Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Vampire Lord
Default   #49  
Holden nodded as he walked close to Solomon. He put his right arm on the saddle and his left hand on Solomon's shoulder. He put his left foot in Solomon's hand and started to lift himself up, he started to swing his right leg over the horse and sat down gently. He put his feet in the stirrups and looked down to Solomon. "This is already exhilarating." He said with a very sweet smile. "I am ready to do this." He said grabbing the reins.
Last edited by Bovice; 04-12-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 10:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Woo, Graduated High School
"Eh, eh, not yet. We have to adjust your stirrups and damn Zera stop bloating." He poked her belly, causing her to exhale the extra air. He adjusted the girth then proceeded to the stirrups. He double checked everything once more, then stepped aside, "Pardon me if my instructions are..complicated. I don't normally teach absolute beginners. This'll be a learning experience for the both of us.

"Now, to get your horse to walk, just gently tap her belly with both heels. Too hard and you'll send her running and you'll fall, but too soft and she'll just ignore you. Sometimes if a horse is being stubborn, you can say 'Walk' as you gently kick their sides. Sometimes a horse is more vocal than touch. Zera is fine with either or both, but it's good to get in the habit of speaking and doing the motion. Go ahead."
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 11:09 PM Reply With Quote  
The Vampire Lord
Default   #51  
Holden nodded and listened to Solomon. He looked forward and said "Walk." As he taped her belly with his heels. She started to move and he was so excited, he felt like a little child.
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 11:32 PM Reply With Quote  
"Careful Holden. Zera is very sensitive to emotion. If you get too riled up, you won't be able to control her...and if you get nervous, she will as well. So just tone it down a notch." He laughed, whistling loudly once. The horse's ears perked up and she picked up her pace from her dragging walk to a more energetic walk.

"That's better. Now to turn your horse, you gently pull on the rein that you want to go. So if you want to turn right, you bring your right hand back towards your wrist." He did the motion a few times with his right, then his left, "Same for left. Again, pressure will vary. Just be careful to not be too rough or you'll make her mouth very sore. Now, I use rubber bits for every day riding, since they're gentler on the mouth. So if you do get a little rough on accident, she should make it out unharmed for the most part. Go on, do a few circles. Feel how she moves and move with her."
Last edited by Evil Tink; 04-15-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 11:38 PM Reply With Quote  
The Vampire Lord
Default   #53  
Holden looked at Solomon to see his motions. "How did he know I was excited?" He thought to himself as he gently pulled the reins to make her go right. He smiled knowing that he was riding a horse. "Ah so much fun." He said as he had her turn left.
Old Posted 04-12-2011, 11:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Solomon smiled, leaning on the fence watching him. He crossed his arms over his chest, "Now you're not ready to trot, but in a few days we'll be ready for that. Now to stop, if you ever need to, just gently pull back on both reins and say 'Whoa' or 'Ho' for short. Just practice that; stopping, going; turning. Just enjoy the ride."

He smiled slightly, watching him. He could feel Holden's happiness rolling over the arena. It felt good to make someone this happy. As a vampire, he wasn't usually the one making the other happy. He dearly wanted to saddle up Rilov and ride him, but with his knees, it made him so nervous. He would never forgive himself if he caused that majestic creature anymore pain.

After awhile, Solomon stood forward, his arms still crossed, "Hey Holden, when's your birthday by the way? I'm just curious..oh! How old are you as well? You never told me."
Old Posted 04-13-2011, 12:00 AM Reply With Quote  
The Vampire Lord
Default   #55  
Holden did as he was told, he pulled back gently and said "Woah". The horse stopped and he wanted to jump up and down but knew it would hurt the horse. "Umm today is the 12th right? Ya it is never mind, this Friday the 15th is my birthday, I will be twenty-one." Holden said with a smile as he turned the horse to go by Solomon. "Woah." He said as he gently pulled back on the reins. "How do I get down?" He asked looking around.
Old Posted 04-13-2011, 12:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Solomon laughed as he came over, "You can't yet. Zera needs to be fully exercised to keep up her stamina. Ah I'm kidding. Just lean forward and do the backwards of getting up. It's a bit of a long way down, but don't worry, I'm here to catch you." He winked, stepping over ready to help him down, "Oh, make sure your feet are out of the stirrups...you'll regret if they remain in."
Old Posted 04-13-2011, 12:15 AM Reply With Quote  
The Vampire Lord
Default   #57  
Holden smiled as he took his right foot out of the stirrup and used his left foot to help himself sit up. Holden swung his right leg over and landed on the ground he pulled his left foot out. He stumbled a bit but got his balance back right away. He walked up to Solomon and looked him right in the face. "For making this the best date ever, I wanna give you something." He said as he grabbed Solomon's waist and pulled him into a deep kiss.

"Oh my... Holden Michael Evans! What in the hell do you think your doing?" A woman yelled.
Holden jumped and broke the kiss. "Fuck." He said under his breath. "Hello mom, and Amanda." He said with a ashamed tone in his voice.
"Get your ass over here now you are coming home this instant." She said stomping her foot.
"Mom I'm twenty years old you can't tell me what to do." He said looking at Solomon.
"You live in my house, also if you don't stop this foolishness now you are out of the will." She said very angry.
"Fine mom." He said looking at Solomon. "I'm sorry, but here call me or visit me anytime." He said pulling out a marker and writing on Solomon's hand. He started to walk away and gave him a wink.
Old Posted 04-13-2011, 12:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Solomon was slightly taken aback by the kiss, but certainly enjoyed it while it lasted. He glanced over at the woman he called his mother. He was very irritated that this woman had interrupted their date. He was not through with his time with Holden.

He snapped his fingers twice, and suddenly the horse whinnied and charged the fence, but avoiding Solomon and Holden. It was an intimidation thing, and a distraction. "Sorry Holden, but I'm not through with you yet" When Zera had came by, he quickly undid the reins, his hands and body moving so fast he was a blur the humans. He wouldn't want her to trip now, right?

He dropped the reins, and while the horse bucked and charged the fence where Holden's mother and little sister were standing, kicking up loads of dust, Solomon jumped forward, grabbing Holden and picking him up, swinging his legs up so his other arm would rest under his knees. He winked at the boy, "Not a good first impression on your mother, but dammit she had to interrupt us."

He quickly turned around, using Zera as a shield as he ran to the other side of the arena, quite quickly at that, and jumped the fence with a simple leap. As he cleared the fence, he gave a loud whistle, causing the horse to finally settle down. He took Holden to an area off limits to carnival guests and set him down, peering around the corner of the build, "Well! That was exhilarating!"
Last edited by Evil Tink; 04-13-2011 at 01:32 AM.
Old Posted 04-13-2011, 12:38 AM Reply With Quote  
The Vampire Lord
Default   #59  
Before he knew what has going on he was in a area within seconds. "Did you just jump that fence carrying me?" Holden said pointing at the fence. "Shit I'm definitely gonna be out of the will now." Holden said grabbing his knees almost starting to hyperventilate. He looked back up at Solomon, "How in the hell did you do that?" He asked starting to hyperventilate. "I... I... Am so dead." He said in between breaths.
Old Posted 04-13-2011, 12:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Solomon bit his lip, "I'm sorry..it was..impulse." He placed a hand on Holden's shoulder, "Look, I can take you back, if you really want to." Now he felt bad. Damn his impulsive behavior. Now Holden would most likely get in trouble with his mother, and he knew she was not past ditching him from the will. "Perhaps..I could talk to her.."

He glanced back to the area, able to see it perfectly with his heightened vision. Jack was already taking Zera inside to untack and groom her, "Good, he got to her before the fair people." He sighed, leaning against the building and letting his legs collapse, slowly sliding to the ground.
Old Posted 04-13-2011, 12:54 AM Reply With Quote  
The Vampire Lord
Default   #61  
Holden sighed gaining his ability to breath again. "No it's fine. I will go back in a second." He said walking close to Solomon. "Now listen to me please, that was very sweet of you." He said with a sweet smile. "Even thought the ride to my car will be hell." He said with another sigh. "I know my dad he won't let her cut me out of the will over me kissing someone." He said lifting Solomon's head up. "It was a great kiss." He said with a wink and leaned in for another. He broke the kiss after a few seconds. "I have to go now but I will see you tomorrow, or tonight your choice." Holden said with a wink as he ran off to go find his mother. "I hope she doesn't call the police." He said running up to her. "Mom I'm sorry." he said as he approached her.
"Holden Michael Evans you are in so much trouble." She said grabbing his arm very hard and started to drag him to her car.
Old Posted 04-13-2011, 01:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Solomon sighed as he left, I'm going to definitely have some words with that woman one of these days. He finally stood, brushing the dust off him from the fiasco in the arena. He rolled his eyes, watching Holden and his mother walk by. His hands were deep in his pockets as he watched quietly. Perhaps...I won't make this a one night thing. He really is a sweet boy.

He smiled slightly, calmly strolling back to the stables, standing a few yards away, "Jack! You in there?"

Soon the man came out, "Yeah?"

"She alright? Luckily I got Holden off before she went nuts." He sighed, "And cut the reins so she wouldn't hurt herself."

Jack nodded, wiping his brow, "Yeah, she's fine now. Something must've spooked her. You going to head out then?"

He nodded, turning on his heel to walk away. "Oh! See what you can find in the listings...Alright? Nothing mega fancy, but I don't want a dog either. I trust your judgment." He held up his hand, his index, middle finger, and thumb were extended and his other two fingers were folded in. He gave a quick twist of his wrist and continued onward to the entrance. "Now for a marvelous walk home,," he said with sarcasm.

Now, he could easily just teleport, but why waste the energy? He was in no rush. He was just saddened that he couldn't spend more time with Holden. He pulled his pack of cigarettes from his breast pocket, and a lighter. He pulled one out, lit it up, replaced the packet, and took a long drag. What a day
Old Posted 04-13-2011, 01:13 AM Reply With Quote  
The Vampire Lord
Default   #63  
Holden's mother threw Holden in the car, she helped Amanda in. She got in and started the car. "You young man are to never see that guy again. If you do I will write you out of the will faster than you can say sorry." She said as she sped away. "How dare you embarrass me and your father like that huh?" She said punching the steering wheel. "When we get home you are grounded, you can only leave the house to go to work that is it." She said giving him the evil eye.

"Fine mother." Holden said slightly irritated.
"No it's not fine. You disgust me." She said as she stopped at a stop sign. She turned to him and slapped him hard across the face.
"Fuck!" He yelled grabbing his cheek.
"You should be glad that's the only thing I'm doing to you, wait until your father hears about this." She said as she started driving again. "When I get you to your car you will go straight home, and I will follow you." She said still very angry.
"Whatever." He said looking out the window still holding his cheek.

She pulled up behind his car and waited for him to start moving.
Holden got out and walked to his car and got in. He looked at his phone quickly and saw twenty missed calls, ten voicemails, and thirty texts. "Wow she has been busy." He said starting his car, he quickly texted Alicia telling her to come over to his house in an hour. He put his phone down and headed home.
Old Posted 04-13-2011, 01:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Solomon gently put his hand to his cheek with a frown, How dare she lay a hand on him? I will definitely be speaking with her. He lowered his hand, looking at the address and number written on his pale flesh. Perhaps I will be doing that tonight A devilish smile came across his face. He was going ot have fun, but he had to be careful. He didn't want Holden angry with him.

After about an hour or so, he finally reached his apartment. He sighed, pulling out his key and unlocking the door and stepping inside. He ran his hand through his hair with a deep sigh. He looked around idly, and decided he would take a shower and get the dirt form his hair. He stepped into the bathroom, quickly undressing and hopping in..well not literally of course.
Old Posted 04-13-2011, 01:36 AM Reply With Quote