Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

We're all mad here.
Default   #401  
Bah! My sister has a bunch of pokemon around her place but do they every show up? NOOOOOO. They must be in everyone else's back yards. Blah.

And my rare egg hatched into an Eevee. -.-
Poo.
But I have all three evos now.
Old Posted 08-21-2016, 05:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
OMG! Went for a quick outing to our local shopping mall and I caught a Mr Mime! I also hatched my third Electabuzz... Not complaining, just would have liked something I didn't already have as I will probably sacrifice the lowest CP one for extra candy ^_^;;

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 08-21-2016, 06:37 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #403  
Had a Tauros show up on the list a couple of times at my sister's place, but couldn't track it down. Maybe if I drove to a couple of the trails in the area. There's a creek nearby somewhere, I know, and I can see the water pokemon.
They are short and awkward strata lots and streets so it's not easy to navigate.

My top Pokemon now is my 540(I think) Pidgeot.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 08-22-2016 at 04:38 AM.
Old Posted 08-22-2016, 04:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
There is a mapping site that shows you where nearby pokemon are that still works... It's https://fastpokemap.se if you wanted to check it out...

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 08-22-2016, 08:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #405  
I want a Mr Mime…. Awe when trading starts I am going to need you desperately.

Highest CP - 1620 Exeggutor
Caught - 86
Seen - 87
Old Posted 08-22-2016, 11:55 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
I don't think I got that map working right for me. o.O

Old Posted 08-22-2016, 02:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #407  
Niantic is being very aggressive about shutting down real-time scanners. Other sites that provide non-real-time crowdsourced historical data are still useful for showing where they actually spawn, but any scanner that runs off of a website gets IP-blocked in short order.

They've also made it harder to automatically register accounts to replace those that have been banned for GPS spoofing.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-22-2016, 02:53 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Well, I put in where I live and no pokemon showed up for that map. It just showed ones in the Cali area.

Old Posted 08-22-2016, 05:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #409  
That could mean that they're using crowdsourced data and most of their users that provide data are around here, or it could mean that their accounts that scan your area have been blocked successfully but the ones scanning California haven't been yet), or it could mean that they're not trying to provide nationwide coverage.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-22-2016, 06:23 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Finally found my stupid illusive venognat outside a walmart today. I half think that as you play long enough, rare guys just show up for no real reason. Not sure why else a squirtle pops up once outside my cousin's house where I spent nearly a week and otherwise never saw them, and then again inside a store just after I logged in after driving there. Also nowhere near water.

Stupid driving! I passed up two gyms today because, you know, safety and all. Two gyms! One neutral and one on my team with an open slot! bah! Could have just stopped where they were I guess, but had stuff to do at home.
Old Posted 08-24-2016, 03:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #411  
Rares are rare, by definition. :P Just because you haven't seen them there before doesn't mean they're not there. It just means you hadn't gotten lucky yet.

Yes, they DO show up for no real reason when they appear, but it's not because you've been playing a long time -- everyone else in the area would see it too.

Old Posted 08-24-2016, 10:26 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Not necessarily playing for a long time, but I seem to spot them more often on a fresh login, or in an area I just arrived.

Good day today! I had a doctors appointment that I was an hour early for so I walked around the very touristy area she happens to be in. Got my first training medal, and another 10 coins from a gym (30 now). The one gym changed teams at least 5-6 times in the time that I was there.

Didn't get anybody new but bounced a new weedle to a beedril, not a very tough beedril but worth some xp.

I also did some actual walking around in nature n' stuff but who cares about that . ;)
Old Posted 08-25-2016, 02:27 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #413  
There is a tauros that appears near my house, and every time I see it's shadow I never have enough pokeballs for me to attempt catching it. .-.

Old Posted 08-25-2016, 01:51 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I've only seen the shadow on my nearby list - and there he is again! BRB!
Old Posted 08-25-2016, 06:10 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #415  
Aaaand gone. That didn't take long. I'm really not sure how one goes about tracking down pokemon that show up in the "sightings" box. I've really never been able to do it.
Old Posted 08-25-2016, 06:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
All you really know is that they're within 200 meters. You can KINDA triangulate it if you watch close and see when it disappears and then backtrack and get it to disappear from another direction, but... it's... not great.

Old Posted 08-26-2016, 12:18 AM Reply With Quote