Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

~!Halloween Queen!~
Default   #65  
Exactly. <3 A one time only type of thing-- just to gauge how well they think its done, if they think its fair... just a total feedback thing.

Unless, there would be a way to have users volunteer for the project, and have a group of them test it out, let you know what they think, and if it should be a feature you should incorporate into the site.
Mama bat to a beautiful baby bat <3
Old Posted 07-27-2011, 04:54 PM  
Art Meiser
The problem with seasonals thus far is every time I have tried to start on them I get bogged down with event and monthlies, and then I get really indecisive about what to do for the seasonal items. Whether they should be like yearlies with less poses or more like monthlies with more poses. Etc.

On the other hand because the event the dark evolution got put off a bit. its done and I have had it for like a week and a half but I haven't been able to give the time to sort it all out and make previews for it. Which means it probably won't upload til I release monthlies.
The Almighty Fen-God
[8:25:15 PM] Galla: o3o ty for amusing my peen obsession
Married to: Galla, Aurelia, Sei, Demonskid, Arrikanez and Ashy.
Batty is My Girlfriend!
Mizzy is my Family.
Belial is my Cookie Monster!

Mon-Mon is my rainbow popsicle!
Chi is my Famiry!

Old Posted 07-27-2011, 04:54 PM  
The Illusionist
Default   #67  
Here's my problem with rigs, I like rigs in a random sort of way. But I hate buying them only to lose money when I had been hoping to get something nicer.

A rig I'd prefer is like, I'd rather play a rig for an equal chance with something else. So 50\50, ect. So underline Random, the community is too small to have super rare items, the reason I say that is because having only 10-20 of a single item isn't fair nor is it right to charge people to get something rare like that.
The only way I'll be ok with that is if you could buy the rig forever or the rig is free and you find it at random. (random gift boxes)

For now all I have to say is. NO RIGS.

Old Posted 07-27-2011, 04:58 PM  
Hakuna matata
How long would a season last, how much would they cost and is there a possiblity of buying them with Aurums.

Also some one might have to explain to me what RiG is.
Old Posted 07-27-2011, 05:00 PM  
Gackt's bodyguard
Default   #69  
Random item generator?... :s

If you can read this it means you have passed the first grade, congratulations.
Old Posted 07-27-2011, 05:02 PM  
Art Meiser
illusions unfortunately I think you are the only person with that outlook. And the likeliness of their only being 20 of 1 item with the way id be setting rigs is really low. Not to mention there are ways to regulate it as well, such as rigs change every two months. You really can't do rigs unless there is a rarer item because its not really a rig then its just an = chance gotcha item.
The Almighty Fen-God
Batty is My Girlfriend!
Mizzy is my Family.

Chi is my Famiry!

Old Posted 07-27-2011, 05:02 PM  
Hakuna matata
Default   #71  
Ah, and to that I say no. At least not yet. Its already hard enough getting the Beta items. I wouldnt want this site going through super inflation because only a few people won a special item.
Old Posted 07-27-2011, 05:03 PM  
Mother Ship
Yes! Yes! Yes! for lots and lots of colors. (7 would be heaven!)

And - No!! No!! No!! No!! No!! for RIGged boxes.
Old Posted 07-27-2011, 05:04 PM  
Art Meiser
Default   #73  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludovico View Post
How long would a season last, how much would they cost and is there a possiblity of buying them with Aurums.

Also some one might have to explain to me what RiG is.
Rig is an item that has a certain amount of items connected to it, when you open the rig item you have % chances to get one of the items.

As for seasonals: they would be every 3 months, with 3 items. We had doing this as an = chance gotcha item where you have an item that opens and you have a 33% chance of getting, this item would cost $3. Which is why I am surprised its not controversial to users at all xD
The Almighty Fen-God
Batty is My Girlfriend!
Mizzy is my Family.

Chi is my Famiry!

Old Posted 07-27-2011, 05:05 PM  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
What Illusion is thinking of is the way Seasonals were supposed to be set up, right? 33/33/33 chance of each item?

Also, a season would last 3 months.

Ah, Fen beat me to it.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 07-27-2011, 05:06 PM  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #75  
QUESTION: if there's going to be 6 color options does that raise the price of that item?

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Gackt's bodyguard
I like the idea of rarer items not everybody can have, but what I don't like is that not everyone will even have a chance of getting them. Cause you'd have to buy many of them. On Ernya I buy about 6, which are 1 dollar each while some people buy about 50-100 of them. Guess who never gets that rare item?

The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #77  
No, the item would still cost 20 runes. We can't promise that the price of runes or that particular item in the marketplace would stay steady, however.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 07-27-2011, 05:07 PM  
The Illusionist
That's the point I'm trying to bring up ludo
I guess you can regulate them, but that still doesn't change my opinion about Rigs.
Plus another thing is, you wouldn't really know what the super rare item should be because it should be the best out of them. Does that mean everything else would be crap or will it be something that you know everyone would kinda want.

In my opinion Rigs would just be a hassle, and you will be pulling your hair out about it. Just wait until we get 1000 active members and ask about it then.

Old Posted 07-27-2011, 05:09 PM  
Gackt's bodyguard
Default   #79  
Another problem with them I've experienced is that they use to put REALLY girly things in them. A girl might be happy getting a sword but most guys wouldn't want lets say a pink purse and pink ribbon thinges...hah.. :q

Old Posted 07-27-2011, 05:12 PM  
Art Meiser
Ahh now the debate comes. This is kind of why I started the conversation. But I really want to know why Rig items are considered so evil.

Rig items are a popular choice for avi sites because they generate income for the site. People tell us that we don't update enough and the biggest reason is lack of income to hire more people (especially coders). So how else would we generate this income if we aren't generating enough as it is. People say advertise on other sites, but where? And when? People say have better layouts but then we go back to the circle of not generating enough income. In the end it comes up to the debate is the income generated from it to hire more people and advertise and get better things better than the downsides you all see.

I have to look at things from a completely different point of view than you guys do and thats how to make the site better in the best way possible.

We have about a ton of things we want to do with layouts, we want games, we want to better the site as a whole for the users.
The Almighty Fen-God
Batty is My Girlfriend!
Mizzy is my Family.

Chi is my Famiry!

Old Posted 07-27-2011, 05:13 PM