Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #6033  
Juneberry: I can 100% relate to the clutter and feeling of being overwhelmed. I've been slowly chipping away at my clutter. The worst of it at the moment is my insane yarn and fabric stashes (which I'm doing better at using, though I do need to pick up a couple pieces of fabric for specific projects...) and also the stack of vhs tapes, old xbox and games, and old tv. That I literally haven't used in over 2 years.
Some of the vhs tapes go back to a friend. And the rest, I'll probably return to my dad's house (the vhs taped that are recorded from tv) next time I go there and donate to goodwill or something.
I have plans for getting my apartment in better shape. A lot of it means replacing my shitty plastic storage bins with proper wood cabinets. And if I can, get some decent wooden craft tables as well so I can convert my living room into a craft/nail painting/reading area. And my bedroom can then hopefully be "opened up" a bit to accommodate a bed upgrade and a free-standing closet that I can use to hold my clothes for the current season. As my closet kinda sucks in terms of proper hanging storage and it'll make downsizing my wardrobe easier if I sort my items into seasonal categories. Spring/summer and fall/winter.

At first I though it was just a normal headache but after a 2 hour "nap" it had just gotten stronger. So I spent most of the day in between denial and sleeping then took something for the migraine around 3 or 4pm.
I'm grateful that they don't hit me too often. This is either my first or second since 2022 started.
Today I have a little tension/borderline mini headache at the base of my skull, but that should fade out through today. And thanks! Gonna try to talk myself out of buying a ton of fabric before heading over to Target to buy some new tights and/or leggings for work and possibly a couple of shirts. And see if they have any furniture that I might want. Oh and check their food storage to see if they have any containers I may want. XP
I need to not spend too much, but wanna price stuff out at least.

Lol. Sorry I got kinda rambly there.
Old Posted 04-04-2022, 03:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
working on a prop for one of my players' backstories, which will become relevant at some point. I'm making a leather journal, filled with sentences written in Abyssal, which the player's character doesn't speak, which was penned by the PC's son, as the son slowly descended into madness induced by a demon lord. which lead to increased paranoia and culminated in the son attacking the PC's wife and killing a bunch of students of the PC and the PC's wife. The son then came out of it after fleeing and finding himself at a temple of Moradin, where the priests managed to remove the madness. the son's been atoning for his actions since, and blames himself for what happened that day.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 04-04-2022, 05:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Default   #6035  
If you like potatoes, just buy a sack of potat, and some shredded cheese and butter. Poke some holes in a potat, microwave it for some amount of time, abd have baked potat for dinner. Cheap and easy.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 04-04-2022, 08:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
hey there, Juneberry!

i'm a lazy cook. i bake occasionally.
basically, i feed the cats dinner, goof off on a few forums/online pet sites, and crochet. i never realised how much i fidget until i started crocheting.

now that I've tweaked my retail job schedule, i work mostly about 11 to 3 friday and saturday and 10 to 2ish sunday. then my office job is monday-thursday from 9 to 3. i haven't figured out how to crochet in my sleep, but when my boss at my office job is out, I'll bring my crochet. XD

I'm glad hubby works too - he goes back the office tuesday april 5th for the first time in two years, he's been working from home since then. i think he'll miss all the cats.

currently reading: Popcorn and Poltergeists by Nancy Warren (#48) | currently watching:
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 04-04-2022, 09:22 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6037  
There are also recipes for cooking in a coffee maker.

My favourite no cook recipe uses a can of good soup (not the kind you dilute), corn or rice chips, and shredded meaty type stuff. You crunch the chips and put them in a casserole, put on the meaty type stuff, and then dump the soup on top. Let it sit a bit, season to taste, and eat it. If you're not a barbarian like me, you can nuke it a bit.

EDIT: This guy claims this meal is very inexpensive but filling.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Last edited by Tam I am; 04-05-2022 at 01:59 AM.
Old Posted 04-05-2022, 12:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
I just put those bags of microwave rice (Uncle Ben's, etc) into canned soup. Generally I put *the entire bag* of rice into a single can, because I eat a lot, but that's a lot of carbs, and it soaks up all the soup pretty fast.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 04-05-2022, 02:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #6039  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
I just put those bags of microwave rice (Uncle Ben's, etc) into canned soup. Generally I put *the entire bag* of rice into a single can, because I eat a lot, but that's a lot of carbs, and it soaks up all the soup pretty fast.
huh, i'll have to ask my mother to give that a go tbh.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 04-05-2022, 02:27 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Yeah, I don't have a microwave, so my summer meals are usually thrown together uncooked.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 04-05-2022, 03:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #6041  
another cheap, easy meal: those Maruchan ramen packs, and a can of the good soup. combine in a big bowl, let the noods soak up the liquid, and eat. can be especially hearty and filling if you use one of their meat and 'taters ones.

Also, I am working on a VERY extensive and kinda labor-intensive project right now. I have a BUNCH of Victorian-era Women's periodicals from Germany that have supplemental patterns included. The way the patterns are included is there's a bunch of 'em on one "insert", and you basically trace 'em out onto a separate piece of paper.

Someone took the time to digitize the whole mess of 'em, and I'm working on the 1886 collection. I'm 10 patterns in. on the first insert. I'm tracing from my laptop screen, and assembling the individual pattern pieces as I go. my hands are already a bit sore, but I'm keeping track of where I am. just in the 1886 issue, there's 47 or 48 (I kinda lost count) inserts.

I'm going to be at it for awhile. I started going at around 1AM. I can tell what some pieces are supposed to be, based on what I know about Victorian-era patterns, like figure 9 and 10 are sleeve and undersleeve patterns, respectively. I'm going to get figure 10 done, then go to bed.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 04-05-2022, 04:18 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
Kaderin Triste: First off, I love your name. Can I Just mention that briefly? Yes? Good.

My room's a disaster with all sorts of stuff. Old prescriptions, boxes of nonsense, you name it. It's so bad I can't even walk to my bed, which is just a mattress on the floor to begin with.

My dad and I are actually apartment hunting/home hunting with my aunt's help right now. Aunt said she'd help me buy a low income house if we can find one, but she's also looking at rentals for us either way until then, because our apartment management sucks. :D
Old Posted 04-05-2022, 05:28 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #6043  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam I am View Post
There are also recipes for cooking in a coffee maker.

My favourite no cook recipe uses a can of good soup (not the kind you dilute), corn or rice chips, and shredded meaty type stuff. You crunch the chips and put them in a casserole, put on the meaty type stuff, and then dump the soup on top. Let it sit a bit, season to taste, and eat it. If you're not a barbarian like me, you can nuke it a bit.

EDIT: This guy claims this meal is very inexpensive but filling.
Huh, didn't think to cook in a coffee maker. xD The more you know

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 04-05-2022, 05:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
I have so much to do today, hobbies included! I have lots of writing to do (including novel work and a poem with the prompt 'crush'), a couple of games to test for friends, a phone call to make... Will I actually get any game dev done today? This may be day 3 in a row of not doing anything with that one...
Old Posted 04-05-2022, 09:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #6045  
been playing a lot of brawlhalla in order to try and get the starlight colour scheme for rayman.

Old Posted 04-05-2022, 09:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
I played Stardew Valley all day yesterday pretty much with my friend. I have two games to test, but I kind of want to play a totally unrelated game. :'D
Old Posted 04-05-2022, 09:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Default   #6047  
factorio is wildly addicting.

Old Posted 04-05-2022, 09:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Hakuna matata
I've never played Factorio. Is it similar to Satisfactory? Do you know? I ask because I own the latter and haven't played it yet, and am worried if I should based on addictive factor. xD
Old Posted 04-05-2022, 09:35 AM Reply With Quote