Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

gnometastic
Default   #49  
yeah, I triiiiiiiiied to get into DC, but they have way more back story that's sorta important to know. And, well, I've never felt that attracted tot he Darkhorse or Image comics.
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 01:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Wandering Blade
well darkhorse and image both have some decent things but outa the big 2 Marvel all the way and i mean DC has some decent stuff but lately most of its just sucked from what i heard and even marvel has gotten to the point where theres alot of backstory that you need to know like civil war and secret invasion and even the return of captain america arc.
Lace and Chains: Hearts Intertwined
Airina's and Renata's Quest Thread

Airina's Auction House: Incogninja
Airina is my GirlFriend <3 Hurt or Mess with her and you pay!
The Lab's Immortal Janitor Pet
Nexess' Immortal Pet

Buying Inventor's Dream

The name is "Renington"
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 01:45 AM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Default   #51  
true enough, I'm gonna have a LOT of catching up to do, but that's okay, it'll keep me out of trouble. The funny thing is I think I stopped seriously reading when Civil War hit...I just didn't care and my current comic shop was being taken over by new, idiot, management, so I didn't want to finance their takeover. Still miss the old shop, it was fantastic.
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

Old Posted 05-18-2011, 01:51 AM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
most of the percentage of these newer movies i don't like.. they are either just plain stupid usually or have something nasty in it or something. sometimes i'll see something i wanna watch though..

Art by panda..
Last edited by Sarah; 05-18-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 01:55 AM Reply With Quote  
Wandering Blade
Default   #53  
Civil war is what got me huge into reading them cause i love cap and iron man can suck a nice rockhard walrus #(@* so seeing cap beat the crap out of ironman every time made me happy.

Nexess' Immortal Pet

Buying Inventor's Dream

The name is "Renington"
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 02:11 AM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
LOL I see that we might not be the largest Ironman fan Renata...but I can feel that, I loathe Jean Grey and Wolverine to extents often only used for war criminals.

Old Posted 05-18-2011, 09:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Wandering Blade
Default   #55  
lets see superheros on my s#$% list.

Ironman
Wolverine
Superman
Batman (love hate relationship with him)

I think thats about it and nah the super popular playboy that is so rich he builds new toys and thinks he's better than anyone cause hes an arogent sob yeah i love him so much....nah F ironman

Nexess' Immortal Pet

Buying Inventor's Dream

The name is "Renington"
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 01:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
RAH. Just reading over the page one posts I have a reply to practically every person on that page xD;

Anyways I am somewhat bugged they're just pulling from all the Marvel comics for money but so psyched too. I remember all the advertisment they did on the first Hulk movie. No offense to anyone who has liked them but I HATED it.

Transformers: 1 was freaking awesome, 2 was pretty good but there were a few things in it that made me cringe

Xmen: 1) good, 2) Even better I love the intensity of the drama, 3) I'm anticipating the professor's return through the body of the man with no mind that he mentioned at the beginning of the movie. But killing jean and especially him makes me wonder about how the entire universe will continue on. Strangely the way they killed everyone off jsut really pissed me off.

Batman: the one with Joker was EPIC. I loved just about everything in the movie EXCEPT the chaos through most of it. I have a love for organization; I want things to be orderly. Things in the movie...well if you seen it you saw how things just spiraled out of control. Good movie, but I sat through a lot of it with an intense anger.

Captain America: never really a fan of that guy. I might see it once it comes out on Red Box since it's $1 The trailer didn't portray awesome enough to me

Thor: Well...there was nothing else in the movie theater at the time for me to even consider watching (except Rio but I'm 20 and it's a busy saturday...and by myself. Self conscious). Anyways the graphics weren't bad genreally it did a good job as a movie. But it wasn't WOW that's freaking amazing. I will say though I did enjoy how Loki was portrayed. The only surprise to me in the movie was him being an Ice colloassas.

/END LONG RAMBLE
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 01:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Wandering Blade
Default   #57  
well thor wasn't going for action it was going for more of an explanation of things to shape the way things are going to be in the avengers movie and have not seen it yet so no spoilers plox.

Nexess' Immortal Pet

Buying Inventor's Dream

The name is "Renington"
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 01:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
...Oh yeah I forgot about the Avengers xD
I can't remember much of the reruns I've seen as a kid. Honestly I was more into the Superfriends(?)
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 02:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Wandering Blade
Default   #59  
ehhh always been an avengers fan over the justice league/superfriends and that makes me say that I've been watching the new show Avengers Earth mightiest heroes and it's not bad i'm enjoying it alot actually

Nexess' Immortal Pet

Buying Inventor's Dream

The name is "Renington"
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 03:10 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Ju, I'm assuming you're referring to the Hulk made a while ago, not the 'original' hulk movie(that involved purple short/pants). I actually really liked how they shot that. Felt like how I wanted the Hulk movie to feel. They were never going to be able to shoot it in a way that made me go 'yep, large angry green man', the comic book style was perfect imo.

:: sits amused that eeeeeeeeeeveryone liked the first two x-men movies::

seriously?

I mean, seriously? LOL, oh well, guess I can't say much, I watched them all in theater and own them on DVD. And, just fyi, killing people off doesn't affect aaaaaaanything. There's enough ways to get 'em back(please no jean, please please please!) that it'll just be moot. Part of me wonders though, if they killing off was so that those actors could get out of contracts...and bring in NEW actors!

And I was an equal opportunity girl, I'm willing to watch Avengers, Justice Friends, pretty much gimme a super hero and I'll watch.

Old Posted 05-18-2011, 08:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Wandering Blade
Default   #61  
I will as well like i'm thinking about watching the new dc show youngjustice but yeah Fey if you haven't check out avengers EMH they have the full episodes up on marvel.com

Nexess' Immortal Pet

Buying Inventor's Dream

The name is "Renington"
Old Posted 05-18-2011, 09:44 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
ah, sweet, I'll have to go look on marvel.com...and hide my moneies so I'm not tempted to spend it on things I find.

Old Posted 05-19-2011, 02:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Self-proclaimed Non-Conversationalist
Default   #63  
I told my mum the same thing after the trailers in the cinema. But my gripe isn't really that it's not "original"...it's that they are all adaptations xDD

And it ALSO isn't because I think they are lacking creativity... I just fear that they are only doing this because of the MONEY!!

It's easier to make money off of a franchise or series that has tried and proven to have fans willing to dish out their money. A new concept or storyline doesn't have this backing of pre-existing fans.

So even tho... there may be original screenplays and storylines being written and pitched, the studios DON'T want to give out their money to produce them because there's no guarantee that they'd make the money back.

Compared to a X-Men movie. There are already Thousands of fans of X-men, so ticket sales are guaranteed because of the fan base. When trying something new, you have to market it harder and dish out more money to get the audience interested.

So yeh... I'm not sad because ohh it's not original.. I'm sad because it means that studios no longer want to take risks =[

Lucid loves Duchess and takes her signature virginity. <3
Ashy refuses to share Duchess with anyone D:<

Duchess is idol TRASH
Feel free to bully me about it

Old Posted 05-19-2011, 02:56 AM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
yeah, but really it's only shifted over the years. Used to be they'd only use certain Actors/Actresses cause they knew people would go see them, or just specific writers or Directors. I personally have no issues with adaptations, and yesh, they want to make money, but that's kinda the point in a capitalist market. You don't want to drop millions on a movie(Airbender) and not make that back.

To the same extent I agree, I wish they would take a few more risks on unquie storylines, but it's hard to walk that fine line between original and reworked.

Old Posted 05-19-2011, 03:13 AM Reply With Quote