Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Queen of Typoes
Default   #5393  
oh i am too!!

currently reading: Gone With the Witch by Heather Blake (#25) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 07-01-2021, 09:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Ugh. In addition to just sweating, I get to now be shaking with anxiety as I juat got home to a notice from my landlords that they are increasing my rent by over $100. Which means I either need to find a cheaper apartment that allows pets ASAP or find some other way to bring in that extra $100+ per month (third job basically, which I just cut back on earlier this year because it was too stressful.)

Update: friend has talked me back from the panic ledge. Am reminded that I can help out at his sister's daycare for extra money as well as possibly setting up/teaching loom knitting classes. Plus a position may be opening at the library soon (next month), which is kind of one of my dream jobs. And I can maybe get a little extra income if get etsy up and running soon as well (and finish a few projects ;>.>).
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 07-02-2021 at 02:39 PM.
Old Posted 07-01-2021, 11:51 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5395  
*hug*

Yes! Etsy! ...Make wine corks dressed in fancy wedding dresses made of thrown away ends of lace? (joke)
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-02-2021, 06:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Lol. Too kitchy for me. XD
But I do have some chainmaille jewelry I could get up in one shop and I'm a few parts away from some dragons to put up (along with a custom slot or two) for my plushie shop.

And if I haul ass on them, I should also have a scale glove order and maybe even a shawl sale that will bring in a good chunk of money.

Debating putting stuff back in the gift shop at the museum, but I was kind of making a loss on the plushies I had in there last year, and if I price them at an amount where I make the amount I want, no one buys them.
Old Posted 07-02-2021, 08:30 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5397  
Whaaaaat, you don't like cheese??? XD

Ugh. Yeah. People don't understand about the work it takes, and the fact that you are not an imprisoned slave in China and actually get to eat. There were a few people at the booth last Saturday, flipping the clothes and sneering at the prices.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-02-2021, 09:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Lol only the edible kind.

Yeah. It's hard to explain to some people that the reason this hand-crafted, one of a kind item is $50 instead of $5 is because it was hand-made, IS one of a kind, and wasn't made in a sweat-shop in China (or any other country) where the workers are mistreated and barely paid anything at all to churn out mass-produced items.
I feel like sometimes I come across as one of "those" people because I'll wander, look at items, look at the price tags, but not buy. But usually that's because I'm broke af. I want the pretty things and I totally get the pricing, I just can't afford them. Lol

Ugh. I should be working on projects...but it's hot and I just want to play games on my switch instead. XP
Old Posted 07-02-2021, 09:14 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5399  
XD

I made two more scrubbies at work today, and saw many more people who did things like look at the price tag and cuss, or ask me for a dress for twenty dollars or a discount if they bought two. There was also one young lady, still living at home, I think, who carefully looked at everything, and then bought a necklace and a scarf.

I have more mushrooms to make this week.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-03-2021, 07:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
still working on the dressmaker's dummy for my big girl. After that's done, she's getting a simple skirt and shirt made, so she's not streaking anymore.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 07-03-2021, 11:43 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5401  
No boonies made out of a sock?

I might be showing someone how to crochet today. Maybe.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-04-2021, 01:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Ugh. This heat is absolutely sapping my desire to craft. XP
But am gonna try to get Custard's head stitched on before work. 8D
(Started attaching it a couple days ago tbh, but I was just too exhausted to finish.)
Old Posted 07-04-2021, 02:20 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5403  
Youcandoit!

...And now I feel guilty because today was comfortable here.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-04-2021, 11:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
It was actually pretty decent here in the morning/early afternoon. I got a tad bit more done on Custard than I planned. Still a good amount to do (haven't even made the wings and spine yet...or the macaron), but getting much closer to having a cute new baby dragon to send out...
Old Posted 07-04-2021, 11:46 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5405  
Awwwww! That rocks! And w00t for getting more done than expected!

I just started up on a double #2 mushroom sprite order. A young husband and wife want similar but different shroomies.

Also, I wanted to show you this, Kaderin. I just bought one in shiny blue for Den, and tried him out in holding things. He does his job really well!

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-05-2021, 08:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Oh my goodness!
I would totes want one, but my apartment is such a mess at the moment that I'm afraid it would get buried. XD
Old Posted 07-05-2021, 11:16 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5407  
XD They're only eight dollars CAN, so that'd be even cheaper in USD. Unless you went for the fancy colours. ;)

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 07-06-2021, 12:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
That's not a bad price. And if I wasn't trying to rework/tighten up my budget to allow for the upcoming almost $200 rent increase, I'd probably buy one.
Alas, all purchases of anything that aren't essential groceries & cat supplies are canceled until further notice. :c
Old Posted 07-07-2021, 04:31 PM Reply With Quote