Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wanderer
Default   #641  
HAYATE

....Crap, I must look like a mess. Hayate tried to work up an excuse for the jacket while he answered, "Well...nothing in particular. I just needed to get as far away as possible from the Hunters. I think that female Hunter is out to get me even more than ever now."

He brushed the hair out of his eyes a bit awkwardly with bandaged fingers. "As for the mask, I...erm...lost it. It's...it's a long story."
Old Posted 09-15-2012, 04:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
FORZ

He pulled open the door to the coffee shop, his boots thudding loudly on the linoleum, brushing aside the startled expressions from several customers sitting inside. After glancing over the menu, he ordered a coffee and grabbed a seat in a corner while he waited, his coat dumped on the back of the chair.

I'll have to visit the Police Headquarters tomorrow...They'll probably have more information on the gangs than the Hunters do. He sighed and leaned back, resting his eyes after a long day of driving.

A few minutes later, his number was called, and he walked over, thanked the woman behind the counter, and returned to his seat with the steaming cup of cappuccino. Bored, he reached behind him and dug a small book out of the inside pocket of his coat after glancing around to check for any policemen and Hunters.
Old Posted 09-15-2012, 04:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
Default   #643  
Maki gave Hayate a look and said, "You lost it... How the fuck could you lose it?! You never set the thing down even when you're at the base!" She grumbled a bit and flicked him on the forehead. "Idiot. And you said a Hunter is after you to boot? Damn, kid, you gotta get on your A game. Come on, I think I know a place where we can stay for a while," she said and started leading Hayate to Roland's house.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 09-16-2012, 10:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
HAYATE

"DAH! I-I...! I'm not a kid! If you're looking for one, that would be the Toxic Ryuujin...! And it's not entirely my fault she's probably out to get me. Also, I'm rather broke, and am in desperate need of a shirt and shoes," he added as he felt sharp pebbles bite at his feet.

He followed after Maki, a sudden thought popping into his mind. "...Wait, where are we going?"
Old Posted 09-16-2012, 12:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #645  
The Flame Ryuujin smirked and said, "You remember that cop who was at our base? We're going to his house. I crashed there after the thing at the base, and I left my boots there." She lifted a foot up to eye level to show Hayate her bare feet. She glanced at her fellow Flame as they walked and chuckled. "Ya know, you could probably grab some of Bandanna Man's clothes while we're at his place. He seems pretty chill, so he probably won't mind."

Reyo has an art thread!
Old Posted 09-16-2012, 12:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
HAYATE

"WAIT. WHAT?! WE-- No. I don't want to owe him any more than I already do." Nevertheless, even as he complained, he felt the inexorable pull of someone he knew to be friendly some degree, and possibly a good defense against Hunters.

"...I guess that's...not a bad idea." I need of change of bandages and all, anyways... He sighed inwardly.

"Also, I'd appreciate it if you didn't stick your foot in my face..."
Old Posted 09-16-2012, 12:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #647  
Maki waved dismissively at Hayate. "Hai, hai. So, how do you owe him? I mean, we both kinda owe him for helping us get out of the base, but what else has he done for you?" she asked as the traversed the steps up to the temple where Roland lived. The afternoon sun was slowly dipping towards the west, turning the scenery a blazing gold. Maki's stomach gave a small protest and she glared down at it. "Hush, you."

Reyo has an art thread!
Old Posted 09-16-2012, 01:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
HAYATE

"...That's also a long story. I...i mean, it was nothing serious. Really," Hayate stuttered, not entirely willing to tell the Ryuujin about the confrontation in the crafts shop.

The corners of his mouth turned up slightly in amusement at Maki talking to her stomach, and Hayate realized that he hadn't eaten since the previous night. He'd had worse before. I wonder if they gave me IV? I doubt that, but I can't check right now without taking the jacket off...

He put a hand up to shield his eyes from the sun, musing that it would have been a perfect sunset if the situation hadn't been so gloomy. Hah. It's almost like a funeral for the other Flame Skulls.
Old Posted 09-16-2012, 01:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Sweetie Boop Pirate
Default   #649  
Roland led Jayden down a hallway towards the back of the station where most of the extra office supplies were stored. He took a few quick glances to make sure no one else was around before he grabbed the collar of Jayden's shirt and shoved him against the wall. "Did you have anything to do with Hayate's grandfather being killed?! You were there with the hunter when you arrested him weren't you?!"
Join my Roleplay?
~> Espy Wants me for my Eye-patch <~
I am the Lascivious Knight
~Thank You Kaguya, Dawn, Nikko~

Old Posted 09-16-2012, 07:14 PM Reply With Quote  
"Right, sure, and I'm the Buddha," she said sarcastically. When they reached the house, Maki circled around to the back door. She tried the knob and grinned when she found it unlocked. "Score! I guess he forgot to lock it back after I left."

She sauntered into the living room and flopped down on the couch. "Hey, you want some barbecue? I got some for working at that place over by Otome Road today," she called to Hayate as she took a container out of her bag.

Reyo has an art thread!
Old Posted 09-16-2012, 07:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Morbidly Obsessed
Default   #651  
Caught off guard by suddenly being shoved against the wall, it took Jayden a few moments to reply.

"No, I didn't have anything to do with Hayate's grandfather getting killed, don't you think if I had known that was going to happen, I would of stopped it?" he sighs, "And yes, she was there when I arrested him. If it hadn't been for her, neither me or Hayate would be alive today, we both would of been burnt to a crisp."
Old Posted 09-16-2012, 08:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
HAYATE

"...Are we really going to just stay here?" he asked, glancing around the place. It had been so long since he had been in a proper house.

"Well, I guess we don't have anywhere else to stay for now. I hope he doesn't mind me using the bathroom," he muttered, trying to locate the nearest toilet. "As for the barbeque, if any still exists after I'm done, that would be much appreci--" An earthquake-like rumble cut him off.

"...-ated," he finished while hurriedly and embarrassedly ducking into the bathroom. Kicking the door halfway shut, he screwed his eyes closed while bending his arms and trying to get the coat off. How do people wear heavy jackets like these...?

With the coat on the ground, Hayate moved on to the seeped-through bandages. This...doesn't look too good. Holding his breath seemed to be a good tactic until one particularly painful tugged drew a sharp gasp from him, and he peeked outside to make sure Maki had not heard.

...I guess I'll have to soak them...? Shoot, I should have learned first aid and such, he thought ruefully as he turned on the tap.
Old Posted 09-16-2012, 08:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Sweetie Boop Pirate
Default   #653  
Roland let go of Jayden's shirt and stepped back a little. "She was the most likely the reason why you got burned in the first place." He sighed removing his glasses and started to rub his eyes. For a while Roland said nothing. Then after putting his glasses on, Roland punched Jayden squarely in the stomach. "That was for being an idiot and arresting an innocent person." he grumbled. "Go home... I've already released Hayate... And I'd recommend having no more contact with little miss hunter..."
Join my Roleplay?
~> Espy Wants me for my Eye-patch <~
I am the Lascivious Knight
~Thank You Kaguya, Dawn, Nikko~

Old Posted 09-16-2012, 08:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Blaze fell sidelong on the couch and let out a stream of uproarious laughter when Hayate's stomach complained. "Oi, Van Gogh, what was that?!" She chuckled some more and set the container down on the coffee table. "He probably needs it more than I do," Maki thought to herself as she got up to raid Roland's kitchen.

Reyo has an art thread!
Old Posted 09-16-2012, 08:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Morbidly Obsessed
Default   #655  
Doubling over and trying to catch his breath from Roland's punch to his stomach, Jayden listens to what Roland says.

Finally able to catch his breath, Jayden turns to leave before pausing, "I figured you would release him." he pulls something out of his pocket and tosses to Roland, "You'll probably see him before I would, make sure he gets that back for me."

Not waiting for Roland's reply and ignoring the Hunters, he makes his way out of the Station and starts in the direction of the flat, I deserved that, what was I thinking of allowing her to go free in the first place?
Old Posted 09-16-2012, 09:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
HAYATE

...Come on, you darned bandages, play along with me, Hayate thought as he let out a low moan. He had tried to unwrap the bandages around his arms, but in an effort to finish things quickly, he had managed to lift skin from flesh, and the water was quickly clouding with red. His fingers shook uncontrollably as he started to try again, and he slumped wearily against the sink.

...I'm so screwed. As if I wasn't already...

"...Maki," he called hesitantly, "I...need help. Don't yell at me?"
Old Posted 09-16-2012, 11:29 PM Reply With Quote