Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #5521  
Tam: of course you can nab photos to share!

Now is just the anxiety of waiting, but I'm trying to remain stoic about it and remind myself that I've done all I can and what happens, happens whether I get the job or not.

Also trying to deal with some shoulder/neck pain, which at first I wasn't sure what had happened, but I think it was a combination of several things over the weekend: general stress and tension, measuring out over $1200 of fabric on Friday, event cleanup (pulling table linens & chair covers, folding down tables, stacking chairs, etc) on Fri night, and then folding chair sashings for storage on Saturday. It really only impacted my right side, which I thought was odd at first, but it is the side I get the worst tension issues on anyway and is the side that the fabric measuring would have used the most as I rolled the bolts out and back up. Am trying to not overuse that arm/shoulder, but now work wants me to fold chair covers tonight which won't help any xP

Also not helping probably: playing animal crossing and working on a new dragon baby using one of the new O'Go yarns (because they have 5 colors per ring and I like doing 5 colors per dragon a lot so figured I could maybe do some fun coordinated dragons with those). I have back, 2 arms, most of 1 leg, and about 1/3 of the belly done so far. XD

Den: That is a lot of keychains. And not a whole lot of time. Hopefully they're a pretty quick and easy project?
Old Posted 08-24-2021, 08:13 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Den, I just finished helping my employer with an event here. She has another one coming up in a month or two. Not many, compared to how many festivals and events this city usually has, but it's a start.

Thanks, Kaderin! Also, owwww! *sympathy* Coordinated dragon babies sound cute. Did you know there's glow in the dark yarn now?

*cuddling a vintage teddy bear named Buttercup*
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 08-24-2021, 08:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5523  
It feels a little better today than yesterday so it's slowly healing, but probably will be a week or two to fully return to normal.

Yes! I want to buy some to see how soft it would be because I don't like using anything too rough, especially for plushies.
I also saw that there's another brand out now that has uv color change yarn like the stuff I just bought only the new one is a cotton yarn instead of wool. And I felt it a few weeks ago and it's really soft and I want to buy a ton of it, but don't have a lot of money to spend on yarn right now (and also need to use more of what I have anyway). Lol
Old Posted 08-24-2021, 08:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Den: That is a lot of keychains. And not a whole lot of time. Hopefully they're a pretty quick and easy project?
Yeah, two of the patterns are one-piece patterns. the one takes a little longer than just cut out and put an eyelet in, but it's still about a 5-10 minute task. the third pattern takes longer because multiple pieces, and it has to be sewn together.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 08-24-2021, 08:53 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5525  
Cotton yarn makes lovely plushies. I've been using dishcloth yarn.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 08-25-2021, 02:38 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I don't generally use cotton yarns as when they get older, they have a tendency to get brittle/more prone to breakage. I had an older cotton dishcloth yarn break on me twice while in the middle of making a simple dishcloth. So I quit using that type of yarn. Forever.
I want the uv color change ones really bad though. I could do cute summer clothes/accessories and possibly a full sized plushie as I recall the price of the yarn being much more affordable than the wool ones I bought (though those were also discontinued which didn't help). Hopefully it'll be available for a while. If everything goes my way though, I can possibly buy some next month.

And that reminds me, I need to find some fleece and see about lining my hats with it though I'm not sure how to go about sewing the fleece to the looser knit stitches and I suspect I'd have to hand-stitch it so the machine doesn't snag the yarn. A neighbor requested a fleece-lined hat.
Old Posted 08-25-2021, 11:34 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5527  
*now giving worried looks to the babies I made with cotton yarn*

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 08-25-2021, 09:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I'm sure they'll be fine.
As long as they're not played with super hard, I doubt they'd actually break.

My comment on cotton yarns was more regarding to working with it when it's older and more fragile rather than items made with it when it's still fresh as the cotton will be used to the shape it's in as it gets older.
Whereas trying to stretch older cotton into stitches and shapes will likely snap it as it doesn't have the flexibility anymore.
And that's probably more likely to be an issue with loom knitting where the yarn has to stretch a certain distance between pegs tbh rather than needle knitting or crochet.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 08-26-2021 at 12:04 PM.
Old Posted 08-25-2021, 10:05 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5529  
Ahhh, yeah. It doesn't need to stretch much when being crochet.

Since Sunday evening I've started and finished three amigrumi that people asked me to make, including a morel mushroom. And since yesterday I've nearly finished the big mushi with legs that I started during the Fringe Festival last week. The big mushi is for adoption, and the shape of it is so satisfying. I hope to someday make one for myself from the same cotton yarn I made little Tessie from. I've got other projects that have to be finished first before I can start that one, though, including a rib knit doll scarf for one of the big girls.

My friend's pastor brought me a box of my friend's stuff that his roommate packed up for me. His three teddy bears, a painting, an old fashioned photo, some posters, and the green button down shirts that Arnold was so fun to hug when he wore. I cried, because seeing those shirts, which were some of his favourites, just brought it home again that he's gone.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 08-26-2021, 10:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Not to completely change the subject but also my brain can only handle this one bit of information right now....

I'm gonna be a library clerk!!!! 8D
I sign the official documents on Monday, have a little training week after next, and officially start on the 13th!
Old Posted 08-27-2021, 09:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #5531  
Conga Rats, Kaderin!

Quote:
Old Posted 08-28-2021, 06:46 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Grats! Woot!

Similar news, I guess? My boss is looking into her supplies for beads and eyes, and has given me permission to use the Square machine for selling mushies, after which she'll give me the cash. She's wanting to help me get my "business" going.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 08-29-2021, 12:20 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #5533  
I found a cute simple pattern for tiny toad plushies and now I wanna make some uwu

Congrats Kaderin!

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 08-29-2021, 08:57 AM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
What kind of toad?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 08-29-2021, 11:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5535  
Thanks everyone!

Hey, Tam! That's awesome! Supportive bosses are the best!

Ooooh toad plushies! Do it! Make a toad army!
Old Posted 08-29-2021, 12:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
I found a frog/toad pattern on facebook that looks super easy and cute...

Quote:
Old Posted 08-29-2021, 06:32 PM Reply With Quote