Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Dragon Storm
Default   #49  
...was just about to say that, actually.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 03-25-2014, 05:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Derp
But then...that's just Lawtan's personal endeavor, and not really Trisphee's unique site focus...
Old Posted 03-25-2014, 05:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #51  
I like the ideas brought up in here. Nice brainstorming, guys. *nods*

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Trisphee Site Rules | Sei's Hideout
Old Posted 03-25-2014, 05:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Just leave us alone with Staff..... Alpha hates my rambling.
Old Posted 03-25-2014, 05:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #53  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taletha View Post
But then...that's just Lawtan's personal endeavor, and not really Trisphee's unique site focus...
I'm sure we can come up with something else if Law wants to do that on his own? We have time, as Toho has said Tris has stuff to clean up first before it should even think about moving onto centrepiece focus.

But that's just my two cents. o3o

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 03-25-2014, 06:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
I'm glad we can still brainstorm new ideas. That's why I love Trisphee, we're like a huge family that always wants to help each other.

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Old Posted 03-25-2014, 06:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #55  
>__< I think I mistook Taletha's endeavor, actually...

But, I'll work on the coding, arting, and possibly see about the Trisphee layering preview.
__

__

Old Posted 03-25-2014, 10:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Sounds cool, Lawtan! :'D

The fact that we have moveable layers... I wonder if it makes it harder or easier for that. Hmm...

Old Posted 03-25-2014, 10:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Default   #57  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawtan View Post
>__< I think I mistook Taletha's endeavor, actually...

But, I'll work on the coding, arting, and possibly see about the Trisphee layering preview.
Hey now, if everyone is willing to pool together to make it happen, I don't see why we can't. Thing is, when I was discussing it earlier, I didn't actually mean to fire you all up about it so fiercely...lol. Does that make me...charismatic? >:3

Bur anyway, I mean there's already a couple of artists on Smack Jeeves looking to collaborate with a writer (though, doubt they're expecting a team of writers). That's a good place to start as any other. Or you can always just post "team of writers looking for dedicated artist!."

Usually stuff like that would be ignored, but then you just link this site and tell them its for this, and well...yeah. Kind of a decent portfolio exposure. ;)
Old Posted 03-25-2014, 10:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Oooookay I'm coming into the end of this guys but I was reading and typing madly into notebook to try and get ideas out of my head. So despite my best efforts what you read below may be jumbled and crazy. I'm sleepy so that usually happens but apparently my better rp ideas happen then as well since those ideas are the ones I'm RPing now xD

Commence Jurinjo's Rambling Section!

Avatar Site isn't a good definition I agree. Most people don't know what that means and I'm usually embarassed to explain in real life. If only it were somehow "cool" but then the avatars would have to be the icing and not the cake. People don't come running when you say "ICING!" But scream free cake and you got yourself a crowd. Anyhow this analogy makes me want cake xD

This is shameful but I've been here just after beta ended I believe and you know what? I haven't read a single one of the stories/events. It so huge and intimidating for me. And I not only read books but roleplay. n,n;;

Teletha I love your idea! ...mostly.

While I love the idea of such a webcomic it would require an dedicated team paid just to them. Not to mention the writers and consistent art style. Then again a consistent art style can easily be thrown out so long as quality is kept consistent (Gaia does this for their comic well). The beginning of such a story for Trisphee though...my brain is full of different ideas. Immediately I am thinking drowtales right now as an example towards this end. Which in my mind is a successful webcomic with a rich fictional world I want to learn more about. If you don't know of it recommend checking it out real quick. It is primarily a webcomic and a good one. Now it's a full blown world with non-canon comics on the side where players can nominate choices and vote what happens next. Moderators sometimes curbing the excitement of the users to keep things from derailing. There's also a RP comic feature I was part of for awhile. I have my own drow in scene apparently pole dancing xD And before I left they were looking into creating a "game" for the RP comic or something. It was still in the planning stages so I'm not sure how it panned out. So as success goes I personally think drowtales sets a lot of good examples towards Taletha's idea despite drowtales not being an avatar site but a place primarily drawing in geeks and roleplayers (erotic fiction section of that site aside aheh ^^; )

I was a moderator once for another avatar site. While I wasn't intricately involved with monetary stuff I got enough of it to feel the weight of trying to fund an avatar site. Hiring artists in particular is difficult. Because...of reasons I'm not going to bother you with.

Random thought: incorporating people is done by artix. Admittedly it's usually all staff who get characters they do use item ideas created by users and they get creditted in game.

I see a big problem with the above ambitions is losing sight of this Trisphee we love. And well what is actually do-able? And what's do-able without essentially rebooting the site from ground zerio?

Also regarding games I loved the community-ness of games on Gaia. Most friends I ever made was via jigsaw puzzles. <3 With inflation in mind though does Trisphee want to award aurum for completetion? Probably not. But just a though what about token items? Token can't be traded and users can be limited to just the neat things in the token shop. (like a gift shop for gaming). Such an idea though might need some restructuring of the token shop and system but they would be minor. To keep inflation balanced. Afterall token items can still be traded.
Old Posted 03-25-2014, 11:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Default   #59  
That's the thing I have to put out. If we go through with this, we'll have to start from scratch. No one is gonna want to read the comic if the prerequisite is several volumes worth of story. It'll have to be completely re-done, and you know what, maybe that's exactly what it needs: More accessibility.

In any case, I'll mull over this further for a day before I open up a dedicated thread to actually get some people in on this (It was Law's idea! ...Kind of!).
Old Posted 03-25-2014, 11:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Yeah, I think starting from scratch would be the best idea. Besides this way you'd be able to have control over the entire story from the beginning.

Honestly though, I'd read every chapter when I have the time. :) I'd especially be interested in reading it if what you guys did was take the Trisphee world and rather than using NPCs, used users that wanted to be a part of the story. ;)

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 03-26-2014, 12:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #61  
^This idea. Totes to this idea.
(Tried to say that earlier in messages, but headache made my head...speech...thing not work completely.)
__

__

Old Posted 03-26-2014, 12:18 AM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Lol. >_> That's pretty much the same idea I had: The people are the characters! And what they do, how they act, their role in the story is directly based off of how they interact in the forums. :3

So let's say we get an uber persistent troll pissant who keeps creating alts only to be banned: We have the comic's resident subject of abuse and torment!

Or...me, a totally badass mentor figure who scalps and takes names. >:3
Old Posted 03-26-2014, 12:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #63  
Well then, looks like the two of you are gonna have a fun time observing and putting this together. :) I wish you both(?) the best of luck with this project or whatever you wanna call it. :P

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 03-26-2014, 12:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taletha View Post
That's the thing I have to put out. If we go through with this, we'll have to start from scratch. No one is gonna want to read the comic if the prerequisite is several volumes worth of story. It'll have to be completely re-done, and you know what, maybe that's exactly what it needs: More accessibility.

In any case, I'll mull over this further for a day before I open up a dedicated thread to actually get some people in on this (It was Law's idea! ...Kind of!).
Only here a day (supposedly) and already brainstorming a hurricane xD

That's what I was trying to get at about a beginnging. The artist of my fav comic (Calvin & Hobbes) once said something about writing himself into a corner. Anywho...does this mean y'all are going to read through all that story stuff o.o
Old Posted 03-26-2014, 12:39 AM Reply With Quote