Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Desolation Denizen
Default   #49  
"Well, I was thinking you might want to talk to the one who tried to kill me. I left her tied to a chair in my kitchen... I don't think she bled out. Although..." Tsae cranes her head around to stare across the city again. "We might attract unwanted attention heading back there. I don't know. It didn't seem like a good idea to greet your girlfriend by kicking a hamstrung assassin through her front door."

She shrugs and gets up from her seat, watching him rummage through his belongings. "I don't have anywhere I can go outside the city. If I knew where Skaeye was, I'd have run to her instead, but I haven't seen her since the guild went bottom-up."

Out of habit, Tsaerri snaps forth her pistol and starts spinning it around her finger. "You sure you don't want to, like, send a letter to Captain Swoonyface, or anything?"

Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 09-17-2016, 03:27 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Syrgei stops rummaging for a moment to snicker, then clears his throat.

"I could tell him I'm following a lead, but assuming he doesn't ask outright what it might be he might still want to be kept up on things. Are you comfortable with the Seraph potentially getting involved? On the other hand, he might know where Skaye is, if you would like to speak with her. I've heard some rumours...she may be out in some of the areas of heavy fighting. The Iron Marches maybe? The Queen is trying to work out a peace treaty with the Charr."

He nods to the pistol she is twirling in her hand.

"You make me nervous when you do that."
Old Posted 09-18-2016, 01:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #51  
"Well, it helps me relax, so get over it." Tsae winces, immediately regretting the words, but doesn't bother apologizing. Not a habit she'd prefer to get into, given her propensity for insulting him. "It's not like it shoots unless I tell it too," she adds lamely.

"Anyway." She starts to slowly pace the tiny room, the flat heels of her boots clacking against the floor. "Heading into an active warzone doesn't sound appealing. Did you want to talk to the one I captured, or not? I'm getting claustrophobic in here." Her foot catches on the leg of the chair she'd been sitting in and sends it clattering across the floor. Tsaerri bites back an expletive and lets out a high-pitched sigh instead.

"Maybe I do need that drink..." she mutters.

between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 09-18-2016, 02:20 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Syrgei reaches up to open one of the cupboards above the dresser, revealing a number of bottles, mostly ales and spirits other than wine. "Help yourself."

He tosses a few items from the drawer, stuffs the remainder back into the dresser drawer. "I wouldn't mind speaking to this assassin of yours. Going back might be a risk, but if anyone has been following you, it probably doesn't matter where you go. It might be worth the information.

He puts his hands on his hips and looks at the bundle on the bed, having added his pistols and daggers to the pile.

"I need to change."
Old Posted 09-18-2016, 02:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #53  
Tsae squints at him for a second, and then wanders over to the cabinet. "Oh, you have Elonian wine. That's pretty much all I drink." She stands up on her toes, barely reaching the top shelf to nab the bottle.

She hears his next words and has to fight down a dozen nasty retorts about his awkward seduction techniques before merely squeaking out an uncomfortable, "I'll wait out here," as she slips back out into the hallway. Closing the door behind her, she takes a hard look at the bottle in her hand. Really probably not a good idea, but...

between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 09-18-2016, 03:34 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Syrgei puts his armour on without much thought, clipping on his weapons with habitual motion and then grabbing his staff from the corner where it leans against the wall. He emerges from the room, shades still in his hand.

"Shall we talk to your 'visitor' or do you want me to check in with the Seraph first?"
Old Posted 09-18-2016, 03:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #55  
Tsaerri is taking a hefty swallow of the wine as he comes out. Wiping her mouth with the back of her glove, she answers, "The first one. It was a lot of trouble to capture her, might as well get what we can from her." One more sip. Why did it have to be so gods-damned delicious? "Plus, I mean, you showed me your room, I guess it's only polite to return the favor." Shrugging, she pushes off the wall where she'd been leaning and heads for the stairs down, hoping she doesn't look too wobbly -- it does tend to go to her head pretty quick.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 09-18-2016, 01:08 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
"Then let's get to it." Syrgei closes the door behind him, not bothering to ask about the remainder of the wine.

White Mantle, hmm? I thought those guys were supposed to be a myth? Or long dead at least. So if they are supposed to be against the crown, what did Tsaerri do to make them angry?

Logan would flip.

...Swoonyface.

Syrgei snickers slightly as he follows the mesmer down the stairs.
Old Posted 09-18-2016, 07:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #57  
"Okay, so, like..." Tsaerri is finding herself oddly talkative on the walk back to her home. "Like, why do we even have a queen, anyway? What is she good for? Making speeches? I could do that. Watch."

Clearing her throat loudly, Tsae pitches her already-high voice into a scratchy falsetto. "Denish -- *ahem* Denizens of Divinity's Reach! -- Wow, that's hard to say! -- I, your precious Queen Jennah, would like to issue a royal ploclur, er, procular, proclamation! From this day forward, I shall be banning the wearing of footwear within the city! Good day!"

Pausing to take another swig of the wine, she continues in her normal voice, "But okay, seriously, what is with the whole not wearing shoes thing? No way you're telling me that isn't someone's fetish. Honestly it's just kind of embarrassing that she's representing our country like that. Though, I guess the other races are kinda meh about shoes to begin with. Isn't that weird? Asura have really weird feet, you ever notice that? Hey." She punches Syrgei lightly on the arm to get his attention. "Have you seriously never tried this stuff?" She gesticulates vaguely with the bottle at him. "They put, like," *drink* "drugs in it, or something. Narcolepticals. Wait, is that it? No, that sounds like sleepy popsicles... uh... narcotics! That's the word!"

Suddenly remembering the predicament she was in before she started drinking, the mesmer stops walking, looking aghast and clutching at his sleeve. "I think... dude, I think I might be really drunk right now. I hope I'm acting normal. Am I acting normal? I'm supposed to be being super cautious. Oh-oh goddess, I'm ruining everything, aren't I?" Distressed tears begin welling in her eyes.

between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 09-18-2016, 07:29 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Perhaps I should have taken the bottle away...

Syrgei slips his shades on to hide the fact that his eyes keep getting wider throughout Tsaerri's sudden loquaciousness.

"For someone with a bottle of wine in your hand I'd say you're acting perfectly normal."

Is she?...oh no.

Facing Tsaerri's sudden distress, Syrgei struggles with what to do, wanting both to comfort the young woman but wondering just how cautious he should be should she suddenly decide to resume her normal attitude and shoot him.

He hovers his hand indecisively by her shoulder, "I...it's fine, nothing is happening yet, or being ruined."

HelpHelpHelp.
Old Posted 09-18-2016, 07:52 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #59  
"Gods bless it, where did that useless little—"

The passing crowds were more than willing to part for the energetic golem stomping down the street, but when it came to Gambooge, who was practically the same height as the hunk of junk and just as intimidating, if not twice as much so, every single person in the entire district wanted to get in his way. All he'd wanted to do was take care of the chores. One day without having to deal with any trouble from that overrated safe box.

"Unknown—mesmer—detected."

Oh no.

The elementalist stopped at a corner and looked down either way of the road. The golem he spotted off near a distraught looking couple. Rather, the smaller of the pair looked distraught. And familiar... Oh no.

"Intoxication—detected."

"Bag! Stop it! Get back here!"

"Retrieving—Audio—Output: Go home honey, you're making us all look bad."

Old Posted 09-18-2016, 09:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
"Oh, cool." *sniffle* "You know what's funny? All these tears, but I'm not even sad! Drugs, man, let me tell you!" Tsae nearly doubles over in a fit of giggles, spilling most of the remaining wine in the process.

"And as for you, mister!" She suddenly whirls toward Syrgei, pointing her gun slightly slightly askew and not putting him in any real danger. Her aim lists back and forth carelessly. "Don't think I didn't see that creepy hand! Trying to take advantage of a girl in my... my..." She rubs at her watering eyes ineffectually with her free hand. "Condition. That's it. Just cause I'm... what was it... just cause I'm blitzed on... whatever they put in this stuff... yeah. You better not try that again. I'll fuck you up. Maybe. I don't know."

She retracts the gun and holds it up to her face, staring at it. "I just love this thing, you know. It has a blutterfy on it, isn't that cute?" She holds the barrel up to Syrgei's face so he can see.

between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 09-18-2016, 11:26 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #61  
Syrgei backs off with his hands in the air as Tsaerri rounds on him. Rambling, she leans away and he is about to say something when she turns around again, and he snaps back to where he was before.

"Oh, butterfly, yes."

Can you be less confusing? Please?
Old Posted 09-18-2016, 11:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
It's at that point that she hears the staticy, offensive statement in a voice that's vaguely familiar. Scanning the street through bleary eyes, Tsaerri finds her target and begins stomping over to the round, metallic aggressor. She lets her gun go so she can clench her fists. "Say it again! Come on!" Coming up on the golem, she shoves it with both hands -- moving it not an inch. "I'll fight you right now, fricking golem thinks he can talk to me like that! I don't care. I don't even care! Let's go!" She's hopping in place with her fists raised ridiculously against the mechanical construct.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 09-18-2016, 11:48 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #63  
"Threat—detected. Confirm—attack—mode."

"No!" Gambooge shouted at the golem. Or, he would have shouted, if he wasn't so out of breath. He really had to lay off the starcakes. Catching up to the talking junk pile and, yes, his former guildmates, he needed a few seconds to collect himself, which he took with a hand pressed against the golem's side to keep himself upright. "No- No fighting!"

It was no real surprise when Bag took a single step to the side, making him stumble, his arms flailing wildly. Thankfully, he caught himself before he could crash right into Kryta's smallest mesmer. Who looked ready to knock someone's lights out.

"HA—HA—HA."

"Stuff it!"

Old Posted 09-19-2016, 12:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Blinking at the bizarre sight unfolding before her, Tsaerri decides to kneel down and hold her head, closing her eyes.

"Okay..." she says to no one in particular. "I think I definitely drank too much, I'm for sure hallucinating now. I'm just gonna... sit here for a minute." Something like a poorly-restrained giggle shakes her hunched shoulders.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 09-19-2016, 12:23 AM Reply With Quote