Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Crowned Morning Sun
Default   #17  
"Nice, but you may have to find a way to take lessons... otherwise that sword'll take you out." Her voice, shaking slightly from the strain of the mini fight, was somewhat breathless. "Let's haul ass. I'm not interested in round two in front of CVS. I do not want to get arrested for disturbing the peace," she muttered in a low tone.

Robyn kept her bow in hand as she vaguely gestured to to the surrounding people that were watching them with incredulity and suspicion. "Nothing to see here, folks! We're practicing for a play!"

---

"You're fucking insane and I don't have fucking depth perception!" Patrick shouted across traffic. He dared a glance behind him and paled at the sight of the creatures. That is when the mighty universe reached out and blessed him... the traffic had a break coming.

He shot across the street once it was available to him, haring like a madman and praying that his luck didn't shit out the moment he stepped foot on the tarmac. Patrick skid to a momentary stop as a car rushed past him, honking all the while, the wind of the vehicle buffeting him as the car zipped past. "Hoo!" he yelped before running across the quickly vacated lane when the insulting happened.

The light changed.

He looked over his shoulder at the creatures that were now coming at him across the suddenly paused ebb and flow. "Shit!" Running now, he flew to Maddison's side and grabbed her wrist as he ran under the overpass. "No rest for the wicked or the handsome!" he jibed.
I am a female. Therefore please use 'she'.

Go Aggies!
Old Posted 12-29-2010, 11:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Local Weirdo
Shannon looked around at all the people who were gawking at them and grinned at them, embarrassed.
"Y-y-ya, nothing but a couple of umm... play... practicing... people?"
I'm not very good at this... he thought to himself as his face reddened dramatically.
He began walking away from the parking lot, not really knowing where he was going.
He glanced back at Robyn and smiled tentatively at her.
"So, umm, where exactly should we go now?"

---

"You just realized that?!" Maddison yelled back at him as he scrambled across the intersection.
He grabbed her wrist and was tugging her along behind. The shadow creatures were almost across the street so Maddison turned her head forward and kept running at full speed.
"How much farther.... away.... is this place?!" she gasped at Patrick.
She could usually run and fight for hours at a time but the pain in her side was persistent. She was going to have to rest soon or she would collapse.
Old Posted 12-30-2010, 12:14 AM Reply With Quote  
Crowned Morning Sun
Default   #19  
"A block!" chirped the one-eyed man between heavy breaths, releasing her wrist for his own balance as well as hers. "Then it dumps right into the warehouse district!"

He was right and just a block later they were meeting the fence of the outer parameter. It didn't do much good as Patrick detoured through an open gate that was rarely locked. "The warehouse is over here," he told her, pointing at one dark building about thirty feet away from the gate they had just entered. "You go ahead... I'll take out these guys and we can relax for a bit. The small door should be unlocked and if it isn't you can jimmy the lock easy with a key in the jamb."

---

Robyn smirked a bit at him as she came up level with him. "Just wander about and keep the hell away from the big monsters. They don't generally leave their territories." She grimaced. "I'd say we could go up to the roofs, but I know that snakes and crows infest that kind of terrain and I don't want to deal with them. Man, I can't wait for sunrise..."

Go Aggies!
Old Posted 12-30-2010, 09:53 AM Reply With Quote  
Local Weirdo
Maddison didn't want to leave Patrick to fight the monsters himself. Not necessarily because she was afraid he could get hurt, it was more because she didn't want to feel like a helpless girl who needed to be protected. But the pain in her side was enough to convince her that she wouldn't be a huge help in a fight at this point. That fucking horse had probably cracked a rib or two judging by the pain.
She nodded towards Patrick before running to the door and opening it.

The room she found herself in was dark but luckily no creatures were waiting for her. She slumped against the wall close to the door and held her side, gasping.
The faint light in the room was enough that she could see as she lifted her shirt up to take a look at her side. Her waist was bruised pretty bad; a splotchy purple spot the size of her fist stained the skin there, the middle of it was a dark red.
"Definitely cracked a rib..." she grunted as she felt around the area. Luckily she had brought her small bag with her that night, knowing something like this might happen. She took it off of her shoulder and let it fall to the ground. Patrick should be finishing up with the creatures but she waited a few more moments until he entered the building; she wasn't going to be caught bandaging herself up if he had been overpowered and the monsters came rushing into the room.

---

Sighing, Shannon gripped the hilt of his sword tightly in his hands. How much of the night had passed already? For all he knew it had only been thirty minutes since he fell out of his bedroom window.
"I don't have a clue about any of this... so if you don't mind me doing so, I'll just be following your lead," he said quietly, head down.
Killer crows and snakes didn't sound very appealing but he figured the other creatures that existed in other areas couldn't have been anymore friendly.

[Oh hey, do you happen to have an msn or something? I thought maybe we could discuss what might happen plot-wise? Or do you have something in mind already?]
Old Posted 12-31-2010, 02:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Crowned Morning Sun
Default   #21  
((I have Yahoo messenger but I do not have anything in mind for a plot other than perhaps the Players meeting in the daylight. The last time I did this plot, no one progressed further than just playing to get out. We could have a 'reason' behind the Game, though. I just am a bit tapped on ideas at the moment.))

Once she was out of range of his hammer, he whipped the thing into existence and immediately hammered the side of a monster, smoothly fighting the lot of them off. At least with her out of range, he wasn't as worried about accidentally hammering her or watching out for her back. It was one of the reasons he preferred to not work alongside other Players even though the advantage of having someone watch your back was easily comparable to the annoyance.

Unfortunately, he mused to himself, it was very difficult to find someone capable of taking care of themselves. Most of them hadn't been in the Game as long as he had been. Maddison seemed like she could handle herself, though he wondered if she wasn't fighting to merely survive. The woman had obvious issues and seemed to delight in the chaos of the Game.

Patrick finished the monsters off and hightailed it to the warehouse. He flung the door open and it bounced off the wall with a loud clatter as he barreled in in his haste to get away from the exposed areas.

---

Robyn looked at him with some sadness. "I have to say... I haven't been long in it, either. I wish I knew what was coming, but as far as I know, the only way out is to survive." She had no idea what was on the other end other than eight hours of sleep and no longer having to wonder if she'd wind up comatose in the morning. She'd seen her fair share of nixed Players, staring blankly at nothing as the sun rose. The bracelets fixed the bodies up to perfect health...

...But the soul was no longer there...

"Five freaking months of only an hour's worth of sleep..." she sighed. "I'd love to get a full night in again." Even as she spoke, more monsters appeared. These were fairly freakish creatures this time... Monsters that looked like Venus Fly Traps that crawled along on skinny vine-feet. "Ugh... These guys... We need to take them out quick and get out of here. I do not want to be here for the rabbits."

Go Aggies!
Old Posted 01-02-2011, 12:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Local Weirdo
[Durn. We could just talk about it by pm or something then? :3
Oh and ya, I think in the long-run it would be interesting for them to try to find out who's in control of the game, why they're doing it, and how to stop it.]

The door burst open a few moments later and Patrick ran in, making as much noise as possible.
"How long do you think we have to rest?" Maddison asked as she reached down for her bag, opened it, and pulled out a roll of cloth bandages. She didn't have time to waist so she quickly pulled her shirt up over her head and dropped it to the floor next to her bag. She unwrapped the bandages and got to work wrapping the roll around her torso.

---

As Robyn spoke, Shannon said nothing. He could tell that she hated doing this every night, but who wouldn't? He adjusted his glasses on his nose before he saw the new creatures crawling out of the shadows. He sucked in a deep breath and turned to the girl next to him.
"Errr, rabbits?" he asked but quickly shook his head. The monsters that the Game produced weren't ever what they seemed. The giant grasshoppers in his room had definitely proved that.
"I'll go in close," he said, determined and more courageous than he'd ever been. Already the Game was having an effect on him. Survival depended on not being afraid of what waited around the corner and his primal instincts knew that.

He steadily advanced on the carnivore plants, his sword gripped tightly in his hands, and swung it down on the nearest creature.
He missed and the thing whipped out one of it's sharp vines and scratched him across the cheek. Shannon felt the warm liquid run down his face from the scratch and brought his blade back down on the monster-plant. This time he struck it, straight through it's gaping fang-filled mouth.
It let out a high-pitched shriek and then crumpled to the ground. He continued like this, but was scratched several more times before he was able to take out another of the creatures. They were faster than they looked and Shannon was not quite used to the weight and swing of his new weapon. He wiped the blood from his cheeks with the back of his hand before swinging yet again at the group of monsters. Some force inside him was pushing him onward, making him continue to slice at them even though logic told him that he should run.
Old Posted 01-02-2011, 08:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Crowned Morning Sun
Default   #23  
Robyn groaned as Shannon ran into the fray as she loosed an arrow, pinning one plant down. The idea for survival included trying to keep as much distance as possible. Her bow usually provided for that and ranged combat was much better than any other combat so you didn't have to get in up close.

Repeatedly, she loosed arrow after arrow, pinning each plant she trapped to the ground. One spectacular shot had a Trap writhing with its mouth pinned to the ground as it fought to get loose.

"Yeah!" She called to Shannon. "You don't wanna mess with rabbits the size of Rottweilers and are as friendly as..." Thwack of an arrow. "...fighting pit bulls! We'd be interfering with their meal if we hang around and they'll attack us..." Pause for another arrow. "...if we stick around."

---

"About... twenty or so minutes. No more than thirty, though." For a Player in this particular war zone, that was a phenomenal length of time. He gave her a long and appreciative look at her bra-only upper half before averting his eyes. "You need help wrapping that?" he offered, knowing that the likelihood was slim to none on that prospect. She seemed to him to be the type to protect herself irregardless of her current situation.

((Sounds good to me.))

Go Aggies!
Old Posted 01-03-2011, 10:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Local Weirdo
Robyn was able to take care of the majority of the plants and at her words Shannon gulped hard.
After stabbing his sword down onto a creature and hearing it's shriek of death he went back over to where Robyn stood, breathing hard.
"Well then.... let's... get out of here," he said in between breaths.
He dispelled his sword quickly, the weight of it was tiring normally, but even more so when he had just been swinging it around at scratchy plant monsters.
The cuts on his face burned but he just tried to ignore them. Crying over it wouldn't do him any good, all he could do was suck it up and keep moving forward.

---

"HA!" Maddison laughed, a hard, sarcastic sound.
"Keep dreaming hammer-guy," she said with a cocky smile.
She thought about the estimated time and felt that it was enough for her to be feeling up for another night of stabbing low-level monsters through the face. She finished wrapping her torso in just a few minutes and after double-checking that the bandages were good and tight she pulled her shirt back over her head.
Then she slid to the floor and sat, trying not to move her upper half too much.

Maddison was never much of a conversation starter, and she let the silence hang between them, planning out how she would survive the rest of the night. That stupid horse was gonna pay for tonight, and she needed to be stronger than she was now. She thought she might have been able to handle it but obviously she was wrong, she needed some hammer-wielding red-head to come in and save her, which did not go over well for her.
Old Posted 01-05-2011, 06:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Crowned Morning Sun
Default   #25  
((Time: Three in the morning... I'm about ready to wrap this night up. Oh, and I forgot to mention, when the sky turns gray... or rather from six to seven in the morning, the Game ends for the night and the Players get their hour of sleep.))

Robyn looked him over after they finished up. "Let's go..." she said, seeing the pain in his face. "And don't worry too much about the cuts. They'll vanish when you sleep."

She lead the way away from the scene, away from the place where the rabbits would come feast. As she stepped through the area, she saw some of the plants still alive and wiggling to get loose. Frowning, she made sure not to dispel her bow at that moment, not wanting to loose the creatures and have them attack again. She'd only do that once they'd gotten well enough away and 'safe'. Right now, though, her quiver was empty and it made her feel slightly naked. Hopefully, there'd be no issues for about a block. Usually there weren't, but you never could be sure.

---

Rick cracked a grin at her, the lone visible eye crinkling slightly from the smile. "Just an offer," he told her. "Completely up to you. And you're lucky that those will be better for tomorrow night."

((Sorry there's not much for Rick. I'm short on ideas for him at this moment.))

Go Aggies!
Old Posted 01-06-2011, 10:16 AM Reply With Quote  
Local Weirdo
"Uh-ok," he mumbled, his speech slurring a bit. He felt the exhaustion wash across him for the first time that night. All of the adrenaline from the fighting was wearing off. If something attacked now he probably wouldn't be able to defend himself too well.
He dragged his feet after Robyn, hardly keeping his eyes open.
"How much... yawn... longer is the night going to last?" he asked the other Player, his voice thick with sleepiness.
He knew he needed to wake up, it had to be several hours still until the sun came up, it was still pitch-black after all.

---

Maddison grinned back at Patrick.
"Ain't that the truth. Isn't it nice of the Game to lick our wounds that it causes?" she said, a dark sarcastic tone in her voice.
She did actually enjoy the Game most of the time since it allowed her to act out her aggressions, but no matter how messed up she was, she could never fully appreciate being thrown into a world every night where monsters tried to kill you. It was more like fate was laughing in her face, making her continue to fight for her life even after she could finally escape the multitude of foster homes and uncaring "parents".
Old Posted 01-06-2011, 08:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Crowned Morning Sun
Default   #27  
"A little while longer," informed Robyn, looking at her watch. "It's a bit past three now... and we can head towards our homes in about two hours. Gives us time for the shadows to die down when we drop into bed."

Robyn looked at Shannon. "You can't tell your family, you realize. They'll just try to have you checked out by a psychiatrist or have you committed... I made the mistake once, at the very beginning, and I got to visit a therapist for a few weeks before I just got out of all of it by saying 'I was acting out'."

She looked him up and down with a disapproving frown. "You are a prime target right now," she told him. "But then again, the first few nights are the hardest, I suppose. You'll get used to the hours soon enough."

---

Rick smiled in a wry manner. "It is a good thing. I wonder what makes this all possible, though... I mean, normal people can see us at night, but they can't see our weapons or the monsters. The monsters can see us and our weapons, but they can't attack regular people. I've seen them phase straight through normal people before."

It was a thought that had been on his mind for a long time now. It wasn't something that was exceptionally dire, but it nagged at him for some reason. Ever since he became part of this Game, he'd been fighting for his life... granted, that was nothing new for him if you considered the eye patch and the scars and hollow beneath it. But it was new to be an adult and at times still completely incapable of protecting another individual or even himself despite the strength and physical abilities he had gained.

Even though he was a part of the Game, he still had to remember there were regular people out there... and there had been a few times where he had to face muggers or other not-so-nice people. And there were other times he had gotten hassled by police officers, too, because he looked suspicious.

Go Aggies!
Old Posted 01-07-2011, 09:56 AM Reply With Quote  
Local Weirdo
Shannon frowned at what Robyn had said.
"I wouldn't tell them anyways..." he mumbled. He knew that if he said something about it they would indeed have him see a psychiatrist. They worried too much about him, and he hated when they hovered over him like he was a baby. That's why he never told them about the bullies at school. They would take him out and start homeschooling him again. Even though he didn't have any friends at school and was teased endlessly, he would rather be there than stuck at home, never getting to see all of the other kids his age. It took him forever to convince his parents to let him into public school, so he could never tell them about anything amiss with him.

He sighed and summoned his short sword again. He just wanted to get through this night, and even though he was about to fall over, he knew he couldn't let his guard down.
"Let's just get this night over with," he said to her, the frown in his face deepening even further.

- - -

She couldn't lie, she'd thought about it herself as well. But there was nothing she could do about it, right? She was trapped until she her luck ran out or until she turned 25.
"What good is it to wonder about it if we can't do anything about it?" she voiced her thoughts, a growl lacing her voice.
The sounds of new creatures creeped into her ears. Their time was almost up. She stood up and stretched painfully, testing her side. It seemed like she could make it through the night fighting lower level monsters.
"We shouldn't wait for them to find us in here, so let's go meet them instead," she said to Patrick as she summoned her spear, slamming the end of it onto the hard floor, the sound echoing around them.
Old Posted 01-10-2011, 02:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Crowned Morning Sun
Default   #29  
((Quick fast forward. I'm bored... I'm going to do just a slight generic outline of what happened so we can get on with this show.))

The pair of teenagers made their way through the streets, fighting when necessary, and avoiding people that might give them trouble when they appeared. It was not, in essence, a very good night... but then again, within the Game, they never were. Taking care to have minimal injuries, Robyn and Shannon finished the night by managing to get back to the start point. The sky was beginning to gray and night was receding.

It was a point in time that Robyn sighed in relief before climbing the fire escape back into her bedroom. "Good morning to you..." she said to Shannon before haring off towards her own home, having made sure she had gotten him home in one piece physically. Mentally, of course, she wouldn't be able to tell.

---

They went forward to meet the monsters, Rick wishing to do something else... like run away instead of being suicidal like Maddison seemed to be. He understood where she was coming from, but during the lulls like this and during the breaks at work, he wound up pondering the question again and again.

When the stars started fading from the sky, it was time to get going back to his side of town. "We've got very little time left before we'll pass out," he cautioned, seeing the forms of monsters fading out. Their weapons, of course, didn't seem to do as such, which was comforting. "I don't know about you, but I am not sleeping in an alleyway. Not with work starting at eight!"

Go Aggies!
Old Posted 01-10-2011, 03:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Local Weirdo
[Ya, I figured that's what we'd do. :3
Bit of a long post here. xD]

After Robyn left, Shannon stood there waving at her in a sort of stupor. He finally snapped out of it when the first rays of sun started to peek out over the horizon. He shook his head and went to the front door, taking out the hidden spare key, and unlocked it.
The house was, thankfully, still quiet, and Shannon was able to sneak back into his room and on top of his bed. As soon as his head touched the pillow he fell asleep.

It felt like he'd been asleep for five minutes before his alarm was ringing in his ears. His mother then burst into the room, yelling at him to get up.
Shannon groaned and covered his ears, but soon realized that wasn't going to work. His mother was shaking him to get up.
"Why are you wearing your day clothes? And why didn't you take off your glasses?" she asked him, her voice giving him a headache.
He finally opened his eyes, which were bleary with sleep, and looked at his mother.
"I was just really tired... I forgot," he told her lamely.
She scrunched up her face in worry but left his room after telling him to hurry up and get a shower so that he wasn't late for school.

He had gotten his shower, dressed simply in blue jeans, a white t-shirt, and sneakers, grabbed his backpack and a piece of toast, and was out the door in about twenty minutes flat. He was going to be late if he didn't hurry. Luckily he lived pretty close to the school so he didn't have to walk, or run, far.
He sprinted into his first class right as the bell rang.
The other kids looked at him funny and laughed but he just tried to ignore them. The scratches and bruises on his face had healed up, the only evidence that he had even been through the night before was the leather bracelet he wore on his wrist. The entire day was a blur, all he could think about was the previous night, images of the monsters kept haunting his thoughts. The same people teased him in every class, but he was so caught up in the nightmarish thoughts that he didn't pay any attention to them. This cost him after school was out.

The bare fist flew swiftly at Shannon's face, hitting him fully in the left cheek. He felt his head jerk to the side as he fell to the ground. The one who had punched him was his main tormentor, Jason Burkley. The kid was huge for a fifteen year old, standing at about 5'11" and weighing a solid two hundred pounds, a complete muscle-head.
Jason laughed as Shannon spit out blood onto the dusty ground.
"You wimp, you should know better than to ignore me when I'm talking to you," Jason said to him with a snarl.
He then kicked him in the stomach and Shannon gasped, and then curled up on the ground to cover his stomach. He was coughing violently now, and Jason and his buddies continued to laugh at him. Shannon was shaking, but he put immense effort into not letting himself cry. He wouldn't cry ever again, not after that life-changing night.
Slowly, he stood back up, glaring up at Jason with determination, not backing down. He knew he should just run away like he usually did, but something in him had changed, and he gathered up all his courage so that he wouldn't run off scared like a child.
The meat-head would be able to look straight into his eyes now, his new glasses were laying on the ground, cracked.
"Come on, why don't you hit me again you giant sack of shit," he growled at the larger boy, still stunned at himself for being able to stand up to the bully.
Jason actually flinched, but he obliged Shannon just a moment later, sending him flying off into the dirt again.

- - -

Maddison had run out to greet the new monsters, ready to tear them to pieces, but after Patrick's comment she cursed and turned on her heels.
"Fine! Back to the city then hmm?" she yelled to him and she ran away from the warehouse district.
She figured Patrick could make his way back home himself, so she just fled back to her own part of town, taking down weak monsters whenever she needed to.
By the time she arrived back at her tiny apartment, the sun was just starting to come up, she made it back just in time for her measly hour of sleep. Breathing heavily, she dispelled her spear and buzzed herself into the complex. She managed to fall asleep quickly once she got into her own room. Another night down... she thought as she drifted to sleep.

Her eyes flew open at the same time she woke up every morning. The time was programmed into her head by now. She felt her side even though she knew it would be perfectly fine. She quickly stripped down to her underwear and undid the wrappings, then took off her last two scraps of clothes and hopped into the shower. Work wasn't something she enjoyed doing, but she needed her part-time jobs so that she could pay for her cheap, run-down apartment and all the luxuries in her life. Such as her beautiful 2005 yellow Ducati Superbike 749. She loved the bike immensely, it was one of the things she could actually rely on.

She sighed happily when she eyed the bike in the car garage, still as gorgeous and pristine as ever. She put her jean-clad leg up over the seat and put on her helmet. She turned on the engine and revved it before taking off out of the garage in into the streets.

She hadn't driven two miles when the unthinkable happened; some idiot pulled out in front of her without any warning, causing her to crash straight into the back side door of their car.
Luckily, Maddison was uninjured, but her Ducati didn't share the same luck. It was smashed up bad, and the owner of the car heard a stream of curses before her temper cooled. They guaranteed that they would pay for the damages but Maddison was still not pleased. She made them call someone they knew with a truck so that her bike could be taken to a mechanic right away. They just took her to the nearest one and then took out her crumpled bike and gave her their insurance information so that she could use it to pay for the costs. Maddison left her bike outside and entered the front door, waiting to find some assistance.
Old Posted 01-10-2011, 07:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Crowned Morning Sun
Default   #31  
((No problems at all with that!))

Robyn had dropped off into bed and woken up precisely an hour later. She routinely checked herself over in the full-length mirror on the back of her bedroom door, took her normal shower, cleaned up, fixed her hair, and threw her uniform on with practiced ease.

Her parents were already gone as they were usually out the door fairly early. Her mother worked across town and her father had a client he had to represent in court early this morning, so she was left to her own devices, which suited her right down to the ground. Her day passed with little issue and she had just left her campus.

As Robyn went along, she walked past the public school her school was four blocks down from that she normally passed to get to the metro station that would take her home. What Robyn saw on the grounds made her pause. What she saw Shannon. However, seeing Shannon was not the issue as she had seen a Player or two outside the Game. However, Shannon was being beating up on by what appeared to be a big jock.

Her mouth reacted faster than her brain did. "Hey! Asshole! Cut that out!" She hared across the property, garnering surprised looks from the public school kids that hadn't expected the Catholic School Girl to suddenly appear out of nowhere. She didn't get there in time to keep Shannon from hitting the dirt, but she did stand protectively in front of him.

"Wow, what a manly man you are! Picking on people that are obviously weaker than you so you can get your peanuts off!" she snarled, her eyes narrowed in fury and her mouth set at an ugly angle reminiscent of a snarling lioness. Her hand gripped the strap of her tote and her feet were splayed. At a moment's notice, she could fling the bag aside to protect her face as she knew good and well she wouldn't fight back so that she couldn't get in trouble. At this point, she wasn't starting a fight. She was coming to the defense of another and if he hit her, she could so get her lawyer father to press charges.

---

He managed to get home in time to drop into bed, fully clothed and a couple of his more recent acquisitions of wounds unattended. His eyes popped open not too long later and he groaned as he sat up, not really wanting to move just yet. However, one glance at the clock told him to move his keester.

Busily, he went through his morning ritual and threw on his work clothes. Then, he adjusted his eye patch, walked out of his little hole-in-the-wall apartment, and raced to work. He was lucky it was within walking distance as he didn't need to bother with driving. Most of Patrick's major places he visited did not require driving, which was good because the cost of having you reviewed on whether or not you could drive every single stinking year was pretty cost ineffective.

As such, he was glad he was actually a motorcycle mechanic. Even though he had no depth perception, he could work on them as the motorcycles tended to be up close and personal. He could figure out depths at that range and did it all the time.

He was not allowed, however, to do the inspections on any of the vehicles. Patrick understood. He was truly a liability. There were days he cursed his past and his father for taking his eye, but there was little he could do about it and he always diffused whatever comments thrown his way about it by making some comment about how all chicks digged his eye patch.

His day had been going quite the normal route... when she walked straight out of the previous night and into the shop with a messed up Ducati. He cast an eye over it even as he slid out of the office with its one-way mirror. The purpose was so that the employees could see out without having to have the boss's business spied on.

"Hello," Hector said, beating him to the punch of the meet-and-greet when Patrick had just entered the bay. "What happened to your bike?"

Go Aggies!
Last edited by Shenandoah; 02-13-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old Posted 01-11-2011, 10:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Local Weirdo
Shannon was shocked when the girl from the previous night jumped out in front of him, as if to protect him. He stared in disbelief as Jason faltered.
He looked like he was considering beating Robyn up just to get to Shannon, but instead he took a step back.
"I wouldn't hit a girl... next time your girlfriend won't be here to protect you dork," he growled to Shannon and his goons laughed as they walked off, leaving Shannon and Robyn behind.

"R-Robyn? You're here? H-h-how...?" he stuttered, somehow thinking that she would only exist in the Game world and he wouldn't ever see her during the day. He stumbled a bit as he got up and picked up his cracked glasses. He sighed as they were the second pair in the past 24 hours that had gotten broken. He needed some prescription ones instead of store-bought kind but he hadn't gotten up the courage to tell his parents that he had broken the first pair. He grinned to himself at the irony; he could fight nightmarish shadow monsters but couldn't tell his mother that he had broken his glasses.
He shoved the broken lenses into his pocket and turned to face the girl.

- - -

"Some idiot pulled out in front of me, ran straight into the side of their car," she said with spite, still fuming over the incident.
Her arms were crossed over her chest as she explained to the man, not having seen that Patrick was here. The toe of her boot was tapping against the floor, an obvious annoyance in its rhythm.
No telling what it would cost her to get her bike fixed up, or if it could even be fixed up. She had saved up for so long and had managed to pay the entire thing off just a couple of years ago. Now she might have to do that all over again.
Old Posted 01-14-2011, 07:37 PM Reply With Quote