Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Forward Thinker
Default   #49  
Well, you can use it now, but it's got some issues. :P

I fixed the problem in the old avatar editor.

I'd have had it fixed sooner, but I had missed something rather obvious when looking before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
While I like the features I can hardly navigate or see things, everything looks like chaos in my eyes.

The big black buttons are very distracting as well, my eyes are trying to focus on them instead of my avatar. Double goes for the gradient banner.

I hope design wise everything is more subtle.

Edit: sing your white space and adding a little more distance from boxes will help. You already condensed enough of the boxes by letting item stack on top of each other. There is no need for the smaller box sizes.

For the numbers listing the amount of items is to make it a lower opacity so it doesn't distract from the image.

And while it's nice to see what items we have on in the one box on the bottom left, it makes everything more cluttered and hard to see. If we already have a layering option/button then we don't need the box showcasing the items currently on then.
The styling definitely needs help. It's what I set up right when I started it, and haven't changed... The item icons will be bigger, and I'll find a better way to display the numbers. Also, all the black icons (for save and layers and such) are placeholder...They're simply Material Design icons that I put there to have some sort of button.

That said, I disagree completely about the equipped list. I think it is essential, even with the layering tab. It provides a quick place to find and change what items you have equipped, rather than jumping back and forth between the Layers tab and items.

Also, it's disabled at the moment because there are some hokey issues I haven't worked out, but the equipped list is also drag sortable, although not with as fine grained control (Something that's back/front, you can only sort the front), just meant as a quick little adjustment pane while you plop the items on.
Old Posted 02-09-2017, 10:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
The new avatar system doesn't recognize my halo.
Every time I use it, it takes out my halo.
Old Posted 03-15-2017, 04:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #51  
Hmm... yeah, I know why it's dong that. It'll be fixed in the public version soon.
Old Posted 03-15-2017, 10:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
I just tested it out and I'm in love with it! We'll finally be able to save avatars *u* Also, I love that we won't have to keep scrolling down to find what we have equipped that we'd want to change. An equipped list is seriously going to save a lot of time when changing avatars.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 03-15-2017, 06:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
Default   #53  
How do we equip multiple poses of the same item,
if it's categorized together as numbers? O.o
Old Posted 03-16-2017, 01:54 AM Reply With Quote  
petite fantaisiste
The numbers decrease and the item's still there until all the numbers get used up?

I keep forgetting about this avatar editor existing xD

Old Posted 03-16-2017, 04:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #55  
They are combined in the inventory list, but separated when you equip them. :)
Old Posted 03-16-2017, 10:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Hey guys, remember this thing? Yeah, it's still here!

And while my schedule may have slipped, uh, a lot, I'm working on it again.

Mostly I'll push updates in chunks, but I sorted out a few things in the past couple days that I wanna put out there, because they're kind of important in their basicness.

Changelog 12 Apr:

-Fixed old editor grabbing a closet entry for the working avatar (that made looking at things on both get a little screwy sometimes)
-Fixed unequipping of common items
-Fixed saving of avatar facing: If you saved it as facing out, then by god, it's facing out. No promises if you edit it in the old editor, though.
-Fixed newer items not appearing.
-Fixed all future items from not appearing.
-Fixed Avatar cache not updating when you save. (Means you saw your old avatar for a while after saving...bot not anymore)
Old Posted 04-12-2017, 04:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #57  
Thank you, Toho.
Shamus / 39 yo Irish Male / In an open marriage / 11 Blood suckers Children / 1 Grandson

My late wife's birthday was Valentine's Day. Please pardon me if I seem stressed, moody or out of it. I'm an emotional train wreck right now.

Old Posted 04-12-2017, 04:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Yay! Meaning we can play with the new items in the new editor!
Old Posted 04-12-2017, 04:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #59  
:) Yup! Sure does!

And you're welcome, Shamus. I hope it brings much entertainment.
Old Posted 04-12-2017, 04:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
So, is there an intent after the bugs are worked out to try to increase the space between items? It is a bit more difficult to use in that sense. (vision/eyestrain problems)

Essentially this (new)

Against this (old)

One way to do this would be to make the new buttons on the side about half their size.

...sorry to bring it up.

On another note, I notice that the avatar is flipped 180. The equipped box at the bottom is very useful, actually!
...Is the box of items under the avatar ordered in reverse of the layer stacking? (Intended to replace layer stacking, maybe?)

...Gear and Scene aren't applied/sorted yet, correct? (There is nothing there)

Stacking helps a ton!

...*Likes the Avatar options of face-in/out*
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 04-12-2017, 05:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #61  
Yes, I do intend on adjusting the styling of the page quite a lot. Spacing is a big one. Placement of things is another.

The list under the avatar is currently bugged in its ordering, namely it's reversed. It will also allow reordering like the layer tab.

And I did flip the avatar around, since if it is on that side of the page in the forums, it faces that way.

I think I'll have the item icons all face the same direction as the avatar (so when it is flipped so are they).
Old Posted 04-12-2017, 06:04 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
I think I'll have the item icons all face the same direction as the avatar (so when it is flipped so are they).
that's gonna be weird to get used to, but i like it

Old Posted 04-12-2017, 07:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #63  
great work toho

Old Posted 04-12-2017, 09:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
I second the need for a tutorial. I didn't have any problems with it loading, and getting it to work, but I couldn't figure out how to get the avatar I was working on saved so I could access it quickly in the future.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 04-26-2017, 07:45 PM Reply With Quote