Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It's over 9000!
Default   #49  
"Believe me, when my mom says she's going to do something she'll do everything in her power to do it. Trying to help her would only end up with her glaring at us. She's just excited that I have someone over since I haven't hand friends or anything here in a long while." Walking over to the piano he strokes the cover to the keys, debating whether to play or not. "We have a spare practice guitar if you want to try it out, don't know the last time its been toned though. It's in that cabinet with a couple other guitars. Sometimes my dad's buddies will come over and get a 'spur of the moment' playing session going on. I think they just really like this room because it looks out over the woods like my room does."

Old Posted 01-13-2015, 09:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Vincent chuckles a bit at Don's words about his mother. "Why haven't you? It can't be from lack of friends....plenty of complete dicks have tons of friends." He's assuming Don has some at least when those dicks have so many friends. He kind of perks up at the guitar bit before padding over to the cabinet to get it. "Well, it is a nice view so I can't blame them." He says simply. Once he has the guitar out, he plays the dueling banjo bit from Deliverance.
Old Posted 01-13-2015, 10:21 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #51  
Don doesn't say anything to that and watches Vincent as he makes his way to the cabinet. He can't help but smile when Vincent plays the tune on the guitar. "Pretty good fro someone who hasn't played for a while, know any songs that includes the piano? If not I can just follow along with you." Hearing Vincent play was making him itchy to play himself, even more so because of the spur of the moment playing he had earlier that day.

Old Posted 01-13-2015, 10:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Vincent is smiling himself, just happy to be around instruments and all again. "Ah...I can't think of anything at the moment that I know how to play..." He chuckles a bit sheepishly. "But then again, the only person I had to play with played the guitar too..." So he didn't think about songs like that. "And I'm not even sure what I want to play." He says tilting his head a bit as he tries to think of something that would go well with piano.
Old Posted 01-13-2015, 10:56 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #53  
"Then just strum a tone, I'll do my best to go along with it." Sitting down on the bench he motions to a backed stool for Vincent to sit in and lifts the cover for the keys. He tests a couple keys, smiling when he sees that his parents still kept it tuned even though he hasn't played it in years. He listens to the tone that Vincent plays, memorizing the rhythm so that when Vincent starts the next verse he can join in.

Old Posted 01-14-2015, 05:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
"Um....okay then..." Vincent is a bit nervous, mostly because it's been so long...and from what Don has said, he can't match him. Anyway, he moves to the stool, sitting down before he starts playing a tune, though he's doing his best to stay away from the Deliverance/Dueling Banjos creepiness.
Old Posted 01-15-2015, 02:48 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #55  
Listening to the playing for the first few verses, Don warms up his hands, stretching them to get them ready to play. When the verses start a third time Don begins playing, syncing the piano's melody to the sound of the guitar. He plays with Vincent for a while, the girls adding their howls from time to time to go with the song. When they finish playing Don lets out a relaxed sigh, as fit he could finally get some kind of weight off his chest.

"I was so surprised! I heard the piano and didn't think Don could be possibly be playing since its been so long, but you two played beautifully together!" Don's mother was standing there, her eyes glittering with unshed tears.

"Mom, who's watching the food?"

"...SHOOT!" She makes a made dash downstairs, amazingly not falling or tripping in her heels.

Old Posted 01-15-2015, 08:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Vincent just plays, kind of watching Don, waiting for him to join in. He's almost thinking he won't before he finally does join in. He just smiles and keeps on playing, chuckling a bit when he hears the wolves/dogs howling along a bit. "We had vocal accompaniment." He says, chuckling a bit.

He kind of jumps and squeaks, not expecting Don's mother having not heard her sneaking up on them or anything. But then he starts laughing after Don brings up the food.
Old Posted 01-15-2015, 08:24 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #57  
"Well, seems like everyone enjoyed that show." Don chuckles a bit, a little surprised that the dogs joined in, but not surprised about his mom's reaction. "And sorry about that, should have warned you that mom might do something like that. She can always tell when its me playing the piano, even as a kid. I guess its the feeling I put into playing, it just sounds different compared to everyone else. Do you want to try another song or do you want to do something else?" He plays his fingers along the keys, letting each note ring out strong and clear. As he played more and more his confidence in playing grows.

Old Posted 01-15-2015, 10:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Vincent just smiles. "The dogs felt like singing tonight." He just likes that, apparently, the dogs enjoyed the show too. "It's alright....especially since I kind of did the same thing earlier." He says, chuckling a bit sheepishly as he thinks about how he just followed the music. "Well, if you want to play more I can." He doesn't mind either way, though he is happy to get to play the guitar a bit again. He missed it.
Old Posted 01-15-2015, 10:45 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #59  
"Alright, then same as before, you play a couple verses and then I'll join in. It's just easier this way so that I can plan out how I'm going to follow along with you. And when my dad gets home later tonight, if you don't mind staying that late, maybe my dad can help you out with the guitar since you don't know many songs." He's hoping that Vincent can stay for a while after dinner, he's greatly enjoying Vincent's company, even more so getting to play together like this. He hopes that later in the future he can have more chances like this to preform with someone, even more so Vincent since he's getting really attached to him. Realizing this Don blushes a bit, not sure why he should be embarrassed.

Old Posted 01-15-2015, 10:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Vincent nods a bit. "Alright then." He doesn't mind, they're having fun. "Well, that's up to you, as long as you haven't gotten tired of me by then or something." He says, laughing a bit. He tilts his head a bit when the other blushes. "Are you alright? Is it too warm in here or something?" Of course, it doesn't cross his mind that the other might be blushing for some reason.
Old Posted 01-16-2015, 12:43 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #61  
"Um, yeah, I'm fine. And I don't mind you staying, I haven't had someone over in a long time, so its good to have someone to talk to about things since my parents are usually so busy. Mom had a meeting today so I was supposed to make dinner since she has a ton of work to do now, but with you coming over she's giving up that time for work so that we can hang out. I'll be washing dishes afterwards though because I'd feel bad if I didn't at least do that." Rubbing his hands together he gets ready for the next tune Vincent plays so he can follow along.

Old Posted 01-16-2015, 11:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
"Okay, if you're sure..." Vincent says, talking both about him being alright and Vincent staying. "Why haven't you had someone over. You got to have some friends..." Vincent doesn't really, but once the foster parents weren't getting any more money, they couldn't afford to let him stay anymore so he had to leave. He was expecting it though so it wasn't a shock. He frowns a bit. "I could've tried to cook at least." He kind of mumbles before starting another tune.
Old Posted 01-18-2015, 11:47 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #63  
"...My friends from high school kind of drifted away from me. Less and less they wanted to hang out, and the more they were either working, spending time with their girlfriends or boyfriends and less they were interested in being around me. I guess I was the only one to not grow up after high school and still behave like I did back then. Then again most of my friends were the sons and daughters of large business owners, and had to prepare to take over the company. And my family's rule of thumb is that guests never cook or tend to the home, its considered rude in our family. Kind of an old tradition, but one I very much like to be honest." Listening to the tune, he waits until the third verse begins before joining in, much like before. The sound rings out clearly and creates an interesting harmony with their playing.

Old Posted 01-19-2015, 12:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
"Well, that sucks balls." Vincent says simply. "Even if that was the case...if I was in the same spot, I'd try to keep in contact a bit. Maybe not as much as before, but friends are important." Marriages can end, companies can fail, so friends are a bit important. "Yeah, but I don't mind helping...besides, I'm eating the food too." He feels like he should try to help a bit, but he isn't going to force it or anything.
Old Posted 01-19-2015, 12:35 AM Reply With Quote