Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Self-proclaimed Non-Conversationalist
Default   #65  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Man Cometh View Post
I would be part of the "never watched Titanic" and "never seen Avatar" clubs, but as far as I'm concerned,
I haven't ever watched Titanic .____.

Lucid loves Duchess and takes her signature virginity. <3
Ashy refuses to share Duchess with anyone D:<

Duchess is idol TRASH
Feel free to bully me about it

Old Posted 05-13-2011, 12:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Socially Awkward
"It's aleady been mentioned, but Airbender. Dear LORD that movie sucks. Not even just from a fan of the the cartoon's perspective. I tried to put myself in the place of someone who's never seen it and it just, uhg... Jumps around way too much, the elemental manipulation was awful (too many movements that the manipulated thing wasn't following, would have looked MUCH better if they followed the flow of movement and had less "fluff." Both canonically and non.) and f gberjkghwerjkgherk"
[Proceeds to flail in disgust.]

"The effects were cool, yeah. But, man! Talk about a major fail. Also, the more I think about Jame's Cameron's Avatar, the more I dislike it. It was pretty, a nice experience (which was what his main focus was, just want to throw that out there) but it still doesn't change the fact that the story's just... so over-used.

Oh, yeah. And New Moon. I wanted very much to get up and leave, but I was not allowed to. So I just.. laid there. On the couch. And suffered. (Although, I will admit, Lautner shirtless and in the rain was nice eye-candy. But not enough to redeem the movie.)"
Old Posted 05-13-2011, 06:47 AM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #67  

I watched Titanic and honestly, I will never get that time back. I don't know how so many people can like that movie, it was garbage. I found it drawn out and incredibly boring.

I didn't mind Avatar, but I went in knowing that it was a simple cliche story and it was really all about the environment and graphics. I went to see it in 3D and did enjoy it in that aspect.

Twilight... wow... I don't even feel right putting anything to do with Twilight in the same category as any sort of entertainment. I would rather re-watch every horrible movie in this thread than ever touch anything to do with Twilight... I'm all for Team Dracula, because no self respecting vampire would ever sparkle!

~* Calendros' wife <3 - married Aug 13/11 *~
Old Posted 05-13-2011, 09:18 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
So, you know Pretty Woman, widely regarded as a classic and beloved as an ultimate romance by people everywhere? Yeah, I finally watched that one night and I just wanted to throw popcorn at the screen, only I didn't have any popcorn at all. Richard Gere is such a creeping creeper and even if it wasn't about prostitution, it'd still be pretty skeevy in the Pygmalion sort of way. Just...blargh.
Old Posted 05-14-2011, 03:49 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Default   #69  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
... it'd still be pretty skeevy in the Pygmalion sort of way. Just...blargh.
LMAO cause it was Pygmalion, just retold in a different way. As was My Fair Lady. Though of the two I'll definitely take My Fair Lady.
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 05-15-2011, 12:24 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
Of course My Fair Lady is better. It has Audrey Hepburn in it. <3
Old Posted 05-15-2011, 11:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Celestial Princess
Default   #71  
Eragon. Way off from the book, and a bad movie even without the book
I amGREED, Fall before me!
Old Posted 05-17-2011, 05:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Ya know, I never got to watch all of Eragon. I've seen bits and pieces on tv a couple times, but it's always on when I'm busy and can't watch it. I've heard some really mixed reviews about it, so I was kind of on the fence with that one.

The Ring and The Ring Two were pretty bad movies. I watched the Japanese ones and then the English versions just didn't match up. It's kinda like the Grudge but they kept the first Grudge at least very close to the original Japanese Ju-On.

Old Posted 05-17-2011, 10:32 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #73  
The only times I saw Eragon was from the commercials/trailers and that was it, I never read the book so I don't kn now how it can be off. The 3rd Harry Potter was disappointed fail since they changed directors. They ended the movie in the middle of the book

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 12:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
ugh Babylon AD was definately horrible I agree. So was Castaway. It was too longwinded and DEPRESSING. I kept hoping for some shed of light then they leave the stupid man there at a cliff hanger. horriblehorriblhorrible*keepsrepeatingwordtilhenee dsair*

I don't think the Twilight Series were necessarily bad since I did enjoy for laughs. Especially how well the movie was put together while not even considering the amount of time they took to put it together. Damn! o:

Cirque Du Freak I did not see mainly cause I saw that boy's huge buggy eyes and that mildly interesting trailer just dissolved. Shallow? Yes. But I read the books (before I knew of the movie)and I was not about to have the awesomeness of it ruined for me.
EDIT: jeeze i feel like a movie buff or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seloria View Post

I watched Titanic and honestly, I will never get that time back. I don't know how so many people can like that movie, it was garbage. I found it drawn out and incredibly boring.
aww, I'm quite sad because I actually loved the movie. A song that many probably identify with Titanic now is among my favorites. Though I can sort of put myself in your shoes for that perspective. I kind of liked the scope of the ship/world/events they captured by drawing it out like that. Just personal taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunaryon View Post
Eragon. Way off from the book, and a bad movie even without the book
Yeah it wasn't really all that awesome. However I think Eragon is like the Sorcerer's Apprentice. If you love magic and fantasy stuff they are good movies for placing yourself inside that world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachnocampa View Post
"It's aleady been mentioned, but Airbender. Dear LORD that movie sucks. Not even just from a fan of the the cartoon's perspective. I tried to put myself in the place of someone who's never seen it and it just, uhg... Jumps around way too much, the elemental manipulation was awful (too many movements that the manipulated thing wasn't following, would have looked MUCH better if they followed the flow of movement and had less "fluff." Both canonically and non.) and f gberjkghwerjkgherk"
[Proceeds to flail in disgust.]"[/b]
yes 100%
I saw in 3D with a 3D fanatic friend, rather reluctantly. Even not drawing on the cartoon it wasn't all that great. Through the entire movie I was bothered by the skin color of the water and fire nation being reversed.
Last edited by Jurinjo; 05-18-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 01:49 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #75  
the only 2 things intresting in Titanic was Leonardo DiCaprio and the scence of him drawing a nude Katie Winslet with the necklace. For me who likes to draw I find it intresting. Everything else sucked

OBBIE'S twin sister
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 04:24 PM Reply With Quote  
A lot of people liked Titanic. They aren't wrong for liking it, everyone has their tastes, but yeah I didn't like it at all. At the time it came out too a lot of the girls were like "omg Leo is so hot!!" which I also disagree with. I think the best part of the movie was

As an actor he has grown a lot and become a lot better, but I still hate that movie, and still don't find him attractive lol

Old Posted 05-18-2011, 04:41 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #77  
LOL, but I was young when the movie came out i was 7 so yea I had this weird thing over Leo then Orlando Bloom and now no one...now I look at him, I have no feeling towards him

OBBIE'S twin sister
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 07:56 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
╔═════════════════════════════════╗

(。◕‿◕。) Harold and Kumar escape Guantamino.
That was the move disgusting thing I was
ever forced to watch and I still haven't
gotten over how sick it was. >.>;

╚═════════════════════════════════╝
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 08:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #79  
Echo: lol I get it, a lot of girls did think he was cute, I dunno, just not my type I guess. I always like Johnny Depp and would be his forever if he were to ask lol. I like Orlando Bloom too...

Saiyouri: I never watched that one, that was the sequel right? I have Harold and Kumar go to white-castle, I wouldn't say that was a great film, but I thought it was pretty funny so I own it... never got to watch Escape Guantanamo though.

Old Posted 05-19-2011, 12:54 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Now I don't seem to have that whole "Idol attractioness" If that's what it can be called. I don't llike when people ask Who's my favorite celebrity I always give that I Don't have a favorite because I have none

OBBIE'S twin sister
Old Posted 05-19-2011, 01:34 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
bad, echo, movies, torture