Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Problem to the Solution
Default   #17  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
But now I see the "Open Beta" comment. ._.
If there's one thing Steam Early Access has taught me, it's that you can either pay a team lots of dollars to test something to work out all the bugs, or you can save yourself some money and release something as a beta, and people will find every possible issue and tell you about it for free.

That said, I am code illiterate and I am sure everything will be rectified in a timely and prompt manner. Because Toho is getting things done!

But no seriously I am finding tons of items that I never even knew we had.
Old Posted 11-16-2015, 03:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Of course. ^-^

Here's another suggestion! Instead of text, some icons?
I did a horrid sample, but I'm sure you get the idea. X]

My DeviantART
I get distracted easily, Private Message me for faster responses.
Old Posted 11-16-2015, 03:59 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #19  
Yeah I found that same bug a few hours ago, thought it was just free items. Didn't think it was more than that, BUT APPARENTLY.

Edit: Ohhh, nice icons!

Old Posted 11-16-2015, 04:00 AM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
So, just so you all know, I've poked around the shops a bit and I'm pretty sure I have as much of an idea of what's going on as I can have without being a coder, lol.

So, as of right now, any item that isn't grouped isn't purchasable. Everything that is grouped, like items that come in the standard color sets or otherwise have a related variant, are all working fine.

If you select an item and the initial box says "Select a version you would like to preview and buy!" the item will work correctly. If it immediately shows you all the poses and gives you the normal "Buy now!" button (not the "Buy one of each version") then it is not purchasable in the new shop layout. You can, however, search for it in the old shops and purchase it as normal.

TOHO, I DID ALL THE WORK (AS USUAL UGH), NOW FIX IT.

Old Posted 11-16-2015, 04:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #21  
lol, working on it, Galla!

There is a lot of styling still missing, such as icons in the avatar preview. The ones you made there obsidian are pretty close to what I want. :)

And yes, these shops are still in development, that's why the shop link up top doesn't point to them yet. Bugs are still possible. Probable, even.

Plus the whole, "it's still slightly ugly and plain looking" thing.
Old Posted 11-16-2015, 09:07 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Also, maybe a suggestion? >->

How about grouping colors together on a 1-click for the previews to reduce cluttering?
While that's a nice idea, that is an intense amount of work to set up, so I don't think we'll be doing that.

I've got more to do today, but figured a quick bugfix would be in order: Single items are buyable now. I forgot to check them when I made a change to how I display the buy prompt recently.
Old Posted 11-16-2015, 10:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #23  
The only thing I can think of to possibly improve upon the new shops is maybe having something like a marker to show weather you already have an item or not. If you could implement that at some point that would be great! The shops are looking good though and are much easier to navigate and see everything. Thank you for your hard work guys! <3

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 11-16-2015, 12:18 PM Reply With Quote  
The One and Only
Yesss its so wonderful that I can find things now
;-;

Sergeant Pup
Old Posted 11-16-2015, 03:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #25  
:D Being able to find things was the main point of this.

Of course, that the shops also looked super old was a concern as well. But me being a programmer and not a designer means making it look good and professional takes extra time.

(Buy All now says how much it costs, and how many you're buying, but other things have distracted me today, so I didn't format it very prettily yet.)
Old Posted 11-16-2015, 05:54 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
While that's a nice idea, that is an intense amount of work to set up, so I don't think we'll be doing that.
That sucks because that's one of the most annoying things I find on this site and my suggestion was only towards the shop previews to reduce cluttering in the shops...
My DeviantART
I get distracted easily, Private Message me for faster responses.
Old Posted 11-16-2015, 09:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #27  
Well, I hope that the way I've laid out the poses in the shops (sorted by gender) helps make it a little less cluttery from the old way. Sorting them into like color poses, however, involves going through every single item that does that, and grouping them up.

Naturally, most of the commons wouldn't need that, but there are still many, many items.
Old Posted 11-16-2015, 10:03 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Now that I'm thinking of it.

Would it be possible to dump images of older items (DI's, RIGS, ect.) into one shop-like format so people know what older items look like? Or a system similar to that that uses the current shop systems displays? That would probably be far more easier then taking a screenshot of every single pose. Not a dream avi creator but just a viewer.

Most items we're all already in the shops so I'm sure the previous files are still there. You could just start small and just slowly update it overtime.

Nothing that needs to be done immediately, but there's been far to many items in the past and no good record of them. Making buying older items confusing for newer members and I'm sure most old members (including me) don't remember every single item and pose.

The marketplace needs to be revived soon, but that's for a little later discussion.

Old Posted 11-17-2015, 02:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #29  
Oooo! I love the sound of that Illusion <3 Sort of like a past item museum. ^_^

I know that I's find it useful seeing as I know that a few of the older members here have got sales threads, but have basically just screenshot their inventory and while I's love to by some of their unwanted things, I don't know what most of the items are called, let alone what they look like... ^_^;;

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 11-17-2015, 04:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
Now that I'm thinking of it.

Would it be possible to dump images of older items (DI's, RIGS, ect.) into one shop-like format so people know what older items look like? Or a system similar to that that uses the current shop systems displays? That would probably be far more easier then taking a screenshot of every single pose. Not a dream avi creator but just a viewer.

Most items we're all already in the shops so I'm sure the previous files are still there. You could just start small and just slowly update it overtime.

Nothing that needs to be done immediately, but there's been far to many items in the past and no good record of them. Making buying older items confusing for newer members and I'm sure most old members (including me) don't remember every single item and pose.

The marketplace needs to be revived soon, but that's for a little later discussion.
As it happens, using the shop structure to provide an item guide is in my plans. :)
Old Posted 11-17-2015, 09:06 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #31  
Just a suggestion for if someone would like to do it, for the 'x' button when previewing the available colors, maybe make the 'x' an image of a sword and staff crossing to make the 'x'. I would just do silhouette of them though, but I figured this would go better with something adventure themed. x'D

Edit:
If you do back from a shop menu it seems to kind of glitch and just shows that shop with a blank page instead of the page that shows the links to all the shops. Refreshing does fix this, but figured I'd point this out.

Last edited by ml1201; 11-18-2015 at 12:10 AM.
Old Posted 11-18-2015, 12:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Hijacking one code-related staff-member work thread to plug my own: http://trisphee.com/?p=1671232
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-18-2015, 05:30 PM Reply With Quote