Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Woo, Graduated High School
Default   #5073  
Well bad ass. I'll have to check that out. I'm trying to think of what other classics I've missed out on. The only way I got most of my exposure was through adult swim and then random snippets here and there on the internet when free vids where still rampant.

Aaaw, well that's lame as all hell. Tho' I feel like when Doctor Who came back everyone was kinda shocked at how big it exploded in popularity.
Old Posted 04-27-2012, 01:29 AM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Fav story about old who. so apparently they were building a large highway up in scotland. they had to drain a peat bog to make way for it. at the bottom of the bog they found three original daleks. The show just left them after they sank, after all who cared about a prop for a silly show?

And anything you can think of should be on one of those two sites. which reminds me, I should see if either has the episodes of catseye I've not seen....
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

beautiful art by littl3chocobo
Old Posted 04-27-2012, 01:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #5075  
Wow. That's a little surreal. But also kinda awesome. lol

I really need to find more things to get into. The last animes I was SUPER into were Wolfs Rain, .hack/, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, and a lot of the CLAMP stuff. Oh! Yu Yu Hakusho. I just don't have a lot of time to find new stuff.
Old Posted 04-27-2012, 02:05 AM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
I don't like most of the 'new' stuff...I think I stopped being impressed after OHSHC...and even then I was only impressed with the japanese original, not the US voice overs. Does'tn mean I haven't watched stuff...just not been impressed.
I've gone to look for myself, if I should return before I get back keep me here.

Old Posted 04-27-2012, 02:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #5077  
Agreed. I went to Anime Fest and they had "pre-american" screenings. They had that and XXX Holic and I fell in love! And then watched it all online. I think they picked bad voice actors.

It's actually rare that I prefer the american voices. Like, Prince of Tennis, original? Beautiful, the american dub? Oh so painful. Cowboy Bebop was a genius tho' on the US side.
Old Posted 04-27-2012, 02:15 AM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
I......have only watched a few animes in english. the few exceptions are Fushigi Yuugi, Cowboy Bebop, parts of Trigun, parts of Escaflowne, and one episode of the original FMA. Oh, Sailormoon and some Ranma 1/2 as well. Once I got used to subtitles that's all I'd watch. and fyi, Sailormoon, soooooooooo much better in japanese, specially the later runs. Neptune isn't annoying and useless, who knew.

bleh, off to bed now, chat tomorrows!

Old Posted 04-27-2012, 02:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #5079  
Never watched Fushigi Yuugi, have a few of the manga's tho'. And my introduction to Sailor Moon was in German, and it's still actually a really good dub, as far as dub's go. (Same with Pokemon and Digimon) the English is still the most hurp a durp version of all those version that I've heard. (I take that back, I've heard the Finnish version of Digimon and it makes me cry inside.)

I rem. collecting all the coloring books and in Germany we had gum packets of them with stickers. :) [ I also have the Finnish manga for Ranma and the German manga for Sailor Moon)

All righty! You sleep well and get a good nights rest. :] Thanks for the entertaining convo tonight so far!
Old Posted 04-27-2012, 02:28 AM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
I do recommend FY if you like shoujo stuff. It's looooooong,b ut very, very good. And I love that a lot of the voice actors(japanese) are in Saiunkoku Monogatari(another very good series, very shoujo).

And I wish I could say I slept well...but I slept.

Old Posted 04-27-2012, 10:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Default   #5081  
I do love me some good ol' shoujo stuff. Guilty pleasure and all that. Sappy romance. <3 I don't know that other one, I'll have to look that up too. (I feel like I'm getting very educated. lol)

Aaaw, that's a shame. ): Bad dreams? And if you have an opportunity to I hope you can take a nap and maybe have a better sleep.
Old Posted 04-27-2012, 02:59 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
a nap sounds amazing...but stuff to get done. spent most of the day with my bff who's freaking out about her mom and some serious health issues, so I've accomplished nothing.

But yes, check out both of 'em, though they do play VA voice shuffle between the two.

Old Posted 04-27-2012, 06:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #5083  
Well that's a shame to hear. Hopefully you'll get at least some rest today or something more fun to do.

I want to watch something again that was like Fruits Basket (well, more like the manga it had a bit more detail but I love the anime too.) Or like Elfen Lied, been forever since I watched that.
Old Posted 04-27-2012, 07:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I like shojo, too. Too bad shojo beat magazine was canceled.
Old Posted 04-27-2012, 11:36 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Default   #5085  
Hmm, something more like Fruitsbasket...do you want the reverse harem sorta thing(in which case FY and SM are totally there), or something a bit more just fun silly? In which case I totally recommend Ranma 1/2 As to Elfen Lied...I'll admit I've not watched it, so I can't give you any good ideas.

I'm sorta sad that Shojo Beat is gone, but I"ll be honest I couldnt' tell you what that cost me in the way of things I read....

Old Posted 04-27-2012, 11:38 PM Reply With Quote  
I want something kinda weirdly bitter sweet with a female character who just works hard and can find something good about every one around her and such. I dunno. I really don't know what I'm truly in the mood for. Honestly, I'd just like a classic, cliche boy notices girl for the first time although he's never paid attention to her.

Is Shonen Beat still going? I haven't bought either in YEARS. Which reminds me I really need to catch up on my Nana.
Old Posted 04-27-2012, 11:42 PM Reply With Quote  
gnometastic
Default   #5087  
I think you'd really like Saiunkoku Monogatari then, it's a girl that works hard both at home and trying to find a place in the larger world. she gets the guy...but doesn't really want him, then ends up with a gazillion other guys, and doesn't really want them she just wants to do her JOB and what's right. Helps that I adore one of the first seasons 'bad guys' a lot. and pretty much all of her supporting cast.

Old Posted 04-27-2012, 11:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Sounds good. o: Is it available on that site you mentioned?
Old Posted 04-28-2012, 12:04 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
conventions, cool place, cosplay