Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

We're all mad here.
Default   #321  
I have no further interest in the Zubats, really, so I reasoned catching the Goldbat to get the entry would work, though probably not now that I think about it. Still, hit that point where you've spent enough and you just keep going because you want *something.* Of course, now that I'm level 5, I'm getting other items besides pokeballs so my stops are less helpful.

Right now I'll guess I'll just keep catching and hatching eggs. There are supposed to be Eevee around but haven't found many yet.
Old Posted 08-07-2016, 11:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Eggs are crucial for if you aren't in a major area. About 1/3 of my guys are from eggs. (1/3 being repeats)
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 08-08-2016, 02:45 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #323  
I get a lot from just letting my phone sit, but I'm taking advantage of being near a Pokestop that's easily walkable. I'm still terribly unfit, and the stop by my brother's place is down a steep dirt path and stairs, and there are none at all out where I actually live.
Old Posted 08-08-2016, 02:56 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
If there's a park you can drive to they might have a bunch of stops there. The one park I went to has a museum as well, so if I go there I can look around too and hatch eggs.

Old Posted 08-08-2016, 10:15 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #325  
Nice. I would go out to the stop again but I think I need to rest today, knees and back less than happy. I am going to work on some craft projects so if I can't find any tracing paper (or access to a printer) then I might take a drive out, and use the excuse to stop a few places. The most pokemon I've seen at once was when I stopped at a gas pump.
Old Posted 08-08-2016, 04:22 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
So many Pokestops!

Went to my campus to get some supplies and print things and there are some 8 stops or so, and two gyms. I got my Venomoth in one of them, and it's still there. I have pokecoins!

...and three more eggs. One 10km, one 5km, and one 2km. Working on two 5km right now.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 08-08-2016 at 09:16 PM.
Old Posted 08-08-2016, 09:12 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Default   #327  
I still haven't gotten a 10k egg....

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 08-08-2016, 09:17 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Do the distances mean much?
Old Posted 08-08-2016, 09:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #329  
More distance means for rarer pokemon inside

Also new update people!
Old Posted 08-08-2016, 09:23 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Cool.

Aha! Update! Not that I'm sure what any of it really means yet.

I found it amusing walking around campus today. Not a lot of people so you could see the Go! players circling the gyms. I had some idea of who was who after taking a couple passes. (The bookstore and my workroom are on opposite ends, so I could detour slightly to hit a few things on the way.) There was active fighting on the one gym and I happened to be there when it popped to neutral. I threw my moth up fast as I could, though in hindsight I perhaps should have put up a weaker one and trained a little. Is training against yourself possible?

It default to my Venomoth even though my Nidorina is tougher. That because it was favourited?
Old Posted 08-08-2016, 09:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #331  
Training against yourself is possible, yes. If you put a Pokemon up to defend a gym, you can spar against it just like you can any other Pokemon on the same team.

And it MIGHT be because favorites? I'm not sure.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-08-2016, 11:28 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
That would be my guess.

Alas, he has been dislodged. Valiant effort Mr. Venomoth!

I suppose I could give him a nick-name now.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 08-09-2016 at 01:20 AM.
Old Posted 08-09-2016, 01:16 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #333  
I found a squirtle playing in the sprinklers!

Okay, I'm guessing the game isn't smart enough to know when I turn the hose on but I got a horsea the other day doing the same thing. They know!

Someone is putting out late night lures about town.
Old Posted 08-09-2016, 02:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Is Legen...Wait for it...Dary
*throws 12 pokeballs at a 100cp ratata... breaks out of every ball and flees*
So done with this game... I should not have this difficulty with catching... Either they attack too much, jump too much, or break out the ball and run...
Old Posted 08-09-2016, 11:03 AM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Default   #335  
Yeah… the difficulty has upped since it started and it is really getting on my nerves

Also if I knew now what i knew when I started I would probably have a few more level under my belt and a lot more stardust.
Old Posted 08-09-2016, 11:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Keep in mind that the smaller the circle is, the better your catch chances are. Also with the latest update, they fixed a bug with nice/great/excellent throws, and the previous update made curveballs improve your catch rate more.

Yes, spamming balls doesn't work as well as it used to, but it rewards skillful throws more now.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-09-2016, 03:14 PM Reply With Quote