pay!
The Lab's Immortal Janitor Pet
Nexess' Immortal Pet

Buying Inventor's Dream

The name is "Renington"
Old Posted 02-14-2012, 07:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbow Goddess
Default   #8003  
//walks back in
sorry i was all busy

my closet
Dark is my puppyi luff hermes<3
Old Posted 02-14-2012, 07:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Wandering Blade
It's all good Sami we missed you.
Lace and Chains: Hearts Intertwined
Airina's and Renata's Quest Thread

Airina's Auction House: Incogninja
Airina is my GirlFriend <3 Hurt or Mess with her and you pay!
The Lab's Immortal Janitor Pet
Nexess' Immortal Pet

Buying Inventor's Dream

The name is "Renington"
Old Posted 02-14-2012, 07:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Default   #8005  
-Nod- Welcome back, Asami (:
I'm a mule ~ :')
I usually lurk avatar sites I'm not active on to get arts. o n o. Hi.
Old Posted 02-14-2012, 07:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Morbidly Obsessed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
Any character that attempts to have everyone like them (as in through character design, not through actual character behaviors) is an immediate turn-off. You're right, it's alright to not be liked, but the fact remains that even if a character isn't liked, it can be appreciated that they have a strong design.

I'm named after an OC as well, but I don't mind using his name.

I'm also blonde, but not of the dumb variety. I'm quite happy with my hair.
I am not fond of Mary Sues.. blame Twilight for that.. -so glad she never read those books- and I try to give my characters some sort of flaw, I had one who was offering from dual personality disorder which was quite fun.

Well, the name is more than my OC.. I actually had a puppy a few years back who name was Chloe as well.. we ended up losing her shortly after she was one year old.. we don't know what happened, but we think she went for the clothes line and managed to snap her neck when it broke.. my dad blamed himself for not taking her with him cause she might still be alive if he had.
Old Posted 02-14-2012, 07:36 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #8007  
I find it unfair to judge something without giving it an honest try first.

That being said, Twilight was shit. Reading it was more entertaining than watching it, but... 'Better' is an extremely relative word by nature.

Mary Sues are far, far worse than just Twilight things, though. Any proper character should be unable to avoid having flaws. My Kier's major, central flaw is that he's a tetragametic chimera with resulting partial albinism. His psychological issues branch off of that fact and the way he was treated because of it. He's more flaw than talent, to be honest. His personality is pretty much the only redeeming feature, and even that sometimes isn't so great. My others include a hermaphrodite grim reaper, a siren in search of the perfect mate that kills everyone that gets in her way/she courts only to find they weren't good enough, a stubborn adopted girl that dreams of being a proper knight, an overly outgoing healer that's seen more in his sparse few years than most... And yeah.

Old Posted 02-14-2012, 07:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Morbidly Obsessed
Your characters are alot more advanced than most of my mine are at the moment.

Only thing I have right now for the rehaul of one of my characters that she has a medium ability but not with the underworld but with the limbo between the human world and underworld and she has to struggle to keep herself sane cause all these spirits trapped want closure to move on and annoy the heck out of her.
And my other character is a gyspy who dreams of a life beyond the gyspy camp.. not yet sure what she really wants to come.. I had it for one rpg she ran away and went to train as an apprentice for a mage and years later, she discovers her whole gyspy clan has been killed which leads to her having the dual personalities.. >..<' through thinking of changing that to where she witnesses the deaths of the clan on the night she plans to run away.
Old Posted 02-14-2012, 07:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbow Goddess
Default   #8009  
my characters are pretty basic as of right now ;-; i feel lame.

my closet
Old Posted 02-14-2012, 07:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
*peaks in* characters?
Old Posted 02-14-2012, 07:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Morbidly Obsessed
Default   #8011  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asami View Post
my characters are pretty basic as of right now ;-; i feel lame.
Aww ):

I think mine are still pretty basic.. I still have two I am deciding if I want to do a rehaul on or not.. one of them is like always trying to create trouble.. <..<; total rebel..
Old Posted 02-14-2012, 07:58 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Like I said, I don't mean to sound cocky, but.

The right characters mean a lot more to me than an 'interesting' story for them to follow, because for most of us, it's not adventure that makes our lives interesting, it's the people we come in contact with. Not everyone needs to be tortured and abused, or to save the world. Some are like that, yes, but chances are? You wouldn't even know it first looking at them.

Then there's the types of people that you would assume to have a hard time. Assumptions. Not something that most of us like to do, because we know how bad it can be. In turn, it's something we don't like making our characters do. To make assumptions. To be wrong about someone. To feel unjust hatred. Yet, this is a subject I enjoy playing with quite often.

I love talking about characters. I love making new ones. I love hearing suggestions on mine, and I love to help others get farther with theirs.

Old Posted 02-14-2012, 08:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #8013  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
I think your describing me - Ari.
c: Everybody is wanted . but me
No, I'm pretty sure I'm describing me. Not you. #TrueFact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher View Post
-sips tea- ... None of you are wanted, you just invite yourselves in anyway.
D:
How could you say such a thing, Gall?! D:

I'm shocked! I'm repulsed! I'm...uhh...gimme some time while I figure out another synonym I like to put here... >w>;! D:

Don't make me pull out my spear and whip you with it's tail end!! D:<

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 02-14-2012, 08:01 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
-stares at Ari-

... I'd like to see you try.

Old Posted 02-14-2012, 08:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbow Goddess
Default   #8015  
i like developing my characters lol xD i dont want to just make them. i want them to be made along with stories <3

my closet
Old Posted 02-14-2012, 08:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Morbidly Obsessed

Well, three of them were actually made for certain rpgs than I redid them for another RPG and probably won't take them any farther than that.

Chloe is the one that has the medium thing going on.. hence why my avatar looks the way it does right now.. and she doesn't show that it's driving her insane, she actually handles it quite well and she's not really an adventure type nor save the world type..
But any help to improve her would be a great help cause I was planning later to try to develop a story based around her.
Old Posted 02-14-2012, 08:07 PM Reply With Quote