Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

기다려
Default   #465  
Wow, three pages since I last logged in! OSSUM (so awesome I can feel it in my bones :P)
I've never been to prom, my school never hosts those things. But then they wouldn't have the courage what with moral police demonstrating to have Valentine's Day banned LOL.
Aikko: Sonny Hair in swamp is totes luvvalicious, I'm gonna save for it :3

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 12-31-2014, 04:41 AM  
It's over 9000!
I didn't go to my prom. XD I went to one in middle school and I'm not much of a dancer, all I did was hang out and talk to people. So yeah, didn't go to my senior prom at all. ^^; I think I actually worked that night instead, and I DON'T regret it cause I buy a DS with that money and some games. XD

Old Posted 12-31-2014, 09:29 AM  
One Fish
Default   #467  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelioness View Post
Wow, three pages since I last logged in! OSSUM (so awesome I can feel it in my bones :P)
I've never been to prom, my school never hosts those things. But then they wouldn't have the courage what with moral police demonstrating to have Valentine's Day banned LOL.
Aikko: Sonny Hair in swamp is totes luvvalicious, I'm gonna save for it :3
Thank you! I'm pleased you like it! :)
Please click the egg(s) below!

Old Posted 12-31-2014, 11:22 AM  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by ml1201 View Post
I didn't go to my prom. XD I went to one in middle school and I'm not much of a dancer, all I did was hang out and talk to people. So yeah, didn't go to my senior prom at all. ^^; I think I actually worked that night instead, and I DON'T regret it cause I buy a DS with that money and some games. XD
Prom is for one night, Pokemon is forever <3

Old Posted 12-31-2014, 12:06 PM  
One Fish
Default   #469  
I dread next year though when we have prom. I hate hearing others talk about events I didn't go to nor care to go to.

Old Posted 12-31-2014, 03:56 PM  
It's over 9000!
People kept asking me why I didn't go and I told them because I didn't feel like it. x'D Then they kept quite about it anyways because my friends knew that if I didn't want to go I didn't want to go. :3

Old Posted 12-31-2014, 06:07 PM  
One Fish
Default   #471  
Lol, and your parents never pressured you to?

Old Posted 12-31-2014, 08:07 PM  
기다려
My parents let me do whatever I want as long as I spend 90% of the day studying LOL.
@Aikko: Just tune out when those convos happen *shrugs*

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:
Don't be alarmed, we just have a minor case of face hugging adorable monsters. I'm sure it'll blow over eventually.

Old Posted 01-01-2015, 04:21 AM  
It's over 9000!
Default   #473  
My mom tried to but my dad told her he never went to his prom either and that if that's what I wanted to do then that's what I wanted to do. XD

Old Posted 01-01-2015, 11:40 AM  
The Illusionist
Quote:
My parents let me do whatever I want as long as I spend 90% of the day studying LOL.
@Aikko: Just tune out when those convos happen *shrugs*
Why are you from a stereotypical Asian family and if you get anything below an A you got a F?

Old Posted 01-01-2015, 02:53 PM  
기다려
Default   #475  
Well it's not just my family, more like my society
Maybe if we were an Asian family living away from my country abroad somewhere it'd be different because the attitude of the multitude would be different but maybe not.
It's in our educational system too. Studying is supposed to equip you for life, it's not supposed to be the point of life. I know it's a difficult world, I know my country isn't the greatest at generating employment, I know it's all about climbing over someone else because otherwise others surge forward and you're left to struggle, I've heard 'rat-race' and 'cutthroat competition' enough times for it to sink in, thank you. I just wonder sometimes if everyone's not slightly paranoid.
Also I know that the things I want to do with my life and career do not involve standing on others' shoulders while crushing them down. They'll say I'm too immature to decide.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 01-02-2015, 10:08 AM  
It's over 9000!
That kind of sucks. :/ Maybe you should go to another country where its not so much like that? But then with how the economy is right now its hard to say a place that's not like that. :/

Old Posted 01-02-2015, 10:38 AM  
The Illusionist
Default   #477  
Quote:
Well it's not just my family, more like my society
Maybe if we were an Asian family living away from my country abroad somewhere it'd be different because the attitude of the multitude would be different but maybe not.
It's in our educational system too. Studying is supposed to equip you for life, it's not supposed to be the point of life. I know it's a difficult world, I know my country isn't the greatest at generating employment, I know it's all about climbing over someone else because otherwise others surge forward and you're left to struggle, I've heard 'rat-race' and 'cutthroat competition' enough times for it to sink in, thank you. I just wonder sometimes if everyone's not slightly paranoid.
Also I know that the things I want to do with my life and career do not involve standing on others' shoulders while crushing them down. They'll say I'm too immature to decide.
Sadly that's the world we face, society is forced upon on and we have to find a way to live with. You can't rebel without making a new society of some sort, unless you decide to live off the satellite but then your living a primitive life and if caught you will be labeled as crazy, arrested, and charged on multiple accounts.

But hey this is coming from the same species that has started a war over a stolen bucket, decided to declare war on Poseidon and stab the ocean with swords and arrows... For 3 days. Have people ideally think their religion is the true religion and kills everyone for believing differently, and down right stupidity in nearly all forms.

Life is a silly thing.

Old Posted 01-02-2015, 01:28 PM  
It's over 9000!
Yeah, just like my mom threatened not to clean the house anymore if my dad didn't clean the table off of computer parts and stuff. That's an empty threat though because I'M the one who does the cleaning. =.=;

Old Posted 01-02-2015, 09:21 PM  
기다려
Default   #479  
Yup life is really lame :P
I don't know though, just two more years and I'll be done with my schooling. College will surely be an improved situation?
Tribal communities have done well though as long as they stayed tribal and small. Maybe the world would be a bit better if we were like that, tiny pockets of humanity isolated from each other. idk.

Buying Runes.
PM if you're selling?

Quote:

Old Posted 01-03-2015, 05:22 AM  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Yup life is really lame :P
I don't know though, just two more years and I'll be done with my schooling. College will surely be an improved situation?
Tribal communities have done well though as long as they stayed tribal and small. Maybe the world would be a bit better if we were like that, tiny pockets of humanity isolated from each other. idk.
Still wouldn't stop people from wanting to leave their communities to find better ones, people fight over resources, and so on. So... Most likely not.

College does get better because you have more freedom, but once you get to college you will be wanting more of your freedoms taken away because it becomes difficult handling everything on your own, granted it's different for everyone.

Old Posted 01-03-2015, 05:34 AM