Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pixelist
Default   #3265  
i've been meaning to get into DND, but there's no fucking clubs like that around here, because this town's a shithole. all the cockney people are coming over and people are robbing from stores, and i'm just sitting here, not being able to do shit about it tbh.

i think i looked into a computer engineering club in primary school? but there's no way i'd be able to build a computer myself, haha.
Old Posted 12-03-2018, 04:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
All hobbies count! They don't have to be arts and crafts!

Inspire: aww, thanks! I actually really want to buy more of the fleeces now and make myself a matching blanket. But I also 2anna pay the bills... XD
Old Posted 12-03-2018, 04:28 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Default   #3267  
Voidbarker, it's fun. I rec finding online groups. usually they weet weekly, and you play over Discord and Roll20, and it's about the same as a Face-To-Face group!

My friend wants to help me build my own rig, which is nice but my current one is well...my baby.
Old Posted 12-03-2018, 04:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
honestly, i love blogs that chronicle the shit that dnd players say. especially if it's a fucking bard trying to seduce the big bad and rolling a nat20.

i suck with numbers and such, so i'd probably make for a crappy dm.

i, uh, mostly want a better computer for my personal use, honestly. i've been thinking about streaming and such, too. the laptop that i got about... uh, 4 years ago, it has a crap battery and overheats when i try and record with OBS for about 10 minutes. i can still record with it, but it WILL overheat over the 10 minute mark.

the battery also wasn't crap until this year, i think. it's still fairly decent, but it needs to be plugged in. also, on the rare times it does overheat from normal use (i.e: when i'm not recording like a fucking loon), that's probably helped with the battery degradation. that, and it was pre-owned.

my dad's laptop is a bit better than my own, haha. the reason why i'm using his now is bc the charger for my laptop is making a whining sound and i don't trust it. galla's even noted my paranoia w/ electronics, haha!
Last edited by Stabbsworth; 12-03-2018 at 04:40 PM. Reason: clarification.
Old Posted 12-03-2018, 04:39 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Default   #3269  
5e is fairly lenient with numbers, but I take more pleasure in playing over DMing. My advice for it is find a group that can help, a lot of newbies are getting into the D&D scene, so people willing to teach aren't hard to find!

Personally my last computer had to be given away since my S/O needed it for work, so i wound up getting something strong enough for my online gaming hobbies. If you never wind up needing to replace that comp best buy tends to have Ok refurbs.
Old Posted 12-03-2018, 04:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
we have a computer in another place, and that has fairly decent specs. hell, it can run destiny 2 if you decrease the graphics, i'd wager.

i5 processor and a nvidia geforce gtx 660 gpu.

the laptop that's mine has an i3 processor, and probably an intel card. my dad's laptop has an i7 processor and an intel graphics hd 4400 gpu.

ideally, the computer i'm looking at for personal use would have an older-gen i7 processor and a nvidia geforce gtx 1080ti card, but i'll probably go a lot lower than that for the card.
Old Posted 12-03-2018, 04:57 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Default   #3271  
I'm running a i7 with nvidia geforce gtx, so nice! I don't think i have ever owned a nicer computer.

it's a lot of money though. Worth saving for however, if you ask me.
Old Posted 12-03-2018, 05:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
yeah. i think i've got around £900 saved up in savings right now?

i think, just for the gpu, it'd probably require £1000 odd, considering the current shortage.
Old Posted 12-03-2018, 05:02 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Default   #3273  
Hey, you're getting there! I'd definitely try looking at ebay or places like newegg for stuff!
Old Posted 12-03-2018, 05:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
i know a couple sites that do prebuilt computers, and you can put in individual specs and such.

i'll have to ask dad about it.
Old Posted 12-03-2018, 05:08 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Default   #3275  
it's def worth looking into to say the least!
Old Posted 12-03-2018, 05:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
i've actually been saving up for a long time. did spend some money on steam cards, though.

i get around 40£ a month from weekend work.
Old Posted 12-03-2018, 05:12 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Default   #3277  
Steam cards, damn you steam! Always taking money out of our wallets and accounts!

40's not bad, depending on if you use some of it to do other things it wont take you too much longer it seems.
Old Posted 12-03-2018, 05:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
perhaps! i got the binding of isaac on a discount bc of a steam sale, haha. and don't starve together, which i gave a copy to Polaris bc Steam gave me an extra, giftable copy bc of the sale.
Old Posted 12-03-2018, 05:18 PM Reply With Quote  
The Heroine of Time
Default   #3279  
I mean sounds like it was worth it!
Old Posted 12-03-2018, 05:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
it was! TBOI:A+ is a game w/ a lot of replay value, haha. And Don't Starve Together looks pretty decent, it was made by Klei.
Old Posted 12-03-2018, 05:22 PM Reply With Quote