Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

A*DIC*TED
Default   #529  
Hey Choco ^^

Personally it was the first manga I bought, so it has an 'emotional part' to me because of that lol. I've only seen the first season on dvd I think, and managed to get my hand via internet on a poor quality version of the movie...gotta admit, I quite liked the one with Kurama's past, we got to know more about him ^^

And poltergeist report is the movie actually Choco ^^
~Artic Storm Knight of Chaos~

Art by the amazing littl3chocobo, all drop to your knees and venerate her now!
Do so and you shalt not be turned to icicles!...maybe

[My Quest]

Old Posted 06-28-2011, 08:46 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
It's the second movie I think. It's the first YYH thing I watched and I didn't know at the time it was a series. Has some bad lines in it and animated bad acting (not sure how that works) but it's pretty good, or I thought so at the time. At that point my sister and I were watching so much anime that I kept track of all the movies I watched and what I thought of them in a book which I have yet to find. I had the categories of "good, bad, better, whatever, excellent." Most of the movies landed in the better and whatever categories. The favorites we had were Akira, Poltergeist Report, Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll, The Art of Fighting, and Record of Lodoss War.

My sister was a big fan of Heroic Legend of Arislan but we never got that far into it. All the shows we watched came from one store that's entire selling point was their anime collection. We watched movies more than series since we didn't want to sit through them all. The only series I've watched all the way through were Gundam Wing and Witch Hunter Robin.
Old Posted 06-28-2011, 08:47 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #531  
oh *feels silly*

dude, you may consider watching cowboy bebop, the animation is a little wierd but it is pretty cool^^
Old Posted 06-28-2011, 08:50 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I'm a stickler for quality animation. It needs to be at a certain standard or it drives me nuts. I can't sit through an episode of Naruto. I tried. I want to punch doll boy in the face sometimes because he drives me nuts. Bleach is marginally better. There was one guy that I used to see on my commute to university that I dubbed "Bleach guy" because his perportions were the same as one of the characters, I swear. Uber skinny legs, no waist to speak of, and a triangle shaped torso on top.
Old Posted 06-28-2011, 08:56 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #533  
Hmmm, Gundam Wing was one of the first anime I actually watched along with Escaflowne (go YTV XD). Witch Hunter Robin have a bad ending though...

Hmmm, cowboy bebop, I think I have the episodes somewhere, just never got the time to watch it I guess...

[My Quest]

Old Posted 06-28-2011, 08:57 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
you may not like it, proportions are weird haha, i was just thinking the feeling of it may have worked
Old Posted 06-28-2011, 09:01 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #535  
I didn't mind the ending, though it was one of those series where I really wish North American censors weren't so picky about words related to death. Makes for some cheesy lines. Some of the scenes in Gundam Wing that seemed odd to me made so much more sense when I saw the uneditted versions on youtube. Oh, there's blood there! I get it now! Sailor Moon and Pokemon were starting to drive me nuts so I was quite happy when Gwing came along. It was the first anime I actually tried to catch the episodes of and recorded the whole thing.

In hindsight, Sailor Moon would be the first anime I saw, but we didn't recognize it as anime at the time. The one that got us interested in it, (well, got my sister interested, I freaked out) was Ninja Scroll, which we happened to catch on Teletoon at 2am. I remember watching the beginning and we were both thinking "what the heck is this? It's so cool!" having never seen that style of animation before, or anything more adult oriented in animation. I lasted up until the dude got his arms ripped off. That was it for me. That was in the late 90s I believe.
Old Posted 06-28-2011, 09:02 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
@Choco: I think I've seen one episode, wasn't that bad, but I just never got the time to watch the rest ^^;

@QMC: I think the anime I went 'OMG, look, it's COOOLLL, I gotta record it NOW!' was InuYasha, I randomnly happened to switch to YTV and it was just starting ^^; Sailor Moon I've watch a bit before all the others like most people, but never really saw everything though, I think I've stop not far after we saw Mini Moon and Sailor Uranus, Neptune and Pluton or something like that... Ninja scroll though, I've never seen it, we only had teletoons when it was free (aka preview for a couple of months I think).

[My Quest]

Old Posted 06-28-2011, 09:10 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #537  
i only started watching most animes recently, only sailormoon and tenchi muyo were from my childhood(well that and dbz but i /still/ am pissed over that cartoon)
Old Posted 06-28-2011, 09:21 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
@Choco: xD Is it the ending that got that bad on you, or the anime in general? lol

[My Quest]

Old Posted 06-28-2011, 09:22 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #539  
they killed the pink guy he came back, they killed him again he came back, they killed the mainchar /and/ the pink guy together the pink guy came back^^: what worse punishment can you give an ocd 12 year-old who doesn't like the pink guy?
Old Posted 06-28-2011, 09:31 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
@Choco: Ah right Buu saga...it was indeed getting ridiculous at the end ^^;

[My Quest]

Old Posted 06-28-2011, 09:41 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #541  
We never got that far in DBZ, or in Sailor Moon, at least I didn't Could be bothered with DBZ beyond the Namek saga and only watched the end of that on video, and I lost interest rapidly in Sailor Moon. She annoyed me.
Old Posted 06-28-2011, 10:29 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Lol, she annoyed me too ^^; I have not watch all episodes until Mini Moon either, just here and there when I happened to catch it on tv so ^^;

And now I gotta go sleep if I want to be ok tomorrow morning to go to my interview ^^;

Later!

[My Quest]

Old Posted 06-28-2011, 10:33 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #543  
I remember up until Ann and Allan and that's about it.

Later!
Old Posted 06-28-2011, 10:35 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
haha, fun times to be talking anime even agter i got back^^
Old Posted 06-29-2011, 10:18 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
& mix it all up, "chocobo noise", *picks ears*, add a tag!, booty, bop it tag it twist it, cho rox sox <3 secret s, cuddle a chocobo, exul fiddled wid deez, feed me plz, gesundheit, gizzie was here :p, i never played ff, i wuuuuv jooo <3, kits a shy cuddly cat, lauv was here, lime in da coconut, oh behave!, percival was here., pull it!, sexy cho cho tymes, sickybooboo thread, tag your it!, ur face r a tag, yeah baby yeah!